Newby!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mumma to 3, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Mumma to 3

Mumma to 3 New Member
    Registered

Hello, I have started duromine 30mg, I started on the 8th jan, been great so far, couldn't sleep much for the first 2 days but all good now, I am on my treadmill for 1.5 hours a day doing all sorts of programs on there, I have cut out all coffee, and junk food, just been eating fruit, steamed veggies and steamed fish, in 8 days I have lost 4.1kg :) I'm happy with how it's all going, I'm only on it for 30 days

Starting weight 84.7 kg
    8 days later 80.6
    Goal weight 60-65
    weight lost 4.1kg

2. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Hi Newby,

Congrats on your loss!
    Well done and keep at it :eek:)

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Mamma to 3! Well done, dear! I like your diet plan: veggies and fish are great for health and weight loss in general. 4 kgs in 8 days prove that you can achieve your goal easily! Happy for you) ) )
    Kate.

4. Mumma to 3

Mumma to 3 New Member
    Registered

Thank-you, I know if I have a bit of junk food I won't stop :/ so best to keep away from it. I find my moods can change pretty quick on these but never for long.

5. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Well done Mumma to 3! One more motivating story for me to build on! Getting started tomorrow.

6. Rashidah4me

Rashidah4me New Member
    Registered

Well done Mumma to 3 - look forward to your updates and i am looking forward to starting on my "D"

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I keep fingers crossed for everyone of you - newbies!!:eek:

8. Mumma to 3

Mumma to 3 New Member
    Registered

Hello, im still here :)
    Been a very busy month for me, Im still on duromine and loving it, no more side effects, although some morning i wake up and its slightly hard to breath and no energy but if i sit down for about 5 minutes im fine again. i have obstructive sleep apnea so it doesnt help with things, i have surgery coming up soonish just waiting for a date.
    Ive been eating good still not a good as my first week though lol i lasted 10 days with no sugar :) i still havent bought a block of chocolate yet lol which is HUGE for me as im a chocoholic. wednesday is my last day on duromine so i will weigh in then im gana ask my doc if i can have 1 more month, im sure he will say ok, i can tell ive lost weight, not only from the scales but in my clothes to, all my size 16 clothes fall off me woohoo, i need to go buy a few size 14's. i am alost at my mini goal which is half way, so happy, i would of liked to reach my mini goal by the end of the 4th week but i have slowed down on the exercising, i now do it every few days not every day as my kids like to fight when im on my treadmill they are 10, 3 & 2. Any who i will pop in on wednesday with my 4week weight loss :)

9. Mumma to 3

Mumma to 3 New Member
    Registered

I went to the docs yesterday and he weighted me and took my bp all good, on his scales i weighed 76kg on mine im 77 lol so i have lost 8-9kg in 4 weeks yay im so happy, he gave me another month aswell, think this will be my last month as i will be quite close to my goal, my mini goal was 75kg and my main was 65kg so not far now

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Mumma to 3!
    It's great to know you managed to achieve so good results so quickly, 'cause I think it's optimal to lose about 2-3kg per week. Well done!
    As far as I remember your starting weight was 84kg or something? Well 84kg --> 76kg good achievement, so I'm sure you'll get closer to 65 by the next 4 weeks. It's good also that you've consulted your doc.
    Prepare yourself for life without the pills soon!

Good luck!