Second time round and much more heavier

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kiara, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi all :)!!

As the title says, this is my second time on duromine. This post will most likely be a bit lengthy :p

I believe my first time was about 3 years ago. It worked pretty well, but I unfortunately couldn’t afford the tablets, nutritionist appointments and my doctor moved. I gave it up. I believe I lost 10kgs in 2 or so months, I was thrilled!

During my first round, I remembered having anxiety and not being able to sleep that well. However the pros outweighed the cons.

My weight has slowly crept up on me, mind you I hardly excercised or watched what I ate. So I have no one to blame but myself.

This round, I am starting at a whooping 104.7kgs. I’m only 151cm tall and 29 years old. As you can imagine, I’m carrying a lot of weight on this short frame!

My motivations are:
    -to be healthy
    -to like what I see in the mirror (instead of avoiding my reflection)
    -feel comfortable in my own skin
    -to be able to start a family in the next few years

My doctor is very brutal, reminding me of my age and how much I weigh. It made me feel humiliated, but I know I need to change.

So I am on a 1200cal Keto diet and taking 15mg.

Day 3 is almost complete and I have successfully stuck with the Keto Diet.

My day 3 weigh in is: 103.5
    Lost so far: 1.2kgs

Rava likes this.
  2. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi @Kiara and glad you decided to post :)

I love your list of motivations!

How are the side effects this time around? and what strength of Duromine are you on?

If you feel like sharing some of your Keto meal recipes - I would love it! I tend to stick to the same old, same old and it can be quite boring at times :)

3. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

Hi Rava!

Thanks so much for your reply :)!!

I’m on 15mg for the first 2 weeks and jumping up to 30mg after that. However, I am finding that I’m doing okay on the 15mg.

Current side effects I’m experiencing is trouble falling asleep/staying asleep. That’s a bit crazy for me, as I’m the type of person who can nap anywhere, anytime! The waking up throughout the night is a bit annoying, but I seem alright when I wake up for the day.

I’m also experiencing some increased anxiety. I’m always an anxious person and always second guess what I do, but Duromine has kicked it up a notch! It’s bearable but I’m kinda not wanting to go to the 30mg if it makes it worse.

I will definitely share some Keto recipes! I have just been doing stir fry’s and omelettes mainly, but I want to try some recipes in the future!

Rava likes this.
  4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

In regards to the sleeping - hopefully it will settle down some after a week or so *hugs*

For the anxiety, I do a little exercise called "5 things".

First take 10 deep breathes, close your eyes and try to relax. Listen to what is around you.... there is no time limit on this if it takes 5 minutes or 15 minutes doesn't matter..

With your eyes closed say out loud 5 things that you can hear.

The exercise is a way of getting you out of your head and bringing you back to the "present". It really does help :)

My youngest suffers from extreme anxiety and its one of the exercises that was given to her to help. My whole family now uses it when we are dealing with any type of stressful or anxious situation :)

5. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

Thanks for the tip! I’ve always been a little bit on the anxious side, so Duromine has added to it a bit.

I’ll use your suggestions and hope they help, especially at work :)!

6. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

It seems I’ve come to the end of my first week. I’m still doing Keto which has been alright, yesterday got a bit difficult towards the end of the day.

One major thing this week however, I went back to the gym and did a class. I started getting a bit blurry near the end but just disregarded it. I felt a bit nauseous after but drove home. Once I got home I actually threw up. And I lost all my energy and thought I was going to faint. I threw up a couple more times and got very cold. It took my almost 3 hours to be able to feel alright. I have a feeling that I didn’t eat and drink enough before hand.

Weekly weigh in
    SW 104.7kg
    1st week 101.3kg
    Lost 3.4kgs

Really happy with my first week, but weary I know that the first week you will loose a lot and the rate drops off. My first goal is to be under 100kg. I have no idea how to treat myself as I’m bit scared to put on the weight again and I don’t want to spend money haha

7. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Kiara I still have days like that, and I am not doing Keto lol! You've got this!!

Yeppers, you are correct!! Little to no food and drink = no energy = pass out feeling...

Just keep an eye on yourself and judge how you are reacting. The change in weather here is bringing a lot of bugs with it (I'm in Perth) and my kids and husband have all had the sniffles with a slight temperature.

If you feel like you can't eat a normal portion - continue to snack throughout the day with healthy options. Might keep the energy more consistent *hugs*

Whooo Hooo! Congrats on your loss!! Thats fantastic!

Everybody is different hun, so don't be worried about what might happen. Just keep plodding along remembering to make great choices and drink and eat regularly. You got this!

Kiara likes this.
  8. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

I thought I would do a mid-week check in.

I’ve reached my first mini goal! Under 100kg! ...just! 99.9 was my morning weigh in!!

As suspected, my weight loss has slowed, however my diet has slipped a bit and I’ve been having quite a bit of carbs everyday. The Christmas lead up is definitely being a test!

Despite the diet not being 100%, I have been exercising, twice so far and expecting to go another 2 more times.

Weight lost so far 4.8kgs

Rava likes this.
  9. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

End of second week check in:

SW 104.7
    1st week 101.3 (lost 3.4kgs)
    2nd week 99.6 (lost 1.7kgs)
    Total lost 5.1kgs

Got to admit, loosing a bit of motivation this week. Had a cheat meal last Friday and didn’t really get back onto the Keto train all week or logging my food. However, I have been mindful of my calorie intake. I’m aware of myself slipping and I know I need to make the change to continue on this journey that I have to do.

I’m glad that I’m under the 100kg mark, I had in mind to reach this goal by Christmas. I’m really glad to have reached it, early! My next mini goal in mind is to have lost 10kgs altogether 94.7kgs! I dunno if I’m being overly optimistic but I am aiming for this at Christmas! So I need to stay on my diet and exercise!!

Symptom wise, my sleeping has improved, I only wake up once during the night. I usually feel like I’m ready for the day, but I can usually fall back to sleep within half an hour. I’ve actually become quite sleepy in the early evenings now! But what can I say, I am a napping animal!
    My nervousness/anxiety is still heightened. I’m lucky that in my current job that I can keep it at bay a bit, however I am starting to get over it. It just never seems to stop, so I’m giving myself a day off duromine and seeing if it relieves for today. Not sure if I want to jump up to the 30mg dose that my doctor wants me on now, I’ve been putting off my dr appt but will have to check in next week I think

Rava likes this.
  10. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Amazing @Kiara

How is your anxiety now?

11. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

It has calmed a bit! But now I have been prescribed 30mg, so I guess it’ll start all over again...

12. Kiara

Kiara Member
    Registered

I gotta admit, the last few weeks have been a terrible fail for me. I stopped eating as well as I had been and I haven’t been to the gym a whole lot the last fortnight.

I have myself a couple days off duromine here and there on weekends, mainly because I knew I was going out and I didn’t want to waste a tablet on those days..

I had my doctors appointment yesterday, and she is happy with my progress so far and my blood pressure is going down, which is a huge plus!

4th week check in:

SW 104.7
    1st week 101.3
    2nd week 99.6
    3rd week 99.9
    4th week 98.6

Total lost- 6.1kgs

I am currently sick, so taken some more time off duromine, at least for today.
    I’m hoping to be back on track by the end of the weekend in the lead up to Christmas. I’ve been put up to 30mg, so fingers crossed that I stay motivated this week and see a bigger loss before Christmas!