Newbie...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by nicole04, Sep 12, 2013.

1. nicole04

nicole04 New Member
    Registered

Hi Guys,
    So after almost a year of lots of exercise and tryign new diets (with nothing really working), I decided to speak with my doctor and give duromine a go. I'm approx 160cm tall and weigh 85.5kg I have never been petite but this is the heaviest I have been. I'm on 15mg for 4 weeks
    Im into my 6th day of duromine and besides not being able to sleep the first night and the dry mouth I have had no side effects. I must say its great not being hungry all the time and I feel like i'm eating A LOT less and making healthier choices, but I have only lost 1kg this week (thats with 3 boot camps, 1 swim and 4 running sessions). I'm reading everyone elses posts and feel like i should have lost more.

Has anyone else had this result?

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Nicole!
    Everybody loses differently. Besides this is your first week, so let it go. Once your body gets used to a new regime, it will begin losing more, I'm sure. Since you are not obese, you might not even need to increase the dose. Just don't jump to conclusions, wait until it's one month therapy at least. ;)
    Good day!

3. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

I would say you didn't lose as much because you don't weigh as much? 1 kg is a good number, you should be proud of yourself :)

Kate likes this.
  4. nicole04

nicole04 New Member
    Registered

Thanks guys, guess im just a stress head and worry about everything (hence why i keep weight on in the first place)
    Only been perscribed duromine for a month not the 3 so heres hoping it will be enough

5. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

I've found the longer your on it the more you lose. In my first week i only lost 1.3. Im in my third week now and have lost 2.1 just this week. Make sure you are eating regularly and "going" regularly. ;) If not I've been taking Metamucil and its really sped up my progress, so give it a go.

nicole04 likes this.
  6. nicole04

nicole04 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys just thought I would give an update. Just finished week 2 today. Lost a total of 2.kgs. Must say this week has be a lot harder had a few more side effects and with work being more stressful then normal hasn't helped. Very dissaointed to not see any results this week. I have eaten a lot less - though feeling a lot more hungrier then the first week and have exercised everyday this week

7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Nicole! I know how the work can be stressful, but personally tried different solutions like melissa tea, camomille tea or other herbs with honey in the evening..good stuff I can tell. You stay strong, please, don't give up. You still have the results, yet the side effects are no good of course.
    Good luck to you!