On 15mg Duromine and lost 2.5kg in two weeks but only from starving myself.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Emma, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Emma

Emma New Member
    Registered

Hi
    Still starving an hour after taking the pill but using sheer determination not to eat and going back to the doctors to try up my dosage as i took 2 tabs on Saturday and wasnt hungry all day. No side effects, in fact tired alot. Was wondering if it speeds up your metabolism at all as i have been told it does???. Please help.:(

2. Mummy_of_2

Mummy_of_2 New Member
    Registered

Hi Emma, I just started taking duromine 40mgs on tuesday which was 4 days ago. I take it in the morning at 6.30 am. I havent slept for 4 days and currently feel like a zombie. I am not hungry at all and have no appetite for anything so i basically forget to eat or everything turns me off. It is meant to speed up your metabolism but only if you eat the 5-6 portions through out the day. So i am actually experiencing stomach cramps and constipation. Have you had any side effects good or bad? I envy those people that lose 5 kgs in a week! Wish that was me!!

3. Emma

Emma New Member
    Registered

Hi mum of 2
    Went to docs and he gave me 30mg.I was hoping to loose quick but isnt very realistic if your not extremely obese, I too have about twenty kilos to loose ( if I want look like I did when I was 18) but 17-20 kilos would be ideal. I have had a dry mouth and lips especially when im dragged to the gym by my daughter. i have had no problems sleeping even napping in the afternoon. My doc told me to eat breakfast (small amount like bowl of cereals and have a large lunch and small dinner, if you starve urself ur body thinks it isnt getting any energy and then stores fat instead of burning cos it goes into starve mode. 40mgs is a high dose and I dont think my doctor would even give me such a high dose. When I didnt eat i have to admit the effects were alot stronger almost feeling buzzy at times, try and force urself to eat and you may feel a bit different. Maybe i will have a different theory after taking the stronger ones, will keep u posted. My doctor also said a kilo a week is a good loss but it will slow down, personally i was hoping for a faster loss than that GOOD LUCK

4. Mummy_of_2

Mummy_of_2 New Member
    Registered

Hi there, thanx for the reply. Its crazy how much weight some ppl actually lose! How long has it been since you started? Im getting married in November and im desperate to lose this weight. Just looking at all my old pictures makes me depressed.. Let me no how you go on the 30mg and how you sleep. Im thinking maybe ive been given the wrong dose? Im only short in height and my bmi is just bordeline on 30-31. And these tablets arent cheap either so its not like im going to waste them to get a different dose. I dont know.. My head is buzzing cause of the lack of sleep. Good luck to you as well!! Hear from you soon!

5. Emma

Emma New Member
    Registered

deffinately diff on the 30 dont no how to sit still but no major changes except no appetite still no sleep lost but making an effort to eat i think yhat is the key . eat at least three snacks or small meals. getting hot flushes but i can live with that, playing lady gaga and dancing cant be a bad thing hahahaha. been on it third week and 2.5 kilos lost .first week not much during day but ate a normal dinner roast pork etc not now tho well see if i feel like this too much longer ill go back to 15mg. i think maybe slow and steady mite be the best way to go in the long run if u want to keep it off !!!!! I deffinately think too high too fast try 15 than go higher to 30 max

6. Mummy_of_2

Mummy_of_2 New Member
    Registered

If you dont mind me asking, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to lose? Its good to hear other peoples stories. 2.5 in 3 weeks is a great result so keep your head up!! I get the hot flushes as well but i guess thats also encouragement to drink water.. Eughhh i hate water but its my best friend now. lol.. See how you go for a couple days on the 30 and if your not happy with the side effects at least you can go down to the 15mgs.