Newbie !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RedBlackWhite, Mar 21, 2013.

1. RedBlackWhite

RedBlackWhite New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

I've just started Duromine two days ago. I've never even heard of this stuff beforehand but my dr recommended it to me as I need to lose a bit of weight before surgery in May.
    I weighed 77kg two days ago, today 75kg & am hoping to get down to 63kg.

I'm having 15mg a day from the 30mg capsules - so safe half for the next day. It's working a treat. I have no appetite whatsoever nor side effects.

I do have a few questions:

1) What should my daily calorie intake be in order to lose weight?
    2) How long does it take for the weight to drop off?
    3) Will I expect my biggest weight loss in the first week?
    4) Is there anyone out there of similar weight as me using Duromin?

Thank you for reading

:D

2. RedBlackWhite

RedBlackWhite New Member
    Registered

Just realised that there are hundreds of people who view these posts but only a handful that reply! Hmmmm

3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello newbie RedBlackWhite!

Have no worries that not so many people reply here. My name is Kate and I always try to comment or reply all messages and therefore help somehow.
    I am surprised doctor prescribed you the pills, since you are not extremely overweight... But you've said the surgery is coming, so probably the doctor knows best.
    15 mg pills are most safe so it's OK you have no side effects. Still, I suggest you to drink more water than you usually have.
    As for your questions:

1. Different people need different mount of calories every day. For example you can count them according to this formula:
    your weight (kg) / 0.453
    x 14= your daily norm. The result would be calories you need to keep your present weight stable.
    If you want to achieve for example 60 kg, then you should count:
    60kg / 0.453 x 14 = 1848 kcal (just an example)

2,3. Again, it depends on a person and his metabolism. Some girls lose 3-5 kg per month, the others 1-3kg per week and so on. All I can say for sure is that the first week/month the weight comes off faster. Considering your data, I think yes, you can lose most at the first week or two.

4. My Duromine journey passed long ago so nowadays I try to keep it stable. So I have changed my lifestyle once and for all, no fried and fatty foods, no fastfood, no soda, etc.; only fruit, vegetables, dairy, nuts, fat-free meat, all steamed, boiled or fresh.
    But I'm sure there are some ladies here with similar weight as yours and they'll help you more!

Cheers and good luck! :eek:

4. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi newbie:)
    Welcome, feel free to ask me anything about duromine but please understand I have only been taking it for 3 weeks now & it's still early days for me. Honestly try your best to read people's blogs because that's how I learnt more about duromine and the annoying side effects you may get. Trust me there's not a day I don't have a side effect, however the end result for me personally will be worth it.
    Good luck, i wish you all the best, stay in touch:)

5. wildthing081

wildthing081 New Member
    Registered

Hi there, iam also new to duromine, iam on the 30mg and have lost 7kgs in my 1 month. Hoping to continue to lose the same amount in the next month.

6. PAiiGE

PAiiGE New Member
    Registered

Wow that's great you've lost so much! I'm praying I'll get good results like that. Can I ask how often do you work out? and what was your eating like?

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Absolutely incredible! Not many can lose that much during their 1st month. Congratulations, honey, and welcome to our big family;)

8. wildthing081

wildthing081 New Member
    Registered

Hi i didnt work out at all. Breakfast is normal Special K with little milk no sugar. weekends it may be bacon and egg, no toast. Lunch would be a sandwich of Low GI wholewheat bread with cheese and tomatoe, or chicken salad. supper meat and vegs or salad. Being sick i have sometimes had low-cal jelly and low fat yohurt. I dont get hungry at all, so i dont nibble at all. Have a very dry mouth, but due to the throat and ear infection i have being drinking very little liquid. I also have Lite cup-a-soup for either lunch or dinner if my mouth and throat are to sore to chew.

9. BrideToBe

BrideToBe New Member
    Registered

Congratulations! I have just gotten my prescription filled for 30mgs, finding it very interesting reading everyone's opinions on here, can't wait to see what my results will be... keep up the great work, you've inspired me! :)

10. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi Wildthing 081,
    wow thats amazing you lost 7 kilos:) i wish i can do that:)
    good luck losing more weight, i can't wait to hear about your progress or your secrets to losing alot of weight:)