Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Miss_samy, May 15, 2018.

1. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    5’7
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone!
    I have just started with the duromine journey, I started on Sunday to be exact.
    I would like to introduce myself and love to know about other people’s experiences with duromine.
    So my background story is that I have gained a lot of weight in the last 2 years. My doctor has warned me about type 2 diabetes so this year I have decided to do something about it. My doctor thought I would be the perfect candidate for duromine. I’ll be completely honest with you all, I was on the fence about the whole idea but decided to give it a go. I have known a few girls who have been on it and some love it and some hate it but It’s worth giving it a try.
    So I am currently on my 3rd day and I’m experiencing some side effects. I haven’t slept well for the last few days. I literally wake up every hour. I also have experienced the dry mouth. The worst side affect is the nausea and light headed. I find I get it during the day around about 1-3pm. I currently work in a call centre so would it be me not being as active as I would like to be? Or would i not be eating enough?
    I have small meals as I’m not hungry. And usually eat 3 times a day (breaky, lunch and dinner)
    I love the results that I have lost 1.3 in 2 days and I really want to give this ago. I love to know any tips that you might have?

TeeDee67, April and Dallas Mitchell like this.
  2. Determined93

Determined93 Active Member
    Registered

Hi Miss_samy
    Welcome =)

What strength of duromine are you taking?
    You should start to sleep better after the first week when your body gets used to duromine.

Dry mouth is annoying but does settle down a bit eventually but in the meantime keep a bottle of water on you and sip it as needed. I’m into week 5 now and I still don’t leave the house without a bottle of water because of it, although it’s not as bad now as when I started but I have noticed it gets worse on days that I drink less.

As for nausea and feeling light headed, I too experienced this at the beginning due to having no appetite and not eating enough. I still find that I get it occasionally on days where I haven’t eaten much meat/protein and filled my day with salad and fruits. So my advice to that would be to make sure that even though you are eating 3 times a day to make sure that you are getting enough of each food group throughout the day. Keeping a food diary really helps with being able to keep track of how what you consume effects your day.

Good luck with your journey :)

Rava likes this.
  3. Dallas Mitchell

Dallas Mitchell New Member
    Registered

Hi :)
    I just started my duromine journey also on Monday and it’s Wednesday 2am and I can’t sleep, I did sleep from 9-11pm and now I’m wide awake! I think I got a few hours (maybe 4) of sleep the first night but it was broken sleep. I love my sleep so this isn’t good for me, but I really wanna drop this weight.

I’m 37 and had my 4th child in April 2016 and my 5th child May 2017 and one year on from that I’m struggling to lose the last 10kg so here I am :(
    Before having my 2 children I was 64-65kg.

I started at 70kg (165cm tall) and I’ve lost 1kg in 2 days, not bad, 69kg is better than 70 I’ll take any loss. I actually got to 68kg myself but my sweet tooth helped me put on 2kg:( I exercise everyday for 50minutes and have always enjoyed exercising. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, I like it too much and I can’t have 3-4 biscuits I have to eat the whole packet!

I’m not hungry at all, but force down a bit of fruit first two days, I don’t even get thirsty but drink water anyways. Today will be day 3, I’m thinking I should actually eat something today even though I don’t feel like it, I’m actually turned of food, but don’t want my body going into starvation mode. So good to see food and not want it:)

I hope I can sleep soon cause it will do my head in, not enough to stop taking duromine tho. Only other side affect is excess energy, and I feel different but can’t explain how?

I’m on 30mg tablets for 30 days, and I’m sure my doctor won’t give me anymore as she was reluctant to give me these ones, I don’t wanna do it more than 30 days anyways cause it can’t be good for us! I’m going to make the most of these 30 days and then maintain the weight loss afterwards, got to just stop eating the sugar, cause I can’t do moderation!

4. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the tips determined93! I was reading a few threads last night when I was unable to sleep and some people had found eating small 6 meals and it helped with the dizziness and nausea. I may give that a go!
    I find that I’m not hungry and that’s not like me. I’m normally a guts
    But I have been forcing myself to eat something.
    I’m currently on the 30mg.

5. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Hi Dallas Mitchell
    I know how you feel! I think I may of only got 4 hours sleep last night. I wake up nearly every hour. I love my sleep too so this is definitely a big change for me.
    I am the same with the food. I used to be able to eat massive meals and graze all day. Now after taking duromine I feel like I have to force to eat. I think that’s what is causing my nausea.
    Please keep in touch and let me know how you are going :) good luck

Dallas Mitchell and April like this.
  6. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi Miss_samy :)

My sleep is exactly the same! I am on day 5 today and I have only had 1 night where I have gotten more than 4 hours. The waking up on the hour every hour is driving me crazy! I hope after a week or so it will settle down and I will start to get some great sleep patterns happening.

I was reading another post (I'm sorry can't remember the member's name) but she recommended an Epsom salt bath before bed, so I am actually going to try that this evening.

7. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

Hi Rava :)
    I’m glad I’m on the only one that’s been experiencing sleep deprivation lol
    It’s a terrible feeling going to bed early and trying to get some sleep only to be woken up every hour. You feel so drained the next day till your buzz kicks in!
    Tonight I’m feeling a little different. I actually feel exhausted! I can’t wait to jump into bed. So fingers crossed that I get a good night sleep.
    These threads are a life saver! So much information that is helpful! Let me know how the Epsom salts go. :)

8. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Will do :). I actually managed to pick some up today that had lavender oil and green tea in the salts. I really hope this knocks me on my butt, and I manage a decent sleep.

9. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Hi and good job on your first 1kg. I
    Hi Dallas we have similar proportions. I started on 68 kg and I'm 161 cm so we're not obese just slightly over weight..... What was your reason for going on duromine. Ps good job with your one kilo

Dallas Mitchell likes this.
  10. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Dry mouth is my main issue... even a month on.
    I’ve dropped over 9kgs from changing what I eat and being more active. I’ve cut refined sugars, grains, only drink water and the occasional coffee. I’ve found if you’re willing to put in the work you’ll see results. What I ate in one big meal is what I eat in a day now.

I also keep a food diary and track what I eat.

Good luck :)

Rava likes this.
  11. Dallas Mitchell

Registered

Hi Miss Samy,
    Lastnight I had an awesome sleep and am feeling so much better today, I really needed that, I must be getting use to the pill, I do take it at about 4:45am each morning..
    I just love not thinking about food all the time, usually Im dream about what I want to eat and it’s usually bad stuff... and yes I use to eat for the sake of it
    Day 4 and zero hunger, it’s awesome.. i found I get a little dizzy when standing up sometimes, i try to sip water often and when I do eat something it’s healthy.. good luck

12. Dallas Mitchell

Registered

Hi and thanks,
    I’m 68kg now so I’m down 2 kilos with 8 to go.
    I started duromine because after having my son 12 months ago I’ve not been able to lose my last 10kg, I gained 25kg so I dropped 15 but my weight plateaued and I needed help. Also I have a sugar addiction so I’m using this 30days (my doctor would only give me one month prescription) to eat healthy and hopefully try and quit the sugar is what I really wanna do too.
    How about you?

13. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

I feel you there. I my partner is a body builder and he eats like 5-8 times a day. Or very clean. So obviously I picked up that habit. Let's just say I was addicted to food period. I was always training quite well so it wasnt really and issue but we moved house changed routine and since May of last year I just blew up. A couple of weeks back a family friend said I Was getting fat and that's when the penny dropped. Lol weighed in at 63.6 kg last night so like 8 kilos left.

14. Dallas Mitchell

Registered

Your lucky your partner eats clean it’s a big help, my husband is the opposite so it’s not much help to me. I enjoy exercising too, but you can’t exercise out a bad diet. You’ve dropped 4.4kg that’s great, how long did it take? and is your goal weight 55kg? My goal weight is 60. I’m confident it won’t take long at all, but keeping it off is the hardest part!

15. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

My apologies I meant to say not very Clean. He eats what ever he wants and then I followed suit..... Needless to say he is almost 2 m tall. So he can eat like that. Made eating clean for me very hard. But now I'm back on track. I've been eating g clean for 3 weeks and on duromine for just over 2 weeks.

16. Dallas Mitchell

Registered

It’s soo hard when they’re eating whatever isn’t it? I just started duromine on Monday, and look forward to when my 30 days are up and seeing my results, and fitting into my clothes again. I see some people have some horrible side effects, so glad I’ve taken well to it, apart from the lack of sleep first two nights

17. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

I never really had any side effects I'd fall asleep but not stay asleep and then the dry mouth is still there.

Dallas Mitchell likes this.
  18. Dallas Mitchell

Registered

We don’t need half of the food we eat, we’re eating with our eyes and not listening to our tummy’s wow 9kg that’s awesome!
    The sugars is what does it for me too, it’s worse than fat, I’m trying to cut sugar too

April likes this.
  19. CUTIE_PETUTIE

CUTIE_PETUTIE Member
    Registered

Cutting sugar makes a big difference. Bloated tummy is almost completely flat.

April likes this.
  20. Miss_samy

Miss_samy New Member
    Registered

I finally had a great sleep last night! I ended up missing a tablet yesterday and slept completely through. I usually wake up on the hour each hour.
    I just did my first weigh in. I am up to day 5 and already have lost 2.7kgs! I’m so happy! I’m hoping that the sleep gets better from now on :)

Dallas Mitchell, April and Rava like this.