Positive Duromine Experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by likeaboss, Sep 26, 2013.

1. likeaboss

likeaboss New Member
    Registered

After reading all the horror stories regarding this medication on the internet I was really scared to take it!! I just wanted to let everyone out there know, that we will all have a different reaction to this medication and that if you are thinking of taking it, go into it with a positive attitude. Some of the stories I have read...makes me wonder whether people are just over-thinking how their body is feeling and blames Duromine for it.

Anyway...I am a few days away from week 2 of taking this medication (30mg). The first day I was a bit fuzzy in the head (only lasted a few hours) and then had difficulty sleeping the first night. Was thirsty and had a headache. By day 2 felt considerably better. No side effects aside from dry mouth. Slept okay that night. Day 3 was really good. Slept fine but still had the dry mouth. Since Day 3 the only side effects I have experienced are dry mouth (which is every day) and every now and again an awareness of my heart beating in my chest. My sleep is back to normal, I don't feel "speedy" and haven't experienced any mood swings. In fact, I feel that Duromine has had a calming effect on my mood. I find that I do get hungry every now and again on Duromine but that doesn't bother me because I get full REALLY quickly and do not crave bad foods. My portion sizes have decreased dramatically. I continue to exercise almost every day and run most days for at least 30 minutes. I notice on Duromine my heart rate is faster when running but it is not uncomfortable. Duromine does make me sweat like a pig tho when I run so I make sure I stay well hydrated!! ;)

So while there are some horror stories out there I believe that everyone is different and going into this with a positive mindset will greatly change your experience of this medication. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow but so far I am down 3.6kg and feeling really positive about my journey so far.

Bonnie likes this.
  2. likeaboss

likeaboss New Member
    Registered

So after weighing in for week 2 I have lost another 600g. This takes my weight loss to 4.2kg in two weeks! YEW! Aiming for another 2kgs this week. Stepping up my exercise, going to be strict with my food and I'm sure I will see the results. Best thing is...I am under 80kg for the first time since the beginning of the year! YAY! Thing I love about this medication is that I KNOW it is only for short term use. So in MY head I know I really only have one chance at making this work. I know my GP will not prescribe it to me after my second month...don't even think I could push him to a 3rd month...so in my mind I have no time to mess around! This has been a huge motivating factor for me!! I will keep you updated on week 3s weigh in this Friday!

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Great! Make sure you continue this regime after you finish the pills. Because you know you have to keep the weight stable and it's not that easy without pills for many people. Good luck!