Scared and Worried - Weight Rebound.

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Janelle is determined, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Janelle is determined

Registered

Hi All,

Today is Day 2 of Duromine and I did a silly thing and did a google search on the product and all that kept coming up was once you stop taking it, you will gain the weight back.

This is extremely scary to me. I have worked hard to lose over 20kgs and I have another 25kgs to go. The doctor has given me a 2 months supply @ 30mg which is to help me get over my plateau and keep me motivated.

My diet is fine (under the guidance of professional) and I go to the gym 5 days a week but now I am worried that if I continue with the Duromine I will gain back anything I lose during this time.

Has anyone stopped taking it and kept the weight off??

2. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

it's up to u if u put the weight on. duramine is not a magic fix that keeps the weight of for ever . it helps u kick start a new you :) . once you learn to eat healthy, exercise and have confidence n yourself, u r ready to come of Duramine. it's a life change not a quick fix. my husband has lost 50kgs about 1 half yrs ago and he makes sure he keeps within his weight. try and think like we are a machine, what we put in we must put out :). I'm still getting ny head around it too. it's Deff believing in yourself not the pill :)
    hope this help you carry on and know u will make a change :)

3. Janelle is determined

Registered

I guess it was silly of me to google it anyway. Everybody is different and I have done everything right so far (with the help of my wonderful supportive doctor). So there is no reason for it not to continue.

Failure is not at option for me.

Thanks for your advice, my mind has been eased.

4. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

lol ur not silly, it's a thought we all think when we go on diets, they say 90% of ppl put back on the weigh after they finish there diet but we are different, we are changing our life style. you will be eating normal the whole time not counting points or drinking shakes. So when u come of Duramine u will just carry on as it will be second nature. I really believe in never not have something just have it in moderation, as we will keep craving that item and we will gorge in it instead.

Can't wait to see how u go for the next two mth :) I have been on duramine for 10 weeks, check out in my album and see the difference it can make. I still have a while to go tho.

5. Janelle is determined

Registered

Thanks Aturn

your 100% correct about the 90% of people putting it back on. I extended my google search and checked it out and I really believe that if you want it you will achieve it.

This is the first time in my life that my mind is in the right place.

I just looked at your album and your weight loss so far is fantastic. It inspired me...I was having a sad day today...which is strange because I normally love Fridays. Your blog is great as well :)

At the moment the 25kgs I need to lose seems very very daunting but I think I will need to sit down and break it down into smaller goals (with rewards - that aren't food) but I know I can do this.

6. Janelle is determined

Registered

I'm a bit sad this morning. Tomorrow will be the one week on duromine and I couldn't help but weight myself today to check and I have only lost 3.5kgs. I was hoping for 5kgs.

I know I should be happy with the loss, and I should add in to the fact I have my monthly friend turn up today. But its a bit disheartening.

I know my feelings are probably 90% hormonal, but its just annoying.

BUT!!!

I wont let it beat me, I will continue on. I will be a healthier person.

SW - 100kgs
    CW - 96.5kgs
    GW - 75kgs
    Height - 175cm

7. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

that is such a good weight loss,look back on my first week it's hardly much. I still read ppl post and think " shit how could they of lost that much in a week,when I bigger and go to the gym"? but then I rember we are all different, we all will lose it differently.and we are all trying to
    to do the best we can. if u did not know about this forum,I bet u would be rapt with 3.5 kgs. and rember it's going to slow down specially when u start exercising.

enjoy ur your weight loss and I can't wait to see next week weigh in :)

8. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

You should never be sad about a loss!! any loss! and i guarentee you that any normal time you would be stoked to loose even 1 kg so why should you hate 3.5... because like aturn said you have read other comments online etc and you think thats small... its not... its successful...
    Those with bigger weightlosses are normally those that put it back on after, cos they are doing it wrong - no eating at all, AND not exercising so its eating away at their muscle stores...
    Keep strong, believe in yourself and keep at it.
    One day at a time, you can do this! :)

9. vkchev74

vkchev74 New Member
    Registered

I've just joined. I took Duromine at the beginning of the year and lost 25kg. I stopped taking it in April, I've put on 5kg. I am really pleased I managed to only put on that amount. I've started taking it again and hoping to get down to the 70's this time. It helped me with controlling my hunger and cravings so my diet is healthier now but I do still indulge on occasions :)

bearanni likes this.
  10. Janelle is determined

Registered

Thanks for your support everyone. I figure it was me being hormonal, i should be impressed with my loss.

Has anyone noticed that they don't drink as much coffee? I love coffee, live for it even but now I am struggling to have 3 cups a day. Before duromine I would have 7-8 cups per day.

11. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

I have noticed in alot of the ?threads? ive replied on ppl are saying their coffee consumption is right down... unfortunatley I am no help here as Im not a coffee drinker...
    I wonder what it is... the taste? not needing the extra boost? hmmm...

Anyway... how are you going today? feeling stronger in yourself now? I hope you really are happy with that loss, its REALLY good! :)

Anything else you want to get off your chest? :)

bearanni likes this.