OMG...I look like that???

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ally Russell, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Ally Russell

Ally Russell New Member
    Registered

Do you look in the mirror and think, mmmm.....not bad?
    And then....get a picture taken in the local newspaper and shriek in absolute horror that you've turned into shrek. When did this transformation occur? I knew I was putting on weight and was struggling to fit into the non-plus size clothes....but seriously?? Where did I go????
    So here begins my adventure on Duromine.
    Day 1- the "normal" reactions, loads of energy, dull headache, couldn't multi skill as usual-scattered, difficulties staying asleep.
    Day2-3 very similar to Day 1, but then came....
    Days 4-5- headaches gone, scattered feeling under control and get this the sleep thing is ok, just needed to exercise in the pm as well to wear yourself out. Phew....so glad I can sleep again.
    So glad this forum is here, love hearing everyone's stories....
    Goodluck and Congrats everyone, we are awesome. Lol......
    Weight: 105
    Height:168
    Goal: 70-75?( not sure yet, as I'm older and just want to be comfortable with myself in clothes and yep....photos!! Bahahahahahahaha...

Kyles, tarme and Typical_Jules like this.
  2. Miss T

Miss T Member
    Registered

Good Luck! Hope to see some before and after pictures of you once you have reached your goal.

Take care
    Miss T

Ally Russell likes this.
  3. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

yes! oh yes i have in photos. we are very similar :) im 46 106.5 ( at docs) not sure at home? first weigh in next week. just day one of my journey, i digress, and 169 cm. so glad to have found this forum love reading everyone experiences

Ally Russell likes this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, that is how it begins))))
    I love your mood and atitude though. No matter what, we shall try to stay positive and go towards our goal!
    Photoes yeah...)) Maybe you will join those courageous girls, who posted their pictures here? Well, just to share weekly (monthly results?)
    Wish you a great day 6, 7, 8, 9.......
    ;)

Ally Russell and Typical_Jules like this.
  5. kookie

kookie New Member
    Registered

Good luck. I look forward to following you weight loss and hope u reach your goals.

Ally Russell likes this.
  6. Ally Russell

Ally Russell New Member
    Registered

Thanks everyone for the support, looking forward to hear everyone's challenges, goals smashed, experiences, the whole kit and caboodle. X

KaylaLouise, Typical_Jules and kookie like this.
  7. misshell

misshell New Member
    Registered

Hahaha! Thats totally how I see myself in photos! That's why I threaten to smash the camera if they take my photo :). I am now actually on my 4th month of 30mg. I completed my 3rd month a while back and managed to lose 20kg. Yes I truly lost 20kg, and actually done this in 2 months. The 3rd month I didn't manage to lose anything! So I waited a few weeks, then asked to continue on another month to see if it would get things going again. I so far have lost another 4kgs half way through this course. Im 26, 165cm tall and my starting weight was 97kg. I am currently fluctuating around the 75-78kg mark. I was very strict with my diet and drank ONLY WATER as many will say to do. My body did get pushed to some limits and my brain really done a good job staying sain :), as I was so sleep deprived and energy spent. That coupled with not enough food to replace the energy I was expelling, made it seem like a whirl wind of BLAH! but was totally worth it. Its all normal now and I dont use the duromine every day in this 4th month of treatment. Im feeling better in my body now and feel a tiny difference in the amount of back pain I was having and places around my back that I would experience pain (I have scoliosis and disc problems - the reason for my duromine use). Anyhow I wanted to post this in hopes to help people stay focused and leave another success story for people to be
    encouraged by. As I found it really encouraging and inspiring to read others stories at the beginning of my journey. Live and be well! :)

Audrey3 and Typical_Jules like this.
  8. Ally Russell

Ally Russell New Member
    Registered

Has anyone experienced severe bloating and stomach pain.
    I work in Theatre in a hospital and have taken a bowel prep to reduce the constipation, but the bloating has really knocked me around...

9. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

A bowel prep?

I feel quite bloated this week (week 2) and although I wouldn't say I'm constipated I just have gone to the toilet for number 2, sorry for the too much info.

Ally Russell likes this.
  10. tarme

tarme Active Member
    Registered

Iam the same kayla. Iam in week 2 also. Maybe because iam not eating fatty food

11. Kyles

Kyles Member
    Registered

Hahaha