Side effects?

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Trich87, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Trich87

Trich87 New Member
    Registered

Hi, Im from SA, i have been on duromine for about 2 and a half months and so far have lost about 8kgs, i have not been exercising or dieting, but i want to start so the duromine works faster. i have been getting dry mouth alot and sometimes i get cuts on my tongue, i went to the pharmacist and he said its because i need to drink more water. recently ive also noticed that if i DONT eat i feel really sick, like wanting to gag or throw up. is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Rukayah

Rukayah New Member
    Registered

Hi there fellow South African,

I started duromine last week (19/11/2012) and the dry mouth on the one hand sucks but on the other has motivated me to drink at lease 4 litres of water a day. I also tend to feel yukky when i don't eat so i've bought some trail mix and dried fruit and snack on this between meals. My doctor told me that it is important to not skip meals and to rather eat smaller meals throughout the day so that you don't mess up your metabolism. I know that is hard because you don't have an appetite and can easily go a day without eating anything and that is why I stock up on fruit and with Summer being here their is such a yummy variety at the market.

With regards to the gagging and nausea, I had that at the beginning but not so bad now although I have developed a few food aversions particularly meat in any form.

I hope that your journey gets easier and you achieve your weight loss goals.

R:)

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome! :)

4. michellestander30

michellestander30 New Member
    Registered

hi im only 4 days om duro 15mg.. i also feel sick if i dont eat,,sometimes i get dizzy spells or i feel spaced out.. i still get hungry on the 15mg but cant go up to the 30mg as the 30g feels to strong again.. 2ights i slept nice,and now for the other 2 nights i cant sleep again as if i got slight anxiety..im cofused,,

5. michellestander30

michellestander30 New Member
    Registered

hi im only 4 days om duro 15mg.. i also feel sick if i dont eat,,sometimes i get dizzy spells or i feel spaced out.. i still get hungry on the 15mg but cant go up to the 30mg as the 30g feels to strong again.. 2ights i slept nice,and now for the other 2 nights i cant sleep again as if i got slight anxiety..im cofused,, im also from south africa.. i stared the 15mg on the 25nov 2012

6. SallyCooper

SallyCooper New Member
    Registered

4 litres of water, omg do you spend all day peeing.....lol
    Ive been drinking lots of water and I only drink about 1.5 litres, I hate water and im pretty happy with that amount, not sure how your fitting it in, thats a great weight loss for not dieting or exercising too :)

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Michelle, it seems that insomnia is the main side effect in your case.. Well on my experience, I tried different things to get rid of it. Let's say books, it wasn't convenient to read in bed though..but I got electronic book. Believe me it makes you sleepy in 10 minutes! I've read somewhere that if you have sleep issues, you should change some rules: air your bedroom at least for 15 minutes before going to bed, soft&nice bedclothes (fancy print maybe?), try to drink a glass of warm milk before sleep, or turn on some calm music on timer. I know it may not remove your problem, but worth to try) ) Because it helped me personally.