Second time lucky?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nikki9122, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Nikki9122

Nikki9122 New Member
    Registered

Well hello, my name is Nicole but i accept Nikki :) I am 22 years old and I am from NZ..

I first started taking duromine in 2012, approx 2 months, i started on 15mg for a month then moved to 30mg. For the first month i was on duromine i lost 10kgs which is amazing but i was still eating junk food, takeaways every single night, i got the mindset that i can eat anything and ill still lose weight and unfortunatly i carried that on after stopped taking the pills, i started off at 134kgs and i got down to 118 kgs but over the past couple years i managed to gain all that weight back on because i didnt change my lifestyle habbits.

My doctor prescribed me 30mg a months worth plus a repeat of duromine yesterday, was suprised she started me off on 30mg, normaly they start you off on 15 to ease your body onto them but nope, im not complaining even though this next part might suggest otherwise.

I took my first pill at 8am this morning with a slim shake as i hate eating in the mornings but i can swallow a drink :) i was at church this morning and i do the computers for the services and all of a sudden i could not sit still, my heart was racing and i could taste blood, freaked me out but i had a glass of water and i felt better. For both lunch and dinner i had chicken salads, one homemade and the other from Carls Jnr.

I really hope i cana stick this out because it is my desire to feel good about myself and i cant remember ever liking body :(

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Nikki! :)
    Congratulations you came to the idea you need to change your whole lifestyle to lose weight successfully this time! It is a lot. You understand now that while taking the pills, you should eat healthy no matter what, otherwise your kilos will go back again:(
    Take the pills early in the morning, drink water, eat 4-5 small meals a day and a little of sport will do great!
    All that help a lot to change your body weight and your entire eating behavior. Stay strong this time, darling!

3. Nikki9122

Nikki9122 New Member
    Registered

Thought id add a little update :) had my first pill Sunday mornin and for the past few days iv had alot of side affects but iv managed to pull through, had a huge lack of energy at nights so havent been to the gym but i do walk for half n hour every morning so thats a plus :) my starting weight was actually 135kgs :-( but i am pleased to say i am now 130kgs :-D i took my measurements n iv lost some cm but i cant remember hahaha