sleepy not speedy

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Deno, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Deno

Deno New Member
    Registered

Hi,
    I'm new to this page and this is my 3rd day on Duromine 30mg. After about 40 minutes of taking them, I get a really cruisey feeling, kind of like a tranquil, peaceful feeling then after about another 15 minutes I get tired, I just want to sleep. There is no speedy feeling or energy burst wanting to get out there and do things like a lot of others say. I have had a bit of dizziness and my blood pressure was all over the place but seems to have settled now

I have changed my diet to vege, fruit and lean meat, Im up to about 3 litres of water each day and I'm using an exercycle for exercise.(I was a heavy drinker of RTDs but have stopped all alcohol completely while taking these tablets).

I really want to give these tablets a massive chance to help me lose weight. So.. please is there anyone who has had this side effect that can give me some advice?

Thanks (in advance)

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that you feel fatigue instead of energy. You might need to stop Duromine for a couple of days, and then restart it. Or try taking it every other day instead of every day. Either your body responds incorrectly to the drug action, or the dose is too high and you’re in a mild overdose (which causes tiredness).

Best of luck! Please, let us know how you go.

3. Deno

Deno New Member
    Registered

Hi,
    Just letting you know that I have stopped taking these tablets because during that 3rd night I had a pain through both breasts and also something which felt like a weight pressing down on my chest. Although that was not painful, it did stress me out a bit.

Since I stopped taking these, everything has returned to normal except for my eating pattern. I refuse to let those 3 full days go to waste so am trying to keep my food healthy and at a less amount.

Thank you for responding to my question, it was greatly appreciated.

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

I’m so sorry you had to go through this horrible side effects attack. Thank God you’re clever and stopped taking the pills immediately. AND you’re bravo to keep the healthy eating habits! If you wish, you can continue posting your weight loss journey here, on the forum. We welcome all people, who are changing their weight and life, with or without Duromine. Either way, best of luck!

5. Steph w

Steph w New Member
    Registered

I’m the same. I get the weird shattered side effect but I’m exhausted. (Sleeping 11 hour nights)

Try to go KETO (low carb) there’s a lot of Facebook groups for recipes and tips :) have a look. Aim for 20grams of carbs or less a day.

Cardio will be your best friend. Quickest way to shed is cardio. Eg step machine, tread, row, eliptical. With a lot of cardio you may not notice the kg dropping, but you will physically look skinner. I’d recommend measurements over scales. Good luck.

April likes this.