Positive experiences after reading scaring posts...

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by JustMe, May 8, 2012.

1. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hey All,
    Just joined and thought i would start documenting my experience with D.
    Firstly, before going to get a script for D i was on the net googling every bit of information i could find, i was actually really freaked out with the amount of negative effects and postings. BUT, everyone is different right? So i decided to go to the Doc and ask about it.

Yes its true, its a strong drug and if its not right for you, you know within a day or 2. So i got the script and purchased a pack last week.
    The doc weighed me on Tuesday. I am 155cm tall/short...and 75kg. I am a very tight size 12 bottom and bust top size 14-16. I'm sure some might say thats not obese, but its definately overweight for me. My body shape is an inverted triangle so even though my legs and bottom are not very big, my waist and bust is very big.

My problem is that, i love food. I do go to the gym 3-4 times a week, but i eat a lot more that an i burn. I love new foods, chocolates, restaurants etc...AND when i eat, i eat a large serve! So, i heard D supresses the appetite.

I have been taking 30mg since Thursday last week. I took at tablet on thurs and fri, didnt take any on sat or sunday and took one yesterday (monday) and another today.
    Here is what i have experienced with being awake and sleep.

I am wide awake all the time. I am definately not more alert, just awake. I feel i can go on and on forever, my mind seems to be running a million miles an hour, but i can feel that my body is tired. I could NOT sleep AT ALL on the thursday night, Friday night i got about 3 hours so i decided to take the weekend off to sleep. I slept like a log. It was a save!
    Monday (yesterday) i was wide awak all day again, but had a good nights sleep, probably about 6 hours, normally i would sleep for 8. But it was good, i felt fine. Last night, again had no problem sleeping.

What i've experienced with feeling sick:
    I have been pretty good, each day i have taken D, i've just felt a little bit of nausea. Nothing too bad, i havnt felt the need to throw up. Must be something like morning sickness... BUT what i realised helps is WATER! i think the symptoms/ side effects feel worse if your not drinking enough water. I also realised, one of the days i didnt eat becuase you just dont want to...i felt more sick. So now i am making sure i have a piece of toast every morning with a BIG glass of water and the tablet/pill. Today i feel normal.
    The other thing i have felt is hot flushes. My face seems to burn up every now and then like i have a temperature and i get hot. So i take of a layer, drink my water and carry on. hmm...maybe i am coming down with a cold? But i dont feel crap.

What i think so far:
    I think its working fine, it is a strong drug and there will 100% be some effect to the body. BUT as long as you drink lots of water, still eat even though you dont feel like it, you feel much better. I am now eating a piece of toast in the morning, an apple some time during the day, vita weets with tomato for lunch and a protein/opti fast shake for dinner.
    I also realised, when i start to get a little to fast paced for the world...i drink a camomile tea. Helps.

So, i havnt weighed myself. Not sure if i will until i go back to see the doc in a month. I am going by the way my cloths feel and look. Though...i may cheat and weigh myself in another week - at my 2 week point. I am struggling with the motivation to work out, but am still making it at least 2 times a week. Hoping to push that to 4 days a week. I will continue to post my experience for everyone else who freaked out at the negative posts. At the moment, it seems i was scared for nothing.

Hope that helps. Please ask me anything, i am happy to reply and share my experience.
    Good luck to all.

2. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Today is day 5 on D and day 7 since the first dose.
    Feeling fine, have been sleeping much better, actually get about 7 hours sleep. Woke up this morning, went to the gym.
    The only symptom or issue i am having is...i constantly feel nausea. Its nothing too bad, it doesnt stop me from doing anything but its always there. Not hungry at all but still eating. breakfast & lunch. Drinking lots of water and herbal teas.
    So far so good. I think the water realllly helps. My mouth is so dry anymore either.
    Seems ok. Still havnt weighed myself, might measure tonight.

3. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Day 6.
    Had a normal nights sleep, slept at 10, woke up at 5am, went to the gym for an hour and then work.
    Had an optifast for breaky as i will be having a big lunch. Not hungry at the moment...
    Dont feel any nausea today, nice feeling. Drinking my water, i seem to be averaging about 2L a day - this includes water and herbal teas.
    I have more energy than normal which is great, but all the jittery feeling and restlesness has gone. Dont feel like my mind is speeding past me.
    I havnt weighed or measured myself yet. Aim is to do this tonight!
    So i started at 75Kg 8 days ago. My cloths dont feel like they fit any different.

Only one little thing i have realised...i havnt been able to go to do number 2's for 4 days now... Must be the lack of fibre in the diet. This morning i had a few prunes and have got benefibre in my water. I might start to have wheatbix for breaky instead of the normal toast.

So far im ok...

4. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

I realised i never wrote down my goals...
    So here it is.
    Starting weight: 75kg
    Goal weight: 60kg - Need to lose 15kg.
    Have a 2 month prescription, so my aim is to lose 1.8kg a week.
    Alternative goal: be able to wear size 10 jeans with no love handles bulging over and a tight singlet showing off a 10-12 curve and no rolls!
    Realistic Goal: lose 2.5kg a month in a healthy way, give myself 6 months to lose and tone.

5. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Day 7: Not too happy today... Yesterday had a work lunch thing...felt obligated to eat some pizza like everyone else. Had 2 slices even though i wasnt hungry at all. I dont know why i continued to eat. Then got home and my husband made t bone steak with chips and gravy. Again i wasnt hungry and feeling guilty from lunch i just wanted to have a protein shake. BUT he prepared my plate and i just ate it becoz it was there.
    Felt crap again! ALSO...yesterday was an extremely busy day at work, i hardly drank any water, maybe 600ml. Last night i woke up at 2:30am feeling like my head was about to explode, had a VERY bad headache, took some pain killers went to sleep. I've still got a slight headache...DRINKING LOTS OF WATER TODAY. Dont know what exactly it was but...this morning unlike every other morning i am wide awake at 5, i couldnt get up. I was sooooo tired and dead to the world, i struggled to get out of bed at 7am!
    So this morning had a slice of toast, dont feel hungry at all, but a little light headed, hot in the face, no nausea. Got a friends lunch again...am hoping they have something healthy! Tonight i have my mums bday dinner...food food food. I've realised my life and a lot of things in it revolve around food! Duromine has made me so aware of this becuase even when i am not hungry, something comes up and its got to do with food - i just eat bcoz its there or becoz thats what everyone is doing...
    Didnt go to the gym either, so today i am not really happy.
    just need to soldier on. next week, ill be at the gym at least 5 days out of 7. in the past 9 days, only been 5 times.
    Hope everyone else is doing ok. Next post will be on Monday - hopefully with a more positive look on things:)

6. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Back after an eventful weekend.
    Never made it to the gym Friday night as we had dinner...I ate 1 bread role and one tenderlion. The buttered up mash looked great but i was keen not to eat it!
    Saturday morning consisted of 2 toasts with phili and some cheese, lunch was a vanilla slice...and dinner was curry. Couldnt stomach much becoz i had a reallllllllly bad headache. Sunday had 3 small crossaints and nothing else. Lunch a i had a chicken wrap and dinner 1 slice of pizza.
    i can definately tell that my stomach has shrunk.

I didnt take any Duromine on sat or sunday.

So back on them today, which would be day 8 of taking them. Feeling ok. Back to the gym this week. I felt my pants a little less tight this morning, so thats good.
    Will keep posting later.

7. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Day11: Havnt been able to update the past few days, been extremeley busy at work!
    So Monday i never made it to the gym, i had the energy but my hubby was too tired and kinda dragged me into that lazy state... its really difficult to find that motivation when you have someone else completey NOT motivated. I guess i need to have a more stronger will power.
    So, Tuesday morning went to the Gym at 5am, did about 40min workout (cardio) had 3 wheet bix for breaky, a blueberry muffin for lunch and 2 pieces of toast which olive dip for dinner. A busy days full of bad food.
    Wednesday morning back at the gym at 5, another 40min workout. had 2 wheet bix for breaky, 2 min noodles for lunch and a small handful of chicken stroganof with rice for dinner. Another busy day with bad food.
    This morning, slept in, had 2 wheet bix. Lunch i am going out to the pub...which would probably be a bad meal, well i hope i dont get sucked in. might get the healthiest option. Dinner, not sure yet.

The side effects feel like they are getting less and less. My dry mouth isnt so bad anymore, still drinking lots of herbal tea and water. I dont have much of an apetite but i am still struggling with the desire for food. Its odd.

I still havnt weighed or measured myself. I think i have now realised why...I am so scared that i will jump on the scales and see NO CHANGE. Reading everyone elses posst, its so exciting. I really want to lose the weight, im scared i wont lose anything. I dont feel lighter. My cloths dont feel that much different, my pants felt a little more compfy the other day, but i think it was becuase i had worn them alread and stretched them. I asked my mum if i looked any different (she doesnt know i have been dieting or working out) and she said no, nothing. aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, even my husband who usually notices immediately hasnt said anything :(

feeling pretty blue really. If i jump on the scales and there is not weight loss, ill be devastated. So i thin, jump on maybe u have lost weight, but then im too scared. eeeeeeeww!!!!

Another thought...Even though i havnt been eating the best way, healthiest way...my portions have droppped dramatically. Probabaly a quarter of what i used to eat and I'm working out, so why after nearly 2+ weeks am i not seeing anything!!! Why isnt anyone seeing anything :(

8. Cori-Lee

Cori-Lee New Member
    Registered

Hey JM...
    Maybe your building Muscle? and Muscle weighs more than fat doesnt it?
    You could always measure yourself as well? Sometimes you lose inches/cm and you dont realise?

9. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Not sure, am doing mainly cardio, maybe once a week ill do light weights. Really dont want to build any muscle as i am already that build (childhood extreme sporting).
    I might take the plunge and measure myself today!

10. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi JM

I can totally relate to what you say about the desire for food. Since starting D I have realised that the amount of time I spend actually thinking about food is ridiculous!! I am not hungry at all yet also catch myself wanting to eat the wrong things. I really do believe that a person has to make a mental shift and not eat for flavor. I find thats what happens i chase after that "nice" , half the time i cant even place my finger on what exactly i want to eat.

I have decided to start measuring everything up. Do I want that bread or be able to feel confident in a swimsuit??? Nothings tastes as good as skinny feels!!!
    Best of luck, i weighed in yesterday am down 1.5kgs was hoping for more but decided to see it as 3 tubs of butter off my body, which rocks!!

11. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hey Kyra, Oh im glad someone lese feels the same way. I love what you are doing, 3 slices of pizza and be fat or 1 slice and look good in a tight top over skinny jeans with no muffin top??? LOVE.
    I'll try to kep that in mind...though things are not going to well for me atm, will post and update.
    Good luck Kyra, hope you dont lose track of your goal and achieve what you want soon.

12. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Just wrote a long bloody post and deleted it by accident!
    aarrgghhhhh.....
    To sum it up, its day 16, i have not been to the gym in 5 days, have been eating anything and everything! Feeling so CRAP about everything. Work is busy but i like that, running really low on fuel becoz i certain ppl around me, who, though hate is a strong word, i really do HATE. Sadly they are always going to be there as they linked to the 1 person i love!

Been feeling terribly blue for a while. No weight loss, no size loss. I have lost all motivation and desire. I want to be thin and hot but why???
    i want that strive back, i dont know where and how to get it back.
    Just SAD.

13. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi Justme
    I am not sure if I can motivate you or at least give you a few positive words to think about. Take a pen and notebook and write down 10 things (anything in your mind) that you are thankful for. Try to do this within 5 minutes without putting it in any order but just write it down as if you can really feel the true hapiness and thankfullness that you have these 10 things in live. After you have written it down look at it again and ask yourself why shoud you be unhappy or sad if you have so many things to be gateful for. Then you weight yourself and believe in yourself that you have lost weight. If you don't believe in yourself nobody else will. I do this regular and it help me to stay positive and be thankful for the good in my live. Surely we have more positive things to focus on and the negative things will less significant. I do this regular and it help me to stay possitive in life. Good luck and always remember you are doing this for youself in the first place and you need to motivate yourself. Cut out a picture of a slim model and put it on the fridge. Look at it every day and tell yourselve "that's me in 6 months"

14. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hey Maureen, Thank you.
    I did what you said, its true, there are so many beuatiful things in my life to be positive about. Even knowing all this, i cant undertand why we fall into such a sad place so fast over just ONE negative.
    I am going to surround myself, at home and work with the 10 things that make me happy, photos and items which will help me remember.
    I'm going to also print out some lovely pictures of inspirational women and stick them on the fridge and pantry door!
    Could losing weight alos me a mental thing? As you said, if i dont think i am losing weight could i mentally be restricting my physical body from shedding the weight? I'm going to try harder, starting right now.

On a more positive note, i am feeling a little better today, though the day has just strated...ahhhh negative again! ok. I will make this day ok.
    Last night, even though i wasnt told i was looking thin, a friend i hadnt seen in 3 weeks said i had a really nice glow, there was something really beautiful with me. I think that may have just helped get me out of bed and to the gym this morning. I did it. One step at a time.
    Thank you again.

15. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi JustMe
    I am glad that I made a positve effort and replied to your post yesterday. Saterday is weight in for me. It was my colleage's birthday today and all the snacks and cold meat platters at work, I overdone a bit, but I did not have dinner. Tommorow its back to normal. Good luck and keep well<3

16. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

No gym, no diet... today.
    everything feels too difficult at the moment.
    The most dangerous people in the world, i have come to finally realise are those that are jelous of you and those that lie. These people will do whatever they can to bring you down. I cant even bear to call such existing things, people, they are far from anything humane.
    Sorry all, its meant to be an inspirational page isnt it :(

17. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

ok...So after a negative few days or weeks, this mornign i have woken up with a very sore head...i must have been hitting my head on a brick wall in my dream or something. BUT for some reason, even though my head feels like i have hit it, i feel much better.
    Friday and Saturday were horrible days, i think i cried thru the entire 2 days and sunday morning was also a little bit teary. I didnt hold back, i thought, ive got to get alllll the crying done. SO...it seems as though i might be done.
    Monday, back at work, feeling more positive, got my awesome new boots on and i just had an amazing breakfast. 2 small pieces of olive bread, grilled mushroom and tomatoe, avocado, spinach and a tiny bit of cottage cheese. Feeli very full but good, needed that change from the usual boring wheat bix.
    So, i may not have lost a lot of weight but, even though i cant see it, it seems that people are noticing something. I've now had a few comments about looking very fresh and vibrant. Maybe its all the herbal teas and water, but whatever it is, there is something going on.
    I am starting to realise, i feel full after a small meal, dont feel like snaking at all anymore. I am still eating my 3 meals a day but instead of that massssssssive plate or two, i am having the amount of a small side plate and i am feeling sick afterwards from over eating. I think, once i finish the duromine, instead of starving myself on it and then eating a lot once i come off, ill continue to eat the small portions i have been. Its been nmore a lifestyle change rather than a dramatic KG drop. In the long term, i wont put all that kg back on and more.
    As for the gym, been slack. I went once last week and havnt been since. Though i am determined to get back into it. I need to keep my mind active to overcome falling back into that negative mind set.
    It doesnt feel like the D is affecting my sleep anymore. I take the tablet at 7am and by 10pm i am sleeeeeepppppyyyy and i m out of this world when i am asleep. The only thing i find, which i think is FANTASTIC is, its a lot easier getting out of bed in the mornings.

So day 22 - back on track! ive got just oveer a months supply.

18. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Howdy all...aaahhhhhh......
    Finally i am feeling more like ME again! WAW, its been a very dark negative sad few weeks. I am so glad that i got thru it, and though it will still linger there for a while, i am ok with that.
    OK! Lets get back into explainng the POSITIVE experiences whilst taking Duromine after reading so many Negative threads on other sites...

I have just taken my last tablet for the month 1. AND i have seen side effects along the way. Feeling light headed, full of energy, nausea, sleep deprivation...
    BUT i can now say...none of them exist anymore.

I am not very hungry, which has been great becuase those afternoon snack (choc's and chips) or the late night ice cream craving is alll out the window. I cant remeber the last time i was craving chocolate...actually when i ate it? im sure if i read back i will find out :)
    My portion sizes have dropped! i still eat breakfast, lunch and dinner as i dont want to go into starvation mode whilst on D and then start eating and puttttttinnnggg allll the weight and more back on once i stop.
    Breakfast is usually, 2 wheat bix with honey and light milk. Lunch vita wheats with cheese, avocado and tomato (unless we have a work lunch at the pub...club sandwich and chips) and dinner is a small plate/bowl of whatever. Usually i would have had 2 chesse and tomoto toasties for breaky - so 4 slices of white bread. Lunch would be last night leftovers, full lunch box and dinner would be a BIG serve with usually extras...On top of this, lots of snack in between, a bicky or two, chocolate, chips, cheese, fruit...waw!

I never weighed myself or measured... I can now see why. I kept saying i would tonight or tomorrow, but i kept putting it off. I never made the effort becuase i was SOOOOOOO obsessed that if i didnt see any change i would feel pissed off and wonder "why bother." I was scared. BUT im not anymore! I have been thru so much shit in the last month, if i can get past that and still stay on D and still stick to the small portions and healthy eating, still try to go to the gym, even if it was 1 day of the week, i can definately jump on that scale!

before i go on...Though i havnt weighed myself, measured myself or had any comments from people who may have realised... AND though my pants waistline feel little to hardly any different, i have finally realised one thing. My body shape is, well not too sure. I have a large bust, a tummy, love handles, small bum compared and smaller legs compared, however VERY muscle packed kegs as i did martial arts for YEARSSSSSSS.... thats the only thing thats stuck. I always lose my bum and legs first, then the rest. So today i put on my work pants i hadnt worn for about 2 months. Though the waist fits the same, i had trouble finding my arse! ahahahahaha
    not a pretty look i can assure you, but funnily eough i am happy. The leg part also feels very loose. I need a size 10 for my bum and legs, but still and 12-14 for my waist!!!!!

I also realised, my tummy, love handle flab is still the same, the section between that fat and under my breast has gone down. my cloths dont sit straight from my bust to tummy anymore, they actually curve in mid way...YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY....

So, even though i may not see a weight loss or little if i do, i can definately see cm loss. SO, tonight...actually i think i have a tape measure in my car, RIGHT NOW, i am, YES i am going to measure myself to start MONTH 2 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE, if i can do this, after sooooo much crap, and trust me, this will be the end of it that i mention, but guys really...it was BAD, very bad. For me to be here and feeling better and still going at it, you all can do it. No matter what, keep posting, keep reading, everyones success is and inspiration. Sometimes its a little win, sometimes a big win and sometimes a no win, but pick yourself up and try again, in the end you will WIN.

ok, off to my car, lets get this done!
    Back in a bit for a measurement post!!!

19. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Here it goes:
    Chest/bust: 41inch, 104cm
    Waist: 36inch, 92cm
    Hips/love handles: 40inch, 101.5cm
    Bottom: 42inch, 107cm
    Thigh: 23.5inch, 50cm
    Calf: 16.5inch, 42cm

Will upload weekly - Month 2 but a new start begins.

20. JustMe

JustMe New Member
    Registered

Hey All,
    So, started month 2 today. When i finished month 1, i was tooo flat out to go and get month 2. Lost 4 days, nevermind.
    Mood is up again, feeling more positive than i did for a while there.
    EATING: waw, when i was off for the 4 days, i really noticed that change. I didnt snack at all! even off D, so happy. Didnt feel realllly hungry like i used to and when i ate, i couldnt even finish my small bowl or plate. It seems that sticking to the 3 meals daily, just cutting down has definately been the best thing to do.
    Excercising: Still not back at the gym. I think its the cold weather putting me off. FREEZING! i'll set my alarm back on early so i can get up and go for a work out. Fingers crossed ill do it for the next month and then get used to it.
    This monring had 2 bits of toast, no snacks, not hungry but drinking lots of water. For lunch i have small serve of rice and chicken. AND...dinner will be very light.

really want to get to the gym tomorrow morning.
    will upload measurements on Friday.

Aside from that, put on my work pants...waist still the same, but the thigh and calf area...looking pretty baggy, which isnt a good look in these supposed tight pants. Tight waist, saggy bum, loose legs...ugly!