Question . . .

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Elle, May 17, 2011.

1. Elle

Elle New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone :)

I'm just wondering about peoples experiences with energy levels . . .

I am at the ned of my fourth day . . . weightloss is going well but I feel just awful :( really terrible. I have been slightly headachy all day and feeling hungry and now I just don't have any energy . . . feeling SOOO exhausted . . . .

If you have experienced this please share with me your experience. I am wanting to keep pushing because it is early days and I am sure I am just getting used to the medication.

Thanks

Elle:p

2. bombdiggity

bombdiggity New Member
    Registered

Hi Elle

I'm on Day 7, yesterday I had a headache and felt pretty ordinary (but I do have a cold as well). Today I feel ok, but I'm HUNGRY!!!

Today so far, I had 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast (my multivitamin, glucosamine and fish oil too), a black coffee and I've just had a small cheese and vegie muffin and 750ml of water. Hopefully that will tide me over until lunchtime!

Hopefully this helps Elle.

BD

3. ann

ann New Member
    Registered

Hello Elle & bomdigitty

On my first week (on 15mg tablet) sometimes I was feeling hungry but I was trying to focus on something else. It was not easy to focus on anything because I work from home and yeah... I had to remind myself to stop going into the kitchen so often.
    When I felt hungry I ate fresh vegie or fruit like carrot or apple or had some tea/water.
    Some people experience headaches (like my husband), if they are on empty stomach, so maybe try to have a snack but eat in small portions.
    Avoid having just 2 (but big) meals per day . Try to eat small but often, if you need to. Your stomach need to shrink so you don't need to eat as much as before and when your pills are gone. When you hungry keep reminding yourself, why you try to loose the weight.

My energy returned when I lost first kilos because I truly was struggling while overweight. I couldn't sleep and sometimes I was a miserable person. I used to be all smiley and happy and now I am like that again :).
    I focused really hard to loose weight and I know nothing can stop me now. Even if I was struggling with the side effects (but I didn't) I was prepared to bit it somehow. It is important to think positive and stay strong.
    Cheers and good luck:)

4. bombdiggity

bombdiggity New Member
    Registered

Thanks Ann. Your story is really wonderful and I'm so pleased that you have lost the weight you have. Keep up the great work!

Did you ever get an "empty" feeling around an hour after eating?