Newie to Duromine!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laura31, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Laura31

Laura31 New Member
    Registered

I am 31 and a mother of two wonderful little boys and I have decided that enough is enough!! My starting weight yesterday was 123.5kg (my heavist was 141.7kg in 2009 and my goal weight is 59kg's). I am the perfect example of a yoyo dieter. You name a diet and chances are, I've tried it. I have plenty of motivation but I seem to have alot of trouble in the willpower department :( I started Duromine 40mg yesterday and Centrum Advance (complete multivitamin). I must admit I was quite anxious (excited to start, worried about the cost of the pill but most of all, scared about the so many side effects people have been known to experience). Well, I took my first pill yesterday at 11.15am. I had reassurance that this would be ok but not to take it any time after lunch as I might have trouble sleeping (hey!! I'm a mother of 2, I'm definately used to that!!). I'm glad to say that I didn't experience any side effects except that I found myself drinking more water which is a plus!! For lunch I tried to have a piece of chicken but found that I could only manage 3 bites and was then not interested (is this normal??). I cooked dinner for my family and by the time it was prepared I was not hungry at all so I forced myself to have some fruit (I couldn't be bothered reheating my meal!!). When I went to bed last night I think I was so anxious about not sleeping as I had heard that this is a common side effect that it took me longer to get to sleep but once I relaxed, I must have drifted off to slumber land. I tossed and turned during the night but this is normal as I have had back pain since my first child and if I lay in a position for too long it hurts more. This morning when I woke up I weighed myself (I know we shouldn't weigh ourselves everyday only weekly but I'm a compulsive weigher!!) and I discovered I had lost 1.6 kg's!! I know that this is mainly water but still it's a loss!! Today is day 2 and I took my pill at 0615am and went for a 4km walk which I havn't done in ages!! So far so good. I must admit I'm quite worried that when I come off the pill I will start to put the weight back on. My friends keep telling me that they have only heard bad things about the pill and that you will put all the weight back on plus more when you stop taking it. Well, I've decided that being this over weight is definately not good for me either and I'm not ashamed to admit that I need help. Obviously if you go back to eating the way you were before then you will gain weight. I've decided to keep a journal noting what I'm eating, if I exercise and how much and basically how I'm feeling day to day. In Australia there's this method (not really a diet) and it's called being a swapper. Basically you can eat the things you enjoy but in smaller proportions and swapping indoor activities with the great outdoors. We all know what is good for us, we just need to stay focused and help each other and stay on track. Having a good support network around you is the key. Together we can achieve anything!!

Good luck to everyone who is trying to lose weight and a very big congratulations to those who have. I think this is one of the hardest things a person will ever have to do and if we can make it to the end and achieve our goals, we can achieve anything!! We just have to remember that we are worth it ;)

2. rocky girl

rocky girl New Member
    Registered

loved reading your post you sound very positive and they are the stories i like to read while im on duromine, im day 4 i havent had any bad side effects only very thirsty but thats a good thing im drinking heaps of water, look forward to reading more about your success.

3. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

Hey Laura, hows it going? Swappings good! I am so into our summer fruits right now..rockmelon grapes water melon.. its all really good especially if you dont feel like eating (cos its juicy). Hope you are going well :0

4. rocky girl

rocky girl New Member
    Registered

good Idea size16
    Im going to the fruit shop today and gonna buy all that yummy fruit you mentioned because i havent really got a big appetite at the moment but i know i must have something to keep going.