Seeking Duromine - is it right for me?

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by James_, Oct 30, 2012.

1. James_

James_ New Member
    Registered

Hi guys.

Recently I've decided I want to do something about my weight - but seriously. I've tried exercise and diet and nothing seems to be working, I just don't have the self discipline.

My biggest downfall is that I work three jobs so I am always out, so I am always resorted to purchasing food (which will never be as health as cooking for myself).

So I figure the best way to curb my appetite as well as to give me energy throughout my life would be to get Duromine.

However, Upon visiting a doctor he called it a "shit drug" and said I shouldn't even think about it. He also reckons it doesn't have any results in the long term.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Should I seek advice from another doctor and try to get some Duromine? My sister has had it for about three months now and has lost 30ish kilos! To me that seems like a good outcome and she seems like she is strict enough to not want to revert back to her former self.

Advice?

2. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi James,

Yeah every doctor has a different opinion and yes the best way to lose weight is through diet and exercise but most of us, like yourself, do not have the time. The way I see it is that, if we have the technology and the knowledge to produce a drug that can burn fat off your body than why not use it?

I say see a different doctor for a second opinion. This drug is a great tool for getting you to "learn" how to eat. Yes you have to eat better during and most importantly, AFTER you go off Duromine. Otherwise you are going to put the weight back on.
    I, myself am a big lad. I am nearly 128Kg and 30 years old but the thing is I put nearly all that weight on in my younger years back when I use to drink grog too much and ate WAY too much bad foods. Back then I didn't give a dame and now I am paying for it. I have stayed at around 128Kg for a few years and I know when I hopefully lose the weight I will be able to keep it off because I eat a lot better and drink a lot less these days ;)

And your sister is doing really well! That's how this drug can work in the right hands. I say give a go and see how you go ;)

Cheers! :cool:

3. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

Yes because he does not like it , does not mean he should not prescribe it. You aren't asking him to take it. I get really mad when doctors won't prescribe something , when u need it and are will to give it a go. The doctor is spoke to inform you and then you make the dession and then monitor u. Go to another doctor who understand u and will let u decide what u take not them. :)