Newbie :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kyra, May 8, 2012.

1. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys

I am so grateful for this forum, its a great way to motivate one another.
    I started taking duramine today, my doc has started me off on 30mg. After browsing the forum over the wkend i decided to follow the advice of waking up a little earlier to take my tablet. No negative side effects so far, just VERY thirsty!
    Really excited to see if the tablets work for me I have quite a bit to lose. I am currently 97kgs and 1.76m tall.
    Will keep you updated! :)

2. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

Hi
    I'm another newbie. I just started 30mg today. I'm still awake but it's probably because I'm a bit nervous.
    I am currently 104.5kg. In the last 6 months I have put on 10 kg. It amazing how you don't realize. Blah
    I am happy to have an email buddy to contact for support on a regular basis. This forum is great.
    It seems everyone is honest so you get all opinions and experiences.
    Regards Kerri

3. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Kerri
    You really dont realize at all, I'm just at the stage where I have to force myself to take notice. I never realize how big I am until i see a photo :(
    First night I also battled to sleep but last night slept like a baby, in fact I was late for work. Still no terrible symptoms. Felt a little nauseas today but found that the more water I had the better I felt. Are you also going to follow a diet plan?

4. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

I am only on my second day. Last night I couldn't get to sleep....at all he he. But it was mt sons birthday and we were out till late. So I think I was wound up from rushing around after work etc. see how I go tonight. As far as a diet plan I am just sticking to 3 small meals and 2 snacks ( fruit or yoghurt) each day. I am vegetarian and I love cheese. This has been a weakness. I hope the craving are suppressed now. My meals are generally the right thing...mainly veggies and a low fat protein ( meat substitute) the reason I'm fat is because I ALSO have been halving cakes and big bowls of ice cream and packets of biscuits with my hubby. It's really hard to lose weight when your husband really doesn't care either way. I mean Its what every girl wants, to have a non judgmental husband. But it's hard not to eat if he does. So he is now on a healthy eating plan as well.

I am on the central coast nsw Australia. Are you in the same time zone? Sorry, it probably says it somewhere on here. It would be nice to have an online chat with some forum members at some stage. Forums are good but sometimes it helps to have support in a conversation. If that makes sense.

I have looked on that swapper sight. It's a healthy eating site. I can't remember what it's called but it has a great online service and a book your can print to keep track of goals and weight and lifestyle. Really important to be able to keep it up once your off the tablets. What do you think.

Anyway. I'm off to work. I will check in during the day.
    Keep moving and smiling. A stressful life will help lose weight.
    Oh. BTW glad you got a god night sleep.

Sallie alexander likes this.
  5. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

The web site is swapit.gov.au for anyone that is interested. A different approach to the strict yo yo dieting we have all possible experienced...I know I have my whole life ( I am now 41)

6. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

I am in South Africa so the time zone is different. Will def go and have a look at the website it sounds fantastic! Had another good nights sleep, have noticed that my muscles have been cramping?? Anyone else experience this?

I am not following a specific diet as such, just trying to make healthier choices. Want to stick to a lifestyle that I will be able to maintain after i have finished my 3 month course. My weakness is fast food and anything savory. What I am enjoying about the tablets is that the "yummy" factor of the food i eat is not so important anymore. It is now about having to eat as a necessity. It's terrible to actually realize how much emphasis I have placed on food in my life!! Really need to make a mental shift as well.

Going to start exercising next week monday which is something I am actually looking forward to for the first time ever!! Totally agree with you about being able to have a conversation or at least instant chat. Think it would do the lot of us good.

Keep me updated on your progress please :) Bad and good lol

7. Kerri

Kerri New Member
    Registered

Sounds like you have the right idea food wise. I get what you mean about how important food has been. I was on my way home from work and automatically thought...yay Friday night. Let's get takeaway. I am now having soup and a bread roll instead. I feel so much better about my healthy yummy choose . Instead of the unhealthy activity of eating junk.
    My email is kerriday17@ hotmail.com I have msn messenger. If you add me we can chat that way. I need support. I have a husband and 2 grown children. No girl friends really. My husband must be sick of listening me talk about food, pills exercise he he.

I feel really good today. A little tired as I didn't sleep last night and had a big day at work. Looking forward to my soup.

I will also start doing some exercise soon. Maybe go back to the gym for cross trainer and walking. I know it is necessary for weight loss.

Cramps might be due to dehydration? Try to drink more water....although I think everyone on the pills drinks more than they usually would

Look forward to hearing more about everyone's experiences

Kerri

8. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Morning :)

I will add you as soon as I have downloaded msn. How was your wkend in terms of food? I cheated a little bit, not going to beat myself up about it.
    Had really bad muscle spasms the whole weekend, my water intake has increased a lot, going to try have some soup today to get a bit of salt in my body.
    Other than the muscle cramps I still feel good, Going to weigh myself tomorrow morning, terrified that I get on that scale and see no difference.
    Hold Thumbs :)

9. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Feeling a little disappointed have only lost 3kgs and I am going into my 4th week now. They say the bigger you are the faster you lose. Which is obviously not true in my case for some reason. I have noticed a change in my clothes which is reassuring. Is anyone else having the same results, no change on the scale but in your clothes?
    I have been sticking to a low gi diet, drinking tons of water and started exercising so am baffled. Is it possible to lose centimetres without actually seeing the scale go down?

10. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Very pleased to say that I have finally seen the scale budge :D whoohoooo
    I dont know why but my body hit a plateau, luckily its over for now.
    Just finished my 5th week and have lost a total of 6.5 kgs.

Only 16.5kgs to go. Been losing a little over a kg a week, which is good enough for me.
    Excited to see how the rest of this month goes, very motivated now.

Would love to hear any ideas you ladies have for healthy warm meals now for winter??

11. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Kyra,

I bought the weight watchers cook book and cook out of that, tells how many cals etc. I cook it for my partner and he has no idea :)

12. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi Kyra

Congrats, I am so happy when I read possitive stories. It is so much motivational then moaning all day long.
    Don't stop with your updates. If I put my progress in writting I inspire me to do better and keep me motivated. Good luck

13. Sthandwa

Sthandwa New Member
    Registered

im glad to see that you guys are loosing..
    I lost 4kg the first wk. Day after that i weighed n i had gained 2kg back, a week after that i weighed and have gained 3kilos more.

So t like i was on duromines for 2weeks and gained a kg. On my last week i did tae bo. Cabanga nje

14. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Ladies

Maureen I totally agree with you, it really is motivating to yourself as well as others to out it in writing.

Sthandwa, are you following an eating plan, what side effects did you experience? Dont give up!! Its so worth it to just push forward. No pain NO loss hehe.
    When I stood still for those weeks, it was terrible but you just have to have faith that what you are doing is so good for you and not focus too much on what the scale says.

I am making progress and have stopped weekly weigh ins, i have had flu for two weeks so was advised to stop the duromine and exercise till I am better. It was good in that I got to see how i would cope without it and I am glad to see that there is def a change in my attitude towards food, which is what will ultimately contribute to me sustaining this lifestyle when I am done with my course.

Have started to take measurements to see progress will post them here, I take them every 10 days or so.
    04/06/2012:
    Hips: 121.5 cm
    Bum: 121 cm
    Waist: 94 cm
    Bust: 111 cm
    Legs: 71 cm
    Neck: 36 cm
    Belly: 121 cm

14/06/2012
    Bum: 120 cm (1 cm)
    Hips:116.5 cm (5 cm)
    Belly: 119 cm (2cm)
    Neck: 34 cm (2cm)
    Legs: 70 cm (1cm)
    Bust: Stayed the same
    Waist: Stayed the same.
    Total: 10 cm lost

24/06/2012
    Bum: 119 cm (1cm)
    Belly: 115 cm (4cm)
    Bust: 106 cm (5cm)
    Legs: 66cm (4cm)
    Neck: Same
    Hips: 115 cm (1.5cm)
    Waist: Forgot to measure
    Total: 15.50 cm

I am really happy with results so far and i even managed to fit into a pair of pants that I couldnt zip up in 5 years!!!

Lets keep at it ladies, totally worth it.

15. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Sooo I am back again, I stopped the Duromine just after July in 2012. My mom was diagnosed with cancer and it was all downhill from there.

I know that a lot of people say as soon as you stop you pick up double and that hasn't been very true for me. I am weighing what I weighed when I last started Duromine almost 2 years ago!! I am back on the tabs and am exercising 4 times a week soo will see how it goes from now on. My cm's have also gone back to more or less what they were but taking the time into account at least it hasn't doubled :D

Good luck to everyone.

16. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi kyra I started yesterday for the first time. I had the fuzzy head feeling yesterday and thirsty like I have never experienced but I drank so much water that I was in the loo all day. I didn't sleep really well as I woke up like I was sitting in the sun but I put that down to menopause.
    Today I ate healthy but could not stop the thirst, again back in the loo all day at work. I just jumped on the scales (don't ask me why lol) and I'm down 2kg!!! Now I'm putting it down to all the water I have been drinking.
    I haven't had any side effects apart from the sweats, thirst and not much sleep.
    I would love to keep chatting and hearing about your progress.

17. ashlee caylah

ashlee caylah New Member
    Registered

hi its my first day, I don't seem to have any side effects apart from dry mouth and a slight headache, I am still tired like I could fall asleep right now, but hopefully it stays that way lol, how is your progress going? I don't have any scales to weigh my self, so im doing it by photos and appearance which sucks, anyway id love to chat and exchanges progress with other people just to see how different everyone reacts,
    im 19yrs old female, weighing roughly 90kgs, go weight 70-75, would love to be round 60 but I cant see that happening anytime soon.
    anyway happy weight love.

18. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi Ashlee today is day 4 for me. I still have the dry mouth and drinking lots and lots of water. I had the worst headache on Monday that I went to bed at 8pm and thought I had slept all night but turned out I woke up at 11pm and that was it. Tossed and turned all night.
    I have had no side effects at all. I'm making a real effort to make my breakfast and lunch for work. I did have one day where even thought I ate every 2hrs, I found that I was really hungry.
    I'm on 30mg and and need to loose 15kg. I will be happy with 10kg. I'm going to continue for the 30 days just to be able to train myself to make the change of eating. I also think that once I can get a treadmill and exercise bike at home (as I don't have 5mins to spars to get to a gym) I will probably start feeling better.
    Keep me posted on your progress.

19. Kyra

Kyra New Member
    Registered

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the replies!

Ash, don't get too despondent, my sister also didnt feel any side-effects for the first few days when she started and by the end of the week it started kicking in. Everyone is different, looking back at my previous posts I didnt lose a ton of weight to begin with so it really isnt a quick fix but it DOES work. I think taking pics is a cool way to see progress but i can understand why not weighing yourself might suck, why dont you take your measurements? That was the biggest motivation for me. At one stage the scale didnt even budge 500 grams and my measurements kept me going :)

Mummam, well done on sticking to the healthy eating!! Try to eat 5 small meals even if you just snack on a few provitas in between meals because it sucks when your body goes into starvation mode. Exercise rocks and even plain old cleaning burns calories whoohooo

I havent weighed myself yet and i am going to try hold out for as long as possible. Have found a cool way to get some cardio in. Have been playing this dance thing on my xbox and it rocks lol! Week has had its challenges though and is taking a while for the healthy eating mind set to fully kick in. Trying to remind myself that its not about what I want right now but what I want long-term. "Nothings tastes as good as skinny feels" is going to become my new mantra.

#19 Kyra, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  20. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi well I'm back now. It's day 12 today and I feel great. Not one side effect apart from dry mouth. I still haven't exercised cause my life at the moment is in a whirlwind. I work full time, my daughter has been diagnosed with a life threatening medical condition that could potentially see her have a lung transplant. I'm blessed cause she has the most positive outlook on life which is an inspiration. She wants me to keep going as she knows how happy I have been. I have taken a leaf out if her book and will continue.
    As I said today is day 12 and I have lost 4.5kg. I have continued eating healthy and making sure that I rest my mind and body. In this situation I would comfort eating to hide the stress.