Sick of being the fat friend :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lisa :), Jan 18, 2013.

1. Lisa :)

Lisa :) New Member
    Registered

Hi all :)

I am a 27 year old married woman with 2 kids (nearly 6 and nearly 7) 2 great danes a kelpie a cat and a horse. I have always been heavy but has gotten worse since I had 2 children 10 months apart the last one being a cesarean and then suffering bad post natal depression. On top of that my husband is fifo so it is very easy to get fast food. So that's all my "excuses" lol
    As my thread title states I am sick and tired of not being able to shop where my friends do and looking massive in group photos. Therefore have decided its time to do something serious about it.
    I have always been muscular (nobody else I know bar my husband can bench press 120kg ) so am not expecting to reach my BMI ideal weight of 65kgs but want to fit into regular clothes comfortably and not be so heavy......Hopefully somewhere around 78kgs.
    I started Duromine 30mg 2 days ago after asking my doctor for it and so far have been having to force myself to eat. In regards to exercise I have a physical job as a aged carer and also a very physical hobbie/voluntary job of horse riding/training. I have also found that Duromine has so far given me extra energy to get things done around the house that were sadly being neglected due to just being so tired, not getting restful sleep (insomnia mixed with sleep apnoea ) Also I use a awesome calorie couting/exercise monitoring app called Myfitnesspal.
    So basically my hopes and goals for being on this medication are to lose weight, regain my energy and be confident enough to have my photo taken not always feeling like people are staring at me cause I'm build like the proverbial outhouse :rolleyes:

Ok stat time:
    starting day-

Current weight: 111.8
    Realistic Goal weight: 78
    Weight to lose: 33.8
    Bust: 125cm
    Hips: 127cm
    Waist: 105cm
    Thigh: 71cm
    Neck: 41cm

I think its important to include Cms lost as you dont always lose kg's but tone muscle which makes you smaller LOL.

Day 1:
    Felt great took med at 5am and went back to sleep till 7am big improvement for e as I generally cant muster the energy to be out of bed by 10am. tidied up around the house.... Found myself to be a little more "spaced" than normal if i started something then noticed something else that needed doing I tended to forget what I was doing and started next job....Also smoking way more than usual and not the slightest bit interested in food. Took kids out for lunch and forced salad down. All in all a good day diet and mood wise only side effect I have noticed is not being tired but isn't unusual for me anyway.

Day 2:
    Again up early and raring to go which is great. got a lot of chores done in the morning and had my first day back at work since starting duromine which I was a bit nervous about cause I had a bit of a "high" around 1pm but stayed well within my daily calorie amount burnt about 2000 calories through work, cleaning and gardening. I did notice I was very thirsty today so kept a bottle of water topped up and with me at all time and I am not yet tired again however s silly as it sounds I am feeling lighter and have a abundance of energy.

I am aiming to only weigh/measure myself weekly and will hopefully update accordingly. I think this forum is a very useful tool in deciding if Duromine is for you as it doesn't just focus on the side effects it gives you a gauge of what to expect weigh loss wise and great diet/exercise tips from real people not just idealists :D

Good Luck on your weight loss paths everybody :)

2. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Hope your having a great day.
    I am having to force myself to eat as well.. need to do a better job of that tomorrow.
    Goodluck with your journey.

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Lisa!
    It's nice to see you here, welcome!
    Muster up courage and go! Seems the first few days went fine, so keep it up.:D

4. Lisa :)

Registered

HI again all :)
    thanks caragh87 and Kate :) Same to you and kudos to you Kate you have lost a entire person!!!

Day three didn't go as well lol I slept through my alarm I set to take my med and so had it late ( 9 am instead of 5 am) then spent the morning with a head and neck ache.....That plus personal dramas lead to Friday feeling like a Monday!
    Diet wise I went well stayed well within my calories and actually got slightly hungry at around 8 pm lol Drunk around 5 liters of water today so didn't even bother to sneak onto scales at work because it would have been all water weight :D I did however sneak onto mums scales earlier and think I'm down about 1.5 kgs.....but not sure mums are unreliable and old school dial type...
    Hope everyone has had a great day see you all tomorrow :)

5. Lisa :)

Registered

hi all
    well weighed in today....fairly happy with the results :) the last 4 days I have been mentally exhausted but only getting like 3 hours sleep and drinking around 6 litres of water per day and still thirsty so thats how its going side effect wise :/

ok so the results

Weight - 109 loss of 2.8kg
    neck - 40 loss of 1 cm
    bust - 121 loss of 4 cm
    waist - 97 loss of 8 cm
    hips - 125 loss of 2 cm
    thigh - 70.5 loss of 0.5 cm

So not bad but not great...have a very busy work week coming up and am going to get back in the saddle more regularly so hopefully next weeks losses will be better!

good luck in the upcoming week everyone :)

6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Not bad I think! Remind me please, is it the first week loss?

7. Lisa :)

Registered

Yep Kate this is first week loss :)

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey! Don't give up, my first week loss was 2.1kg!

9. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Hi Lisa!

Congrats on your loss, mine was very similar at 2.2kg..
    The weight doesn't have to fly off.. but just come off as it should because that's ones of the way's too keep it off!!

Oh and 8CM off your waist!!! That's fantastic.
    You've inspired me to take measurements again tonight to stay on track.

10. Stonie

Stonie New Member
    Registered

Hello Lisa,

Congratulations on your weight loss. 2.8kg loss is great. Everyone is different and will post different numbers. Be encouraged that you will lose something. All the best.

11. Lisa :)

Registered

thanks everyone for your words of support.
    Still 2 days til i weigh in for this week but I had a terrible day on Wednesday and my diet was purely liquid :(
    We had our great Dane Abby pts suddenly after she got bloat and then within an hour or so my first horse (who was now owned by my good friend) died of a heart attack. So drowning the sorrows was necessary .
    I didn't take my duromine on Thursday as I haven't been sleeping well and wanted a good nights rest to recooperate from Wednesday and then Thursday morning when we buried the girls together in eb's paddock at the farm.
    I have found that even on my day off i wasn't ravenous as I used to be and so much less will fill me up to the point of feeling bloated and awful. so thats a good thing..
    measurements for this week are so far looking promising and my clothes are getting looser :)
    I have also found as others have that nobody has yet commented on any weight loss even though I feel like im so much smaller lol I'm waiting for hubby's reaction as he has been away at work the entire time and wont be home until the 5th of Feb which is still another week and a half away and so he should really (hopefully) see the difference.
    hope everyone is having a great week and hoping for big losses for you all :)

12. Lisa :)

Registered

HI all Just posting my weigh in results from yesterday :D this is end of week two results and a very bad diet week :/ missed 2 duromines as well...

weight - 106.8 loss 2.2kg total loss so far 5kg
    Neck - 39 -1 total far 2cm
    bust - 119 -2 total so far 6cm
    waist - 95 -2 total so far 10cm
    hips - 123.5 -1.5 total so far 3.5
    thigh - 69 -1.5 total so far 2 cm

total cms lost so far is 23.5cm :) so much prefer measuring than just weighing myself :D
    hope everyone has a great week :)