One month down mixed results

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by BeachBum, May 22, 2013.

1. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Hi guys firstly only side effect I have now is a dry mouth sometimes. Some craving are returning have been able to resist so far but getting harder. Also have been struggling to exercise which I am sure is an important process when using duromine and trying to lose weight. I have managed to at least get to pool 3-4 times a week but that is waking at 5am to fit in yuck. Especially hard as winter is almost here and it's dark and cold. Still each week I have lost something I now only have one months supply left of 30mg I am sure doctor will want me to have a break after this as they are apparently addictive. With the return of craving I do wonder if it is possible to get higher doses. I have to say though as a terrible after dinner snacked normally chocolate or lollies of some kind this seems to have completely stopped with duromine.

STARTING WEIGHT - 120.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 1 - 113.7kgs lost 6.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 2 - 113.5kgs lost 0.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 3 - 111.0kgs lost 2.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 4 - 110.6kgs lost 0.4kgs

A LOSS OF 9.6kgs in a month would love to do that for 2.5 more months. Aim is 90-93kgs

Tasnim likes this.
  2. Ners

Ners New Member
    Registered

9.6kg is amazing!! You can tell your gp that cravings are starting to come back and ask for the 40mg, he should give it you. I'm starting on 30mg, next month will be 40mg and then the last month ill be on 15mg to get used to life without duromine.

9.6!!! So happy for you :)

BeachBum likes this.
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Beach Bum you have great results, congrats!:)
    I agree with Ners, you may ask for a larger dose, but for the snacks I recommend you some raisins or nuts, yogurt maybe. Normally these would stop my cravings, so may help you too.
    Happy for you girl!

BeachBum likes this.
  4. BeachBum

BeachBum New Member
    Registered

Thanks Ners and Kate I am hoping to stay on Duromine but I am sure my doctor will not let me do a third month straight but fingers crossed.
    So only have 3 weeks left of prescription dreading coming off duromine as it really has helped control my eating. I have managed to still avoid cravings which is great and trying hard to step up exercise not a fan of this cold dark weather though.

Anyway another great result this week a loss of exactly 1kg so that's now 10.6kgs in 5 weeks so happy with that result. I am finding this so much easier than every other diet I have ever tried and that's a lot of them. Still only really a dry mouth as a side effect which only makes it easier to drink water so I think it's a great side effect.

Going to really go harder in next three weeks in case doc takes me off duromine but still have fingers crossed that she may up it to 40g and let me attempt to lose that last 20kgs.
    Good luck guys stick with it as duromine really does work.

TARTING WEIGHT - 120.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 1 - 113.7kgs lost 6.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 2 - 113.5kgs lost 0.2kgs
    AFTER WEEK 3 - 111.0kgs lost 2.5kgs
    AFTER WEEK 4 - 110.6kgs lost 0.4kgs
    AFTER WEEK 5 - 109.6kgs lost 1.0kgs

Tasnim likes this.