No loss, 10 days in :(

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 8Fox8, Dec 22, 2018.

1. 8Fox8

8Fox8 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    75.2kg
    Current Weight:
    69.9kg
    Height:
    153cm
    Lost:
    5.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    63kg
    I’ve lost 5.7kg independently since Sept 9 2018, by increasing my eating through Jenny Craig and trying to maintain a 1200cal per day diet.
    After 2 months I started focusing on getting active and using my fit bit to help.
    I’ve now reached a plateau which is how I came to my Doctor prescribing 30mg Duromine.
    I’m 10 days in, sticking to my Jenny Craig and stepping/walking like a maniac and haven’t budged on the scales :(
    On the plus side the dry mouth does make me drink more water, which is something I always struggled with.
    Any suggestions?

2. 8Fox8

8Fox8 New Member
    Registered

Day 15 for me now, still no loss. Still walking and having my 1200 per day via Jenny Craig.

Drinking water like crazy. I find I stay up later but it’s not like extra energy per say, I’m just awake reading or watching tv.

I used Durolax too. Thought maybe I was literally “full of it”.... but nope, I wasn’t! Ha ha

I think if I went up a dose of Duromine it would be too much.

3. Jazz

Jazz New Member
    Registered

Hi 8Fox8 ... just replied to your posts with Drewondru87. But just wanted to say that I tried Jenny Craig in the past (5 years ago) and stuck to it religiously. I lost 5 kg in the first 5 weeks and then no more. I found that Jenny Craig food is full of heavy carbohydrates like pasta, potato, cheese etc.
    If you can, I would stop JC. If you have the time and energy, do it yourself - start eating healthy, clean, unprocessed food like good old meat and vegetables. I think you’ll find a big difference in your weight loss. Still stick to the 1200-1300 calories per day. It will also cost you a lot less.
    Good luck.

4. MellyP

MellyP New Member
    Registered

Hey there. I would say that your body is going into starvation mode from too little energy, especially since by the sounds of it a lot of your KJ's are coming from carbs (and probably simple refined ones). You could also be increasing muscle mass if you have been going to the gym. Try and increase your protein and fat intake (sounds crazy, but you need to get your macro's in balance to get your body burning fuel again). Try for 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs (Keto diet, look it up). Your fats should come from good sources, like coconut oils, avo's, nuts, some cheese/dairy, lean meats. You will stay fuller for longer and clear that brain fog. Good luck!

Julesbali likes this.
  5. 8Fox8

8Fox8 New Member
    Registered

I’d like too, but previously didn’t eat enough, so that’s why I went to JC ... to kind of re-learn to eat regularly again. If I stop, I doubt I’ll keep my meals up. Particularly when I get busy at work :( I’m not a “snacker” so can easily have a coffee and then not eat all day until 4-5pm. Which is terrible and how I got a bit fat in the beginning, I think my body was putting everything in storage ha ha