Newcastle Australia Newbie :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by roxibutterfly, Mar 1, 2013.

1. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Hi, Im new to this forum but have used duromine in the past with success.
    Recently realised that somehow 15 sneaky kilos had creeped back onto this body of mine and I want it gone!!! Also had a spare 20kilo still sitting there left over from not reaching my goal last time....
    So all in all I'd like to lose around 35 kilo (thats three and a half of those giant potato bags from the supermarket o_o)
    As I said, duromine has worked for me in the past. I lost 25 kilo using duromine and the gym. I didnt get to my goal but I was the closest Id been in a very long time.
    I felt great! I was 87 kilo!!! Id gotten under the dreaded 100! AND accomplished my next goal of under 90. I was unstoppable! Felt healthy, felt sexy, felt invincible! I thought I had everything under control so I let myself have a treat.....
    12 months later, and many treats later, my clothes were tight, my muffin top explosion was back and those jeans that I was so proud of, didnt do up any more :( I bought a set of scales and almost had a heart attack when I realised I'd gained 15kilo back again. How did I not realise this earlier???
    SO.... Off to my beautiful doctor I go. She is fabulous and hands me my script.
    After a week on Duromine Id lost almost 4 kilo. Starting weight of 103.9
    Another week passes and my scales keep teasing me. 99.9 YAY!!! No wait. 100.1 Noooooo
    Determined to be back down under 100 by the weekend. That will be my first goal accomplished.
    Next goal is to join the gym again and start on my physical journey.
    Thirdly I need to start eating more food and better balanced nutrition. Currently Im quite happy to survive the day on one boiled egg, a small bag of rice crisps and an apple but I know that isnt healthy and Im starting to see and feel the drain on my body.
    I have made my new diet plan on the duromine livinglite website and starting Monday morning it is the beginning of a healthier life for me.
    Nobody knows that I am on Duromine. Only my Doctor and I. Its nice to be able to come here and chat with other people in the same situation and share ideas or ask questions.
    Anyways, Thats me.
    I'm glad to be here and really looking forward to getting to know you all better :)
    I'm in Newcastle NSW Australia. Any other Novacastrians about??
    Hugs. Roxi

Madaselle and Mumo3girls like this.
  2. ozziemum

ozziemum New Member
    Registered

Hi Roxi, good luck with your new plan I am in Australia as well but in Melbourme, I want to loose about 50kgs so far first week down lost 3.1kg so a good start.
    I didnt realise there was a duromine livinglite website and just went on and had a look - I cant sign up as I brought the generic brand (metermine), so I dont have a bar code from the duromine box. Would you mind telling me the number so I can sign up - they more help and support I get the better off I think I will go.
    Yvette

3. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Hi Yvette :)
    I love Melbourne!! Have been a few times and always had so much fun.
    The barcode is 9314057000571 thats for the 40mg Duromine. Not sure if its different for different strengths....
    A pharmacy near work told me about Metermine but it was only $10 cheaper than the actual Duromine. The pharmacy near home has Duromine for about $25 cheaper YAY
    Awesome loss for your first week! Thats fantastic :)
    How are you feeling? I've used Duromine before but every time I get the same symptoms that are so annoying!
    Clenching my jaw, pimple break out, DRY DRY mouth, bad breath and a lump in my throat. Kinda feels a little like its closing off or like I have something stuck in there and it drives me batty!
    BUT.... I do love how it curbs my appetite. Some days I have to force myself to eat. And I love the energy. I dont really care about the lack of sleep. I'm not big on sleeping anyways. Some nights I dont even bother sleeping or I'll jump into bed for an hour or three just to recharge the batteries.
    I hope you are doing good and feeling great.
    Good luck on the livinglite site. Just a few handy tips and nice way to journal your progress each week :)
    Roxi

Mumo3girls likes this.
  4. ozziemum

ozziemum New Member
    Registered

Thanks for that Roxi, so far side effects not too bad, slight dry mouth and little trouble sleeping - finding that I am not eating much at all and dont feel like it either sometimes have to force myself to eat. So sick of being overweight - hoping to lose at least 15-20kg on my first 3 months before having a break and then doing another 3 months and hopefully nearly being down to a normal weight. I have two little kiddies and I need to get fit and healthy not just for me but for them as well.
    Look forward to chatting on here as we go through our journey to a fitter healther us.
    Yvette

5. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Keep with it hun and you will get there. Its a hard journey but if we want it bad enough, we can do it.
    I have three kiddies and I want to be a good role model for them. I dont want them to think its ok and normal to be like me. I have struggled my whole teenage and adult life with weight problems and I hate the thought of my kids struggling in the same way.
    They dont know Im on medication. All they see is healthier choices and more excercise. I have made changes for all of us. Less junk, more healthy food options. Very rare treat with fizzy drinks etc etc etc. We still have the occasional treat night or take out but its no where near as much as it used to be.
    Good luck with your 15-20kilo :)
    Keep up the good work

6. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Well just an update
    I got under the 100!!!!
    Woohoo! 99.1kilo

I was hoping to have a few more people stop by to say hi by now :(
    I hope everything is still going well for you Yvette
    hugs to all

7. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

Another update.
    I've joined the gym. YAY
    Lost a little more. Im at 98.6 now but hoping to have some more dramatic losses now Im working out.
    I feel thinner though which is weird. Maybe Im building more muscle and not dropping on the scales. My body shape seems to have changed and Im noticing in the mirror more.
    I got back into my size 16 jeans. YAY!!!! I'll admit, I have a killer muffin top but woohoo I got the button and zip done up and I am pretty stoked :)
    Fingers crossed I can get rid of that muffin now lol

Madaselle likes this.
  8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

What can be more fantastic than fitting in your favourite jeans again? ) ) )

Sometimes it's hard to see the difference between ex you and current you, after you've lost some kilos.
    But clothes don't lie, so you do great so far, Roxi!

Gym is great, I always say that, because no weight loss is possible w/t exercises.

Go go go!

;)

9. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi roxibutterfly:)
    Congrats on your weight lose yay your jeans fit 'yay' what an amazing feeling to have :) keep up the great work.

10. BrideToBe

BrideToBe New Member
    Registered

Hi Roxi!
    I'm also from Newcastle, AUS! Congratulations on your weight loss so far! I'm just starting my first ever course of 30mgs.. fingers crossed x good luck to you! hope to keep in touch :) - BrideToBe xxxx

11. dreamlife40

dreamlife40 New Member
    Registered

Hi roxy, a taswegian here. So glad u r having results on duromine, hope I do as well. I have about 20kg to lose, may not seem that much but I'm sick of hating myself for being fat & giving into cravings. I really do wish u good luck & I'm looking up the livinglite website u mentioned, never heard of it before.

12. Phippsy

Phippsy New Member
    Registered

Hi Roxy, nice to see more Aussies here :)

I'll be keeping an eye on your progress and look forward to joining you in the weight loss journey!

13. Madcatwoman

Madcatwoman New Member
    Registered

Maitland NSW and first day on Duromine with 25 kgs to lose. Scared but determined to lose at least 15 kgs by April next year when I get married! Yahooooo.

Plus Newcastle are into the finals just one more game and then ........

14. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good luck, Madcatwoman! To you and Newcastle:D

15. Kylie Luond

Kylie Luond New Member
    Registered

Would love to go on the Duromine living lite website, but have to register and they only have it for Aussies, Im in NZ :(

16. KHarris1984

KHarris1984 New Member
    Registered

Hi there just wandering can u point me in the right direction to a doctor who prescribed Duromine cheers

17. kjbet

kjbet New Member
    Registered

Hi Roxi, I'm in Newcastle also, and have gained 15 kilos over the last two years and feeling dreadful. . I have approached my normal Dr re Duromine but he "hates the stuff". I'm a bit wary of approaching another Dr, and was wondering if you were able to recommend one if you feel comfortable doing so? Thank you so much

18. ky11e83

ky11e83 New Member
    Registered

Hi Roxi. I am in Newcastle as well (East Maitland actually) :)

19. Katiekkkkk

Katiekkkkk New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!

Also from Newcastle and looking for a dr that prescribes! Any help please?!

20. Madaselle

Madaselle Member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Im From Morriset!