Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Finicbay, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Finicbay

Finicbay New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    I am 28 years old and have decided to make some changes to my health! My current weight is 123kg and I am 173cm.
    I have struggled with my weight since childhood and have had enough. after talks with my doctor (over the last 4 months) I asked about starting duromine. He has started me on the 30mg tablets. Friday (26th September) was my first day, the only side effects so far have been dry mouth and not Being able to sleep well. I have more energy than I expected and can actually do things after I get home from work (instead of falling asleep) I have been drinking a lot of water 2.5L a day, with no appetite at all but have been able to eat some small meals. I am really happy to have found this forum and after reading some of the posts I don't feel like I am going through this alone.
    My doctors plan is for me to be on the 30mg for. Month then have a month break then onto the 40mg for a month and back on break for a month. I am very excited to be finally taking control of my life and eating habits!

2. Doingitforme

Doingitforme New Member
    Registered

Hi finicbay, I've been on duramine 30 mgs for the past 2 days.. And today I just wasn't myself, I think I cried like 3 times today over stuff that I thought I was over lol, I just put it down to my periods and starting the meds haha
    I'm hoping tomorro will be a better day, it's amazing isn't it? I have also been going through all the posts and I felt better about myself knowing I'm not the only one going threw this emotional roller coaster, I suffer with underactive thyroid and also has PCOS so loosing it is extremly hard, but I hope being on this forum gives me all the support I'll need.. Keep in touch and maybe we can lean on each other :)

3. Ba-ann

Ba-ann New Member
    Registered

I have started Duramine 40 mg( I have the generic, much cheaper) today and wanted to do a post but can't work out how to do a new post. Any tips would be appreciated?

4. Doingitforme

Doingitforme New Member
    Registered

Hi ba-ann, congrats on starting on you duramine journey, it's pretty easy just go back to the page before this one and click on post a new thread it's highlighted in a pinky purple colour.and at the top of the page, Goodluck :)

#4 Doingitforme, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi and welcome Finicbay!
    I hope Duromine will help you to finally beat that weight.
    Good luck!

6. Ba-ann

Ba-ann New Member
    Registered

Thanks, I did work it out eventually earlier today.

Doingitforme likes this.
  7. Finicbay

Finicbay New Member
    Registered

17 days in and have lost 6.2 kg :) the only side effect is that I am still not sleeping well (3-4 hours a night) does anyone have any tips on getting to sleep? I take my tablet between 5-6am

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Here Catch!