Off Topic - Cyclone Ita

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Scribbles, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

For those in Australia who know about Cyclone Ita, Category 5 bearing down on north Queensland and expected to be crossing in about 10 hours I'd just like to let you all know if you don't hear from me you know we are without power and phones. It won't be because I've deserted you!

We are still a long way south of where it will cross, but one of the models has the cyclone hugging the coast line and staying as a very scary cyclone for about 500 kms down the coast and visiting several towns as it goes. If that happens then it will land on our doorstep. Last cyclone we had we had no power for a week. I don't expect it to be as bad but you never know.

Here's hoping everyone makes it through and there is little damage (unlikely) and definitely no loss of life.

Two different track maps for the cyclone

IDQ65001.png

1801254_688809167846417_4006502733716694965_o.jpg

#1 Scribbles, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Raindancer83

Raindancer83 New Member
    Registered

Thank god it was only a fizzer! It could have been so much worse!

3. Scribbles

Scribbles Active Member
    Registered

Yes it wasn't as bad as expected. That said, our area was the worst of all the flooded areas. And our daughter and grandkids had to call of their week long visit, so we got stuck with the Tiny Teddies and the 2 Minute Noodles!! :)

JennyGordonii likes this.
  4. Raindancer83

Raindancer83 New Member
    Registered

Yeah mother nature sure got her timing right durig school hols! All the tinned soup we got in prep is still haunting me :( yuck!

JennyGordonii likes this.