Peaks and troughs with Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Why, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Why

Why New Member
    Registered

I have noticed that lots of people are still in the first few weeks or days of Duromine but wanted to ask if anyone has had more long term experience.

I took two courses (2 months worth) late last year and lost 10 kgs with virtually no physical effort. There were though all the common symptoms that everyone here is discussing including dry mouth, major sleep problems for the first few days and increased irritability ( and a few more weird ones like changes in urinary frequency and sensation :confused:)

Something I think I should share though is that there were definite reductions in effect over time for me. Whilst I started shedding weight very fast at the beginning, by the end of the 8 weeks it was not moving at all, despite having the same other effects (irritability, loss of appetite etc...).

I can only assume that my metabolism had adjusted to the new intake level and so it wasn't having the appropriate effect. I don't doubt that I would have probably kept reducing weight if I had kept up a dedicated exercise regime but that didn't happen.

My question now though, five months later is that I still need to lose another 10kg to get to a healthy weight level and I have a script for two more courses but unfortunately I cant find any information on whether I can do another Course of Duromine or not?

And my GP was also unsure.

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on how many courses you can take or how close together you can take them?

2. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi, I am no expert but I have done A LOT of research into Duromine as I was thinking about starting it (I am now only on my second day on Duromine) but from what I have read and from what my Doc told me was it is OK to start and stop but don't take Duromine for a prolong period of time, say... for over 3 months. Because it is no good for your body to be on it for long periods. But if you have only taken it once before I see no reason for taking another course, unless you get really bad side effects :eek:

Also, try to WALK not run for at least 30mins a day and if you really want to drop the weight fast try only eating lean protein and vegies ;) As I said... I am no expert but I lost 15kgs in 12 weeks by living on eggs, rump steak, chicken and veggies and walking 5 days a week. But that diet is pretty expansive and time consuming. I would do that diet again but I have 3 kids to look after now and no time as my wife and I work full-time with no help from babysitters.

Just my two cents worth... good luck mate :D

3. ann

ann New Member
    Registered

Hello
    You can find info on the internet where they recommend not to use Duromine for more than 12 weeks because of addiction possibility and to keep about 6months between the courses. On the leaflet, which comes with the tablets there is no mention of this, just info it should be strictly decided by your doctor for how long to take it and what dose to take it.

I didn't know about Duromine until my family doctor prescribe it to me. Before she decided to prescribe it, she sent me to do all sorts of different and detailed tests, including checking my heart condition.
    Afterwards, I was told my weight loss program is going to take 6 months. I have to visit my doctor every month to check the progress and my health.
    Everyone is different and I think you need a doctor who knows what he/she is doing while prescribing you the tablets, otherwise don't take the tablets for longer then the 12 weeks.
    Greetings :)

4. JustJessie

JustJessie New Member
    Registered

Hi,

I took Duromine from Oct 10 - Feb 11 and now im back on it again.

All up in three months I lost 20kg, I had no side effects, lack or sleep etc. I felt as though my body was use to them. When I was first on them losing weight was a breeze but towards the end I really had to push my exercising to drop the numbers.

Some tough bits for me were I use to be a smoker and this time and last time...all I feel like doing is smoking. Its weird. I have to ignore the feeling but still its annoying.

When I was on my first course I ate little at all I think in the first week I ate one meal. After that I made myself eat.

Today I took my first tablet of my second course and I feel like they are working again but I know next week I wont feel any different. It wasnt till I was off them for about a month that my appetite came back and I realised the effect that Duromine was having on me. No wonder I lost so much weight.