Salad sandwich

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by christyheathcote, Feb 12, 2014.

1. christyheathcote

christyheathcote New Member
    Registered

Is it ok to have a salad sandwich for lunch? At the moment I only have fruit though the day and meat,mashed potato, pumpkin, peas, corn and carrots for tea I find myself getting hungry before it's time for tea. I am fussy with food I only like certain things. 3 weeks into using duromine and I finding I have not got much energy the last week I still do 30 min on the treadmill at 4k each morning except on days I work I was 134 when I started duromine I am now 127 but there were a coupleof days where iI stuffed up sometimes I feel it's too hard and it is not working

2. MissE

MissE New Member
    Registered

Hi Christy!

I am a firm believer in low carb so I usually don't eat a lot of bread. I have just found that by not consuming bread, rice potatoe etc I feel better and lose weight but in saying that every body is different!

You could do an open sandwhich? One slice of bread and toast it? I find myself having lettuce cup "sandwiches" with salad fillings and chicken or ham. It doesn't look like much but I am always so full and satisfied afterwards from the lettuce!

A couple of raw almonds will keep hunger at bay at that 3pm slump until you have dinner.

I am ending my 2nd week on 30mg and have found the extra energy has worn off a bit too so I feel it is normal.

We all know it is hard to change our habbits but the longer we stick to them the easier it will become, and the more weight we lose! :)

You must be doing well to lose that much already so please don't give up.

We are all human and will go off track every now and then but so long as you start back on your healthy eating and exercise straight away that is all you can do (took me a while to realise that one..)

Feel more than free to message me on here, I'm always lurking around with plenty of time until study commences again!

Stonie and Lennie001 like this.
  3. christyheathcote

christyheathcote New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the advice I don't eat much bread really I just wanted to have something other then fruit I have never Tryed a lettuce sandwich befor is it like lettuce instead of bread and then ya filling in between o will try it I don't eat nuts I'm very fussy I love my mashed potato for dinner I don't mind boiled potato I could give that a go when I go to the shop now I find myself looking at what fat and carb are in things and o do 30 min on treadmill only at 4k an hour except days I work I'm trying to do it without my husband and kids knowing which is hard I really appreciate your feedback and support how are you doing

4. Lennie001

Lennie001 New Member
    Registered

Hi Christy,
    another idea is a sushi wrap but without the rice. I've been having the sushi wrap with spinach, tomato and sliced chicken. It's really low in calories but satisfying, and if you're gluten intolerant like me it's much nicer than some of the GF wraps.
    Good luck

christyheathcote likes this.