Newbies

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mum2hili, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

Hi! I am Sarah and I have only just started my journey on changing my current health and lifestyle. Sounds weird but I'm determined to make this a permanent change and not just another diet. Anyhow I was wondering if there was anyone else who has would be interested in having a weekly weigh-in/motivation team. That way we can follow each other's progress and try any new recipes together ect.. Keep the process interesting. Looking forward to talking with all of you :) btw my first weigh in will be on Wednesday and I'm feeling a little bit nervous.

2. Fitby40

Fitby40 New Member
    Registered

Hi Sarah,
    I to have started my journey to not just lose weight, but to increase my fitness and to develop better eating habits. I started last Thursday, at 83 kg and I am 164 cms so my goal 63kg. I would love to have someone to compare notes and to help me stay focused. So far it's amazing how such a little tablet can make such a big difference. Thursday night didn't sleep couldn't wait to get out of bed, when I did I was like a mad women got so much done. Friday night slept a little better, Saturday lots of energy in morning but cranky pants in afternoon slept a little bit better. Today again wide awake at 6 got up at 645 on a Sunday oh my lord and went for bike mood was still a little cranky, but by lunchtime was so tired mood had improved, actually had a little nap, my anxiety levels are very high, I was blaming it on the tablets but when I really look at it I think it maybe due to lack of sleep and perhaps not eating enough, because I haven't felt like food weird for me as I am a chef and obsessed with food, so I have decided that I really do have to eat something regularly I just have to force myself but I have to make healthy choices and to watch my portion size.
    Looking forward to hearing about your experiences
    Neva

Mum2hili likes this.
  3. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

Hi Neva! I weighed myself last Wednesday morning and I was 108kg, got super depressed by it but quickly moved past it once the tablets stopped the sugar cravings. I think my goal for the moment is to reach 65kg but ill aim for a mini goal of 80kg first(haven't been that size since I was 20yrs old) I too have been exercising, managed to get to the gym 4times since Wednesday so I'm doing pretty well. As for the food, I'm not craving anything fatty or sugary. I'm still getting hungry but only when I should be instead of being hungry all day. One strange side affect I get is that I come home from the gym super hypo, I can't get over how much energy I get.

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Sarah! Welcome to our forum. I am glad that you have joined us, since it is much easier to stay on track with us! We support newbies;)

Mum2hili likes this.
  5. Fitby40

Fitby40 New Member
    Registered

Looking forward to hearing your success tomorrow whoo I am sure it will be good. Good on you for going to gym 4 times a week that's great it's amazing how much energy this one little tablet gives you I can't believe it I have bounded out of bed at six every morning and gone bike riding I am the one that usually hates getting out of bed. I am also happy to report that all side effect have subsided. I even got a little hungry yesterday but I wAs able to stay strong
    My way in is on Friday so fingers crossed

Mum2hili likes this.
  6. gwen_73

gwen_73 New Member
    Registered

Hi there - I'm looking forward to hearing your success stories too, I started Duromine on Saturday and so far loving it - no real side effects (a little headache on the first couple of days and broken sleep on the first night but all good since then) and I actually feel really good and motivated. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on calorie intake - I'm generally a healthy eater anyway (portion size has always been my problem because I just LOVE food) but with Duromine I have no appetite at all and can barely manage to eat 600 calories a day. I feel ok and not dizzy or anything on such a small amount of food and I'm eating a healthy mix - small meals and healthy snacks, nothing fried and I've cut out alcohol and coffee but I'm worried that I'm not eating enough and that my metabolism will suffer and make weight loss even harder. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Gwen!
    You are lucky you have no severe side effects. At this point you're doing great. But if you think you haven't enough food, you should make a daily menu. Just take a break, sit calmly and write down a list Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.. There is a bunch of different recepies and menus on the Internet, just a couple of minutes and clicks and you have what you like the most. Also we have a branch dedicated to some recepies. Check it out. Or. Think over all the possible fruit, veggies, meat and nuts you can remember of, and divide them daily. Like Mon: breakfast(apple; boiled egg; or yogurt), lunch(mango, apple, berries, orange, grapefruit salad; bran turkey sandwich; lettuce+boiled chicken+tomatoes+olive oil salad, etc.), dinner(beef soup; chicken+mashroom cream soup; minestrone; or just an oatmeal with fruit and nuts), snacks(nuts; protein shake; fresh fruit; fresh celery; carrots, etc. etc....) Hundred of variants actually:)
    Just make sure you have meat, veggies, fruit and plenty of water every day. These are essential elements in menu for your body. No fried or fatty food, please. The more colors your products have - the better))) Good luck!

8. candice7

candice7 New Member
    Registered

hi ill join u i started 5 days ago weighing in at 105 kgs been eating healthy but not much exercise yet :/

9. Fitby40

Fitby40 New Member
    Registered

Whoo welcome amazing how we all started so close to each other I am really enjoying the new me no more side effects maybe still dry mouth but I think that's a good thing makes me drink more water , this tablet has completely changed my attitude, we went for a drive tonight and my husband and children had ice creams I didn't and I didn't even give it a second thought
    Where as before if I didn't have one before I would be still feeling cheered now that I had missed out.
    It great only 2 more sleeps till weigh and measure bit excited or nervous not sure
    Keep going every one we can reach our goals together

10. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

Hi, it's nice to see there are a few of us starting at the same time. Sorry I have been away, kids are keeping me on my toes this week lol. I weighed in on Thursday at 104kg so I lost 4kg in a week which I am soooo happy with. Good wise this week has been great. My portions are about a 3rd of what they used to be and I'm not craving bread or pasta or sweets like I used to. I'm not keeping track of how many calories, I did a rough one the other day and I'm eating about 1300 as I am having a meat and salad lunch and the same for dinner and the meats are high in calories. When is everyone's next weigh in? Neva how did u go this morning?

11. candice7

candice7 New Member
    Registered

i weighed in this morning i also lost 4kgs my 1st week food is hardly on my mind anymore

newkate2014 and Kate like this.
  12. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Congratulations on such impressive weight loss!:)

Mum2hili likes this.
  13. Anita PYne

Anita PYne New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone

I have started today with this little pill to help me change my lifestyle. No side effects as yet. I havent been craving food either with is awesome cause i have impluse problems with it. For Example today is my birthday and usually i would be 2nds 3rds of cake but i havent even really thought about it. it is sitting on the bench and i dont even want it. I am very excited!!

Mum2hili likes this.
  14. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

That's great Anita! So glad you found this thread, will be great to have so many of is doing this together

15. Kezzamcc

Kezzamcc New Member
    Registered

Hi there I had a really successful 4 weeks on Duromine and then didn't fill my second scripts as I went overseas and was worried to travel with it. I don't think the scales are reflecting my true loss as I went to a work function the other day and I haven't seen my old team for 6 weeks and I got a lot of comments. I do need to go and get another script on Wed as I have noticed the sugar and bad food cravings are all creeping back. I have been off the tablets for about a month now.
    One really bad side effect I got and I mean REALLY BAD was constipation. I cannot go through that again so if anyone has any great ideas to help this please let me know.
    I am looking forward to being back on the wagon on Wednesday.
    Thanks

Mum2hili likes this.
  16. candice7

candice7 New Member
    Registered

Kezzamcc, what helps me with the constipation problem is taking a multivitamin and diffidently drinking alot of water, 1 thing i have found with weight loss tablets is they have a tendency to affect ur body from absorbing the nutrients it needs hence the constipation so taking a multivitamin with brekky helps me.

Mum2hili likes this.
  17. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

Kezzamcc I am suffering from constipation too :( I eat healthy, take vitamins and drink bucketload a of water but nothing is happening, and it's been days :( if anyone had any ideas I'll try them

18. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Guys, I know this problem firsthand, fresh &boiled / steamed veggies help. Beets, cauliflower, broccoli. Plums, prunes, dried apricots, kiwi and oatmeal too. Just to not take laxatives, try to eat these products more. Must help.

Mum2hili likes this.
  19. Fitby40

Fitby40 New Member
    Registered

Hi every one I am back we went away for weekend for a 40 th bday party my weigh in very excited 4 kilos and 6 cm lost very excited and happy to say that I remained focused at the party was not even interested in the sweets whoo well done every one for you losses hope their just as good this week.
    Constipation thing I am hearing you really try on to drink more water I have been a bit slack in that area in last few days

Mum2hili likes this.
  20. Mum2hili

Mum2hili New Member
    Registered

Pears seem to work a dream lol
    Fit by 40 that is a fantastic loss!