Question about duromine & birth control pills

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Ambie, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Ambie

Ambie New Member
    Registered

Hi
    I was wondering if birth control pills have any affect on duromine.
    Because I am currently on b/c levlen and my 2nd week of duromine I started getting break through bleeding while on my active pills and I havnt lost any weight at all in 1 and half weeks.
    Im wondering if I go off the birth control pills will I lose more weight and once Im at my goal weight go back on birth control pills??

2. FitIn13

FitIn13 New Member
    Registered

Hey Mate,

Some medications react with it to make it (or the other med) less effective but I couldn't say 100% if your pill in particular would as I have no idea! I know when I was on the pill I didn't think anything of it but when I went off it, I lost about 15 kg in 6 months without really changing anything. It changes your hormone balances so some people will have weight gain. When you are pregnant your hormones change and obviously for more than one reason you gain weight and when you are on the pill, your body 'thinks' it's pregnant so you can't actually GET pregnant! Maybe you should ask your Dr? Don't stress! There's always hurdles and ups and downs with weight loss and once you power through this plateau the weight will drop off! Good luck!