Omg!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by RainbowBrite, Dec 23, 2011.

1. RainbowBrite

RainbowBrite New Member
    Registered

Today is day 4 of taking duromine. I haven't had the chance to weigh myself until today.. IVE LOST 5.5KGS!!!!!! I've been eating healthily but haven't really exercised except 30 mins of Pilates yesterday (which almost killed me lol) and a ton of cleaning ready for Christmas.. I'm so happy, I cant believe it!! I'm barely having any side effects apart from broken restless sleep, lots of energy and I'm sweating buckets. No dry mouth or anything but I'm drinking plenty of water anyway. I also downloaded my fitness pal on my iPhone to keep a food and exercise diary and I've also bought some meal replacement shakes to get into a routine I can keep when I eventually stop taking the duromine. I can't believe it's working so well. My starting weight is 103kg. I'm actually really enjoying all this energy, I've been able to get so much done and play with my little ones as well. How's everyone else going??

2. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

wow! well done RainbowBrite. That was such a nice thing to read as I have just started taking duromine today. Can I ask what kind of stuff you have been eating?

How long to you hope to be on the drug for?

Good luck on ur weight loss :)

3. RainbowBrite

RainbowBrite New Member
    Registered

Hi there :) I've been eating lots of fruit and veggies, an drinking plenty of water. I also take a multivitamin each morning. I've cut out a lot of red meat and I've found I'm not craving anything and I can't really eat a lot. I've also tried to walk every day.
    Ive found I've been sweating ALOT which is kind of scary because I don't have to be doing much at all. Good luck with your weight loss! How much are you wanting to lose??

4. Rani

Rani New Member
    Registered

Can you update us on how you are getting on please.

5. RainbowBrite

RainbowBrite New Member
    Registered

I lost a total of 25kgs all up. I managed to keep it off too! A year or two later, I'm struggling to lose the last of my weight (would like to be at 60) so am considering this journey again. I haven't found it too difficult to keep the weight off, the more I lost the better I felt and the more I wanted to move even without the duromine. I have kept counting calories and always stop before I eat, think about the correct portion size, eat slowly and have realised that I don't have to eat everything on my plate. I've stopped thinking its 'wasteful not to eat it' and we've actually saved money by having leftovers left!! I did put on a few kgs after stopping the duromine and felt sluggish at first but you just need to keep up your routine at the end even if you don't feel like it. There is NO doing it tomorrow. Do it now. I don't want the life I had before. I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope people can read this at the beginning of their journey and be inspired that it CAN be done, not everyone puts the weight back on, but if you do there's nothing stopping you from losing it again. Your completely in control and its ok to have treats etc but stop, think about it and then choose. Wishing you all well :)

Kate likes this.
  6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow! That is an interesting experience! You are so great, you did well and I admire your thinking about weight loss & after duromine therapy!