Scared to start

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by alacrity, May 16, 2014.

1. alacrity

alacrity Member
    Registered

I filled a script for 15mg yesterday and was going to start them this morning but I chickened out. I am concerned with getting side effects. I am pretty sensitive to a lot of things, can't have caffeine as it triggers my vertigo. I don't have time to be unwell. What are peoples experience with day one on 15mg?

2. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi. I waited til the weekend before i started so that my bf would be home incase i had bad effects; i was scared too. Besides my contraceptive pill, i am totally drug free, wont even drink coffee or take a pill for a headache, and anytime ive been forced to take antibiotics or anything, i always reacted badly.

But surprisingly, these havent been that bad. My first month was 15mg. First day i was very thirsty, drank 4 litres of water, and was overly chatty but i think that was just abit of pseudo anxiety about the whole thing. So just keep drinking water, and remember to eat, because ur hunger kinda vanishes.

I had no trouble getting to sleep, but had trouble staying asleep for the first week, but didnt feel sleepy in the day. After about 6 days, i started getting hot flashes if i didnt drink enough water.

Other than that, all was fine. My second month was on 30mg and other than the same effects as the 15mg, i sometimes get dizzy if i get up quickly. Its all a matter of listening to ur body. And i believe, for myself anyway, drinking enough water is the key to not experiencing bad effects. I dont even feel like im taking anything.
    But everyone is different.

My dr mainly advised me to listen to my body, drink as much as i feel i need to, and have an apple a day (it puts back some minerals that the duromine depletes from the body).

Hope that helped alittle.
    Best of luck and health.

#2 lovecat, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
    Lanny Edey likes this.