Personal Trainers?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by JacquiRose, Nov 4, 2013.

1. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Ok so this isn't about Duromine as such but it's about weight loss which is the desired end result for us all right?

Are personal trainers worth it? I had a free session today and I'm dead! Half hour of working out and an hour of just talking and finding goals. After this if I want to continue its $40 a session and a min of 2 sessions a week, on and 8 session plan kinda thing and he'll throw in 2 free sessions if I make my mind up today... So, what's your opinion?

I'm super sore now from my workout today and that's good! I just don't know if it's worth it... But I don't think I could get the same workout results without the extra support...

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

My opinion - yes, personal trainer is good!
    I used to have personal trainer for about...a year and a half. This was the period of my major weight loss actually. So, it is a huge waste of money, but what I found is that I could never get the same results without my coach anymore. When you will find your individual plan, sessions will become shorter and you will not waste extra time for thinking what you should do today. Plus, I have noticed that I wasn't so much ashamed of my body and how I looked when I was making exercises.
    So, it depends on your finances. If you do have extra money for this, then yes - it's the perfect variant to make your body slimmer and toned. And your weight would come off faster, if your trainer gives you individual program. If you don't have extra money, then you should not even start, because a couple of sessions will not work and you will not see any progress. I had mine 3 times a week 40 minutes each (maximum+breaks to drink or to rest). After a year, he made it twice a week in the gym and 1 time in a group (I alternated - yoga, ABS, pilates).
    In general, I prefer personal trainer, since I have tried on my own - couldn't do the same, was bored and used to miss sessions. While the coach adds you discipline and you are not missing the sessions even if all your body is in pain.

ps. Hope I helped you! Good luck!

3. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Thanks Kate! I think I've already decided that it's a good thing to do.

Kate likes this.
  4. Melaniee

Melaniee New Member
    Registered

I'm planning on doing pt sessions aswell. Gives you someone to push yourself.

Kate likes this.
  5. Lotta

Lotta New Member
    Registered

How is the PT going JR? I've started with one concurrently with using Duromine to help lose weight more efficiently. I do an hour each session 3 x week and I've found it so beneficial for mood, clear skin and better sleep. I had one when I was pregnant with #3 and diagnosed with heat. Diabetes, she was amazing. It's expensive, but definitely not a waste. It's an investment in your long term health and well being x

Kate likes this.
  6. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I've been seeing my PT for a month and a half - 2 months... I must say that I LOVE it. I go twice a week for 30-45min each time but do around 20min warm up by myself. It is expensive but the results I'm getting are CRAZY!

When I started Duromine on my own in the first month I lost around 4 ish kg, very up and down. Then in the 2nd month of duromine I joined the new gym and basically got straight into the PT. I've gone from 98kg at the start of Duromine (102kg before the duromine) to 89kg. So I've lost twice as much with the PT than I was without.

I would definently agree that it's better for your skin and moods! I feel so motivated and just happy in general! I can feel that I have a higher endurance for example in the first session my PT made me do 10 push-ups, I fell on my face 3 times, I could only just do 4 in a row... Now I can do 15 in a row!

Now the gym is my 'me place' and not a chore! I go there to use up my emotions and excess energy. Defs changed my outlook on working out :)

Kyles and Kate like this.
  7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Exactly the same feelings I had when was training with my PT! The energy, surprising endurance, motivation, discipline and simply feeling that my body is wasting the calories faster! I'm happy for you, JR!:)

JacquiRose likes this.