Scared to start

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scared2start, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Scared2start

Scared2start New Member
    Registered

Hi. I got a script for 15mg but am scared to start. I am worried about this "buzz" feeling, that people will know i am taking something. I have 10 stubborn kgs to lose. I have gone from 110 to 76 by changing eating habits but i've been stuck on 76 for 2 months now so dr said duromine might help kick start the weightloss again. I am addicted to coke zero and i think i wont be able to have it on duromine. Most of all i am scared of the drug making me feel high and not being able to make that feeling go away.
    So many ppl say its like an amphetamine and i am scared.
    I really want to get rid of my last 10 kgs but worry so much.
    I take 10mg of lexapro, dr said its such a low dose and 15mg of duromine is such a low dose i should not have any problems but here i am being afraid of this pill. Afraid it will land me in rhe hospiral, afraid of seratonine sindrome... Sorry about this long rant, i want to take it but am so scared :(

2. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

I was scared to take it too, my sister, my husband were against it, the research i did gave me all sorts of results to being fantastic or having to go off it because of no sleep or moodiness ,all sorts of things.I started taking duramine and i am glad i did, i have almost completed week 1 of 12 ,and going very well, you have to try it to know if your body is ok with it.

3. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Ive been on duromine for going on 2 weeks now and I drink coke zero and coffee and im fine. You just need to keep an eye on your bp. If you feel as though you are have heart palpations or your heart is beating faster then normal you may have to give up the caffeine. But ypu wont know untill you try. Good luck and I hope it works for you.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

First of all, coke zero contains calories that won't let you drop kilos. True, if you don't believe me - research. Although I know how hard it is to quit old habits. Well, it's up to you. Secondly, Duromine is not an amphetamine, not even close to it. Many people think they are so smart they know everything because they heard something from other people, especially those, who misused it or simply had a bad experience on it, but that is a fact - everybody's different and you cannot insure yourself from side effects.

Duromine suppresses hunger, so you don't think of food constantly, but on contrary - trying to force yourself eat when it needed. Also Duromine gives you extra energy, but not always and not in everyone. Unfortunately. You'll never know untill you try. I say - try it for a couple of weeks and then make your conclusions. Hope you'll be doing great, Scared2start! Have a nice day!

5. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

Hi
    It took me 3 yrs to finally go ahead and take D, like you I was scared of the buzz feeling, the mood swings, I looked it up online read reviews, then would forget about it, asked my friend I have no idea how many times about it, she had terrible terrible mood swings ! And it really put me off. She lost a lot of weight, but she wouldn't recommend it.
    But here I am doing it, and no crazy buzz,and no horrible mood swings,but yes first two nights ,I could not sleep, and dry mouth symptoms , but all ok now, I do not have any other caffeine tho, I just don't need it, and I really have to make myself eat, breakfast I manage ok, I have a boiled egg or maybe scrambled.. Morning tea I have about 12 raw cashews, by lunch I have no taste buds! And I know I should eat!! Then dinner at 6 I am hungry but never manage to eat my whole dinner.. Bed at 9.30 and I sleep no worries now, I set my alarm at 4.15 I take my D then...no bad side effects all good and I am on 40g, :)

6. misshell

misshell New Member
    Registered

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF! honestly, its not like you take it and..BANG!...you get this crazy high that will trip you out. Its gradual and if you experience any of the buzzy side effects, they arent the kind that makes you feel out of control of your own body. Its not something to be feared. By being scared of it, your only going to be concentrated on the bad things that may happen and will make it seem alot worse than it actually is. More often than not, there is no side effects at all with the 15mg.