Newbie To Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Audra Blue, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Audra Blue

Audra Blue New Member
    Registered

Hi there

I'm new to the drug - took my first pill this morning. I'm a little apprehensive about the side effects. I don't normally take drugs of any kind - not even Panadol. But my weight got to the stage where I was weary and beaten from constantly trying to lose weight and not succeeding. I actually gave up and decided to just accept how I was and that I would never be slim like I was in my 20s. I'm 48 and 5' 7" (170cms) and yesterday my doctor weighed me and I'm 107 kgs. I'm not really hopeful that they will work but my doctor gave the pills to me and said I had to be on them for at least 3 months, ideally 6 months. So I will try because he's expecting me to take them and wants a follow up with me in a few weeks.

#1 Audra Blue, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Melmo and Typical_Jules like this.
  2. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

Hi and welcome :)
    we are very similar in age, height and weight ( sw) its not a magic pill and you still have to work hard at it, do all that and you will lose that weight:) the course is for 3 months but your doc will let you go longer, thats awesome, just keep getting monitored . Good luck

Melmo likes this.
  3. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi Audra, the mild side effects I got were in the first week only and were tolerable. I haven't seen anyone here suffering from the bad side effects, if that helps to ease your mind.
    I was like you, I tried unsuccessfully to lose the weight and so my dr prescribed me duromine. So far, so good. I haven't lost huge amounts in comparison to others on here, but I wasn't losing anything with calorie counting and moderate exercise.
    I think for some of us, this is our only hope of kick starting our weight loss. Duromine actually helps to metabolise the fat and suppress the appetite, so for some the main benefit comes from eating less, for others like me its the burning off of fat. :) x

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum, Audra!
    Just keep in mind that you will have to stick to a diet and make some exercises (increase your physical activity) while taking Duromine pills. This will help you lose faster and healthier. Good luck and don't be afraid of side effects beforehand.

5. Audra Blue

Audra Blue New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the welcome and advice everyone. I fully intend to eat properly and be active and hopefully the pills will help me shed. It was always disheartening to me do be doing all that and still not move the excess weight.

Melmo likes this.
  6. Mishi-baby

Mishi-baby New Member
    Registered

Today is my second day and I feel great never got any side effects just not feeling hungry at all, and I drink a lot of water yesterday I finish X3 bottles of 750ml at work, and when I got home another bottle. I really feel great, I am currently weighing 76kg my Goal weight is 50kg buy the end of November so I am hoping to loose a lot of weight. :( I weighed 45kgs before my kids but its part of being a mom to pick so much weight. And I am 25 years old, haven't measured my CMs as yet will do soon:);)o_O

Melmo likes this.