Old Duromine user... new to this board!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ForeverAngie, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

Hi guys,

I'm extremely excited to be back on Duromine soon (if my GP will oblige)!

My Story:

I had a total Thyroidectomy in 2011 and since then picked up a whopping 40 kg's!! Sickening I know! I've been on anti-depressants since the birth of my first born, he is turning 9 this year.

Last year I went to my doc at wits end and she prescribed Duromine 30mg. I was on it for 3 months... did not loose a kilo! Scouts Honour! NOTHING! :mad: BUT I then went to a different GP to find out why. He told me you cannot be on Wellbutrin XL (anti-dep) and expect to loose any weight with Duromine as this is a direct clash of chemicals. That put me into a deeper depression as I thought well then I will never be able to loose weight ever again!

That was till about 2 months ago... I just had enough of this weight issue and decided screw Wellbutrin and this depression! I need to loose weight and fast! I'm 1.65m short and weigh 106kg! And being this overweight is making me more depressed than my actual depression. So I was weaned off of all anti-dep meds and I've now been 'clean' for a whole MONTH! Very very proud of myself must say!

So I have now decided to go see my GP (the one who said I can't be on both at the same time) and hoping, praying he will prescribe 30mg so that I can start this awesome and exciting journey.

I've also decided to join a gym even if I start out just walking / riding bike etc. I'll take it a day at a time! ;)

2. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

So I went to go see my GP, and he had noooo problem to prescribe Duromine 30mg!!

I just had my first one! I'm hoping and praying this is going to work for me! It must...

Here's to the first day of the rest of my life!!!

3. Gemz88

Gemz88 New Member
    Registered

Yay, good luck. I was 110kg and am 1.53 metres tall have got myself down to 80 with 25kg to go. All the best. I'm on the 40mg been on it two months and lost 12kg in that time.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello ForeverAngie!

It's great you decided to choose among those pills for depression and weight loss pills. It is important to make the first step and reconsider what's on the first place for you!
    Personally I saw NO depressed mood in everything you've written here:eek: You seem to be a very cheerful person, IMHO.
    Anyway, I say WELCOME to our weight loss family, my name is Kate and I'll do my best to support you and other ladies in this hard journey! Good luck!

5. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate and Gemz,

Thanks so much for the welcome :eek: I feel loved!

Wanted to come on to give a quick update... Day 4 for me and I feel amazing! I joined a gym! YEAH! Eating healthy (when I remember to eat eek... working on that) and just feel all round better than I've felt in a looooong time!

My doctor tested me for IR and Adrenal Fatigue, I'll have the results tomorrow! I've been wondering about that for about 2 years, and finally just decided to get everything checked, so I can start this journey FRESH! With as little obstacles as possible!

That's it from me for now :p hope you guys have a great day!

Can't wait to weigh myself on Friday!!!

6. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

PS: Sorry Gemz, still wanted to say WELL DONE on your loss! WOW! That's so motivating!!

7. Poob

Poob New Member
    Registered

Hey ForeverAngie

Where in SA are you? I am in JHB. Just joined the forum seconds ago - going to introduce myself in a moment :)

8. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

Hey Poob, I'm in JHB too :)
    Are you also on Duromine?

9. Poob

Poob New Member
    Registered

Hey, no not yet. I am tossing around and around in my mind whether to start on it or not. I posted an intro post about it. Really a bit paranoid, but also need to a bit of a jump start (after already losing 15kg last year).

10. ForeverAngie

ForeverAngie New Member
    Registered

Update from me:

Starting weight 106kg
    Current weight 102kg!!
    Loss so far 4kgs and all round lost 20cm!

I'm so glad I managed to loose 4kgs in 2 weeks... Even though 3 days during those 2 weeks I had a cold and did not take my D!
    I've been eating super healthy NO CHEATING... and hit the gym every second day! I'm getting better at that! Ha!

Loving the feeling of being healthy not so bloated and energetic!

I'm just not as dry mouthed thirsty anymore... what's up with that? Try to force water down but I need a thirst!! Help please :)