Please share SW, CW, GW and experience. Love to hear.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by nadiafarhat, Jul 16, 2014.

1. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

Im nadia and am a first time mum. Started duromine 14th july 2014 at
    SW 72kg
    GW 56kg
    Have not measured myself yet but will this morning.

I gained alot of weight due to being on anti depressants (got post natal depression after baby). Tried to lose weight by exercising and eating healthy but couldnt control severe cravings (depressant tabs side affect).

Please share your numbers and your experiences with me..id love to hear them all.
    good luck to u all.

Lara likes this.
  2. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

3. HotFizz

HotFizz Member
    Registered

Hallo Nadia

I am also first time mum, i had my baby 6 months ago i gained lots of weight during pregnancy that wasnt normal at all, but i also suffer from PCOS i was lucky enough to gave my little joy. I ve been through a lot of things in life, and when iam stressed and depressed my weight keeps going up. I recently visited a Endocrinologist, she tolled me after giving birth the Pcos gets worse and it really hard to lose weigh and of course i cant eat any carbs because my body doesnt know how to process carbs the right way. My gp suggested Duromine , i lost 6 kg so far iam already 3 weeks on Duromine dont have any side effects only dry mouth, just remember you gotta eat healthy this isnt a magic pill and if you dont eat it can effect your body really badly so you gotta use it the right way.

Since i ve been on it i dont have any sweet cravings at all, sometimes i would have special k biscuit with coffee, i have my breakfast every morning , oats yugurt banana - sometimes cereal or eggs.i take Duromine early in the morning at 5 am, so that i can sleep even thou i dont get much sleep my little one keeps me going. Lol. I have Lunch i take Optislim shake or salad with tuna i gotta eat all the leafy stuff veggies salad and lean meat , gotta cut my carbs. Mostly at Dinner time i dont feel as hungry i have Slimshake or soupe gotta eat something , you dont want to starve your body. Sometimes i feel hungry at times , but i dont eat as much i drink lots of water anyways you will because you will have dry mouth water water all the time. Lol. So far iam doing okay, iam on Duromine 30 , i will visit my gp in about 1 -2 weeks to see if iam going to stay on 30 or increase to 40 mg, i have lots of weight to lose.

Start weight :95
    Current : 89
    Goal : 65

Good Luck ;)

#3 HotFizz, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  4. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi there. I am 46 (yikes!) I am married and we have 3 kids. A son - J 23, a daughter - T 19 and another son - Z 16. We live in Victoria, Australia. I am 170 cm tall and all my other stats are in my signature.
    Edit: just realized you can't see signature in mobile site. Soooo....
    SW 117 kg
    CW 107.6 kg
    Total loss 9.4 kg in 4 weeks.
    Goal 65 kg

5. SweetTeddie

SweetTeddie Active Member
    Registered

Hi Nadia.
    I have never been a mommy so wouldn't really know about the extra weight gain during pregnancy but I can share a bit of my story as well.

I am 24 and at my heaviest I weighed 146.8kg - shocking I know lost a few kg's and I started on Duromine on 19/05/2014 and weighed in at 138.9kg. It's has been 8 weeks later and I have gone down to 119.5kg (Total Loss of 19.4kg and 58cm all round)

Still a long way to go before my goal of 75Kg but I work at it every day.

Good Luck with your journey. Post a few blogs so you can keep us all updated on your weight loss.

SW 138.9
    CW 119.5
    GW 75.
    TL 19.5
    Total to Go 44.5

kazzbah and nadiafarhat like this.
  6. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

7. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

First of all congratulations on ur little bundle of joy !! And congratulations on losing 6kg keep at it hun ! Ur doing great.

yes I eat 4 small meals throughout the day plus I go gym 40 mins everyday. Oh and I have a 10month old little girl that keeps me verrrrrry busy lol.
    thanks 4 ur post all the best.

8. Annel

Annel New Member
    Registered

Hi Nadia,
    SW 80kg
    GW 60kg
    Length: 1.65
    I started on Sunday morning forgot to measure myself well it is never to late to do so.
    I can see my stomach is not so big any more.
    I'm eating healthy but don't exercise yet must make a serious plan regarding that.

nadiafarhat likes this.
  9. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

WOW almost 10 kilos in just 4 weeks well done babe !!!!
    thanks so much for replying too.
    would u mind telling me how u lost the weight in that amount of time as i think im doing everything properly so far....

10. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

Firstly thank you for sharing your story with me and damnnnnnnnnnn!! almost 20kg lost !! good on you !! you go women !!
    Keep up the amazing work hun.
    Thank you, yes thats actually a good idea. I'm new to this forum so will have to figure out how and what a blog is first lol

SweetTeddie likes this.
  11. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

How I lost...... To start with, I have a LOT to lose. I think, it is harder to have big losses if you don't have a lot to lose. Also. I had a huge loss the first week. I think my body was in shock. The last few weeks have been about 1-2 kg losses. I'm on 30mg Duromine and eating about 1000 calories a day. I have Lite'n'easy for breakfast and lunch. I put it all in a lunch box and that is my food for the day. Then for dinner I have a VERY small serve of whatever I am serving up the rest of the family (about 1/4 of what I would normally eat) on a small side plate. The D makes me feel full. Sometimes I forget to eat lunch. Check out my blog.
    Smick's blog

#11 Smick, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
    nadiafarhat likes this.
  12. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

Yes i realize in the first week you did have a big loss...but remember, it's also water weight in the first week. Or half of it is at least.
    You should still be proud of your 1-2 kg losses per week as they have made up the whole 10 kg you have lost.
    oik will do thanks again hun xx

#12 nadiafarhat, Jul 16, 2014
  13. Chrissie70

Chrissie70 New Member
    Registered

Hi Nadia, thanks for creating such a good positive thread. I am new to this forum. I haven't even started yet but am looking forward to posting and reading some success stories :)

PS - how do I post one of the scales Smick has happening at the bottom of her post. They look pretty good :)
    SW:80kg
    CW:80kg
    GW:65kg

nadiafarhat likes this.
  14. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

#14 Smick, Jul 16, 2014
    nadiafarhat likes this.
  15. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

hey
    Hey Hun, your most welcome ! im glad you like it. Well im also new to this so have absolutely no idea how to post that scale thingy lol but id like to know. Might ask her.
    Make a blog for yourself..i just did..feels like a diary entry to the public..

good luck on your journey by the way when do u plan on starting duromine and how many mg?

16. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

#16 nadiafarhat, Jul 16, 2014
  17. Chrissie70

Chrissie70 New Member
    Registered

My journey starts on Monday. My husband works away and is home this weekend, I wanted him to be home when I started... Just so that everything is ok. I have the 30mg script for a month and the doc will review after that. I am all for the blogging idea when I start. At the moment I am in serious 'prep' mode ha ha

nadiafarhat likes this.
  18. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

For your 'prep' you should make sure you read some of the blogs. especially the first weeks of people's journeys.
    I did and it helped me heaps. Lip balm was one thing I made sure I had because the dry mouth was a killer. I even had a throat lozenge one night. Everyone is different and I picked up a lot of tips and was prepared for what was to come.

19. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Nadia, I'm Kate nice to meet you:)
    Looks like you've already found new friends)) Thank you for so many positive words!
    I hope you will find your weight loss journey much easier here with us. You see, all of us are in the same boat (present or past) and we are ready to support / help you. You can ask any questions, I will gladly answer and share everything I know.
    Good luck in the first days!:D

#19 Kate, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    nadiafarhat likes this.
  20. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

Hi Nadia, I'm Liz. I am 31, married with a 4yr old son & 2yr old daughter. I have struggled ever since having my son to lose weight. I too got Pnd & still take medication for it. I am very active, go to the gym at least 4x pw but had such bad sugar cravings and never felt satisfied. My husband works away so I would eat of boredom at night etc.
    I have been taking D for 6days.
    SW 78
    GW 60
    CW 75
    Good luck with your journey :)

nadiafarhat likes this.