On a Mission!!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sunnyside, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Sunnyside

Sunnyside New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys!

This is the first time ive ever used a blog, forum or thread thingy, yay, exciting!

Started duromine today although im not heavily obese i am overweight and have trouble getting it off. Want to share my hopes, dreams and goals with someone :)

So starting weight:70.5
    Height: 154cm (Very Short, probably look wider that my height lol)
    BMI: 29

Aim: According to BMI i should be 48kgs, pfft as if, id be happy with 55kgs

Why/What i am using as motivation: To cut a long story short my ex husband will be attending a wedding i am also going to in 10weeks! I want to look great, his the love of my life. Probably not going to work out but this has been the most motivated about weight loss i have ever been..

Diet: Specific Diet.. 4 Days Protein Foods Only, then after that incorperate steamed veg..

Day 1: Took at 9am, Very Very productive at work and have come home and cleaned the house! Not sure if i was hot today because of the heat or the duromine or having sugar withdrawals lol Oh well it wasnt bad..

Hopefully tomorrow is good too..

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Sunnyside! Welcome!
    It's the right place for sharing your hopes, dreams and goals, as you've said :)
    We're all here at the same boat, someone is a newbie, the others are pro))) Anyway, you got our support, tips and thoughts to make your journey fun and easy!

3. Sunnyside

Sunnyside New Member
    Registered

Day 2...

Again took at 9am (ive been doing this so i am around people in case any odd aide effects occur, to be safe till im sure)

So last night i feel like i only had 2 hours solid sleep and the rest i was kinda laying there deep in thought, mind racing, thinking about being skinny lol But got up and felt great and well rested anyway. Today was really good, didnt feel out of the norm at all. So hopefully im going to be a lucky one in regards to side effects!

I forgot my lunch at work, didnt want to buy bad stuff from the food truck so i ate a wheetbix for breaky and one for lunch, dinner i had steak and scrambled eggs lol Weird i know, but apparently its good for you :/

Been drinking heaps of water and finally getting used to it, i was a soft drink junky but havwnt touched it for a week now :)

Excersize is hard for me to find time so i spring cleaned the store room at work and stretched and squats against pantry while cooking dinner haha !

If anyone knows some good ideas dor excersize at home or office, especially ones for core strength id be very interested :)

Realised i dont have scales at home! So will get some over the weekend.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Sunnyside quote: "If anyone knows some good ideas dor excersize at home or office, especially ones for core strength id be very interested"

Oh, dear! You've inspired me... I have some home exercises come to my mind... a lot actually) ) )
    I'll check some easy ones and post you later, ok?
    If you don't mind:)

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Home Workout

Warm-up first

Some dancing will do (5 minutes is enough), side bends (hands on hips; 8 times each side); forward bends (spine is straight, arms stretched over the head; 4-8 times); turning side to side (hips to the right – arms to the left and vice versa); circular motions of the pelvis; lift leg, bent in knee (one by one, holding the knee with hands). Some circular motions of the neck. And finally bending from side to side just to warm up the blood. Ready to go!

1.Squats

Move your buttocks as far as possible back, hold the back straight!

(watch your knees are not further than the toes)

If it's hard to hold your back straight, do not sit too low

Remember squats train your quadriceps (front hip muscles)

Repeat 10-15 times (3 sets)

2.Abs

Twists can be done on yoga mat or any other. You might need some legs fixation, or you can do without it.

Lie down on the floor, bend your legs resting against the floor, hands behind the head (but do not pull your head with hands!), elbows aside and rise up. It's enough to rise your shoulder blades off the floor.

You gotta feel your upper abs this way. Make 15 times / 3 sets.

3.Lunge

This exercise reduces your hips and buttocks size. Take a step forward with one leg, not to far just to feel comfortable. Go down slowly, almost touch your knee to the floor. It takes good balance though, but you can do it.

Repeat 8-10 times (3 sets – 20 seconds rest each).

Hands on the hips or take some light dumbbells (1kg) if you have at home.

6. Sunnyside

Sunnyside New Member
    Registered

Thanks heaps Kate! Will definately do!

Day 3..

Wish i had scales to see my progress, ive weight myself at work and my parents both very old dodgy scales, one said 68 (2.5kg loss) and other said 69 (1.5kg loss) Tomorrow ill have the time to buy some digital good quality scales and track my progress..

As of tomorrow i can incorporate veggies into my diet! Very excited, was getting sick of eggs and meat lol..

Feeling: Again felt as though i layed in bed all night, mind racing... Definatley more alert and less lazy suring the day.. I feel great! Although my sister said i look run down in the eyes (Probably from lack of sleep, but i dont feel it!)

Also i think i am loosing weight or at least my body has changed. For example the skin on my upper arms is going a little looser and my stomach has turned jelly like rather than firm, kind of like after i gave birth when the skin was all loose and saggy.. Im hoping this is the start of results! Ive never had success in loosing weight so is this a sign? Or is it just a sign i havent got too much food in my belly??

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

"...Also i think i am loosing weight or at least my body has changed. For example the skin on my upper arms is going a little looser and my stomach has turned jelly like rather than firm, kind of like after i gave birth when the skin was all loose and saggy.. Im hoping this is the start of results! Ive never had success in loosing weight so is this a sign? Or is it just a sign i havent got too much food in my belly??"

Hello, darling!
    Yes, of course once you start your diet, your body starts changing too. It's good that you feel this! Not only our body system is forced to lose weight, but our mind is capable of stimulating any process in the body....oh my ) ) ) What I'm trying to say is that you should think that you are losing weight no matter what, and so your brains will send signals and you will be actually losing it.
    One thing helped me to get rid of excess volume in abdomen: fiber (I don't really remember, but I think I got some fiber+vitamin+fruit+nuts whatever.. complex from drugstore). I was taking 1 sp / glass of yogurt daily, sometimes 2 times/day. Good stuff I can tell you! Improves metabolism and works as a snack too. So recommend (if you love yogurt)
    Have a nice day and much success in weight loss!
    Kate

8. Sunnyside

Sunnyside New Member
    Registered

Okay just a quick update:

Side effects i think have gone! I have been sleeping and feeling normal which is great.

I weighed in over the weekend so on Day #4 i had lost 3.5kgs!!! So now down to 67kgs.. Hopefully i can continue to loose weight :) I have also been very good with eating healthy, exercising and drinking water xox

9. Sunnyside

Sunnyside New Member
    Registered

Okay just a quick update:

Side effects i think have gone! I have been sleeping and feeling normal which is great.

I weighed in over the weekend so on Day #4 i had lost 3.5kgs!!! So now down to 67kgs.. Hopefully i can continue to loose weight :) I have also been very good with eating healthy, exercising and drinking water xox

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well done! :)