Newbie to duromine- my progress

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by allmineonlymine, Oct 15, 2012.

1. allmineonlymine

allmineonlymine New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, I am 38 mother of 5 kids, I work fulltime and
    Have struggled with my weight for the last 15 year's.
    I thought I'd post to let everyone see my progress and
    side effects whilst using duromine. I have tried so many
    Diets, joined so many gyms, and wasted so much money
    Looking for that magic fix, or hoping that this one will work.
    So here we go. Let's give this a try.
    I went to three doctors to finally have one to let me go on it.
    I mean they honestly don't like prescribing it. I was apparently
    Not obese enough to go on it. And heard the spill, just do diet
    And exercise and the weight will come off, yeah right , no carb diet,
    Gym everyday, for 8 weeks, seriously and I had only lost 3.4 kgs.
    I got to the point, why bother, obviously I'm destined to stay as I
    Am. I stopped the carb diet, kept the gym, because I enjoy it, and
    Just remained the same weight for the past 3 months.
    I had to go to the doctors on Thursday for my knees as I had
    an injury a few years ago. And now it is getting really painful,
    surprise surprise, she told me I need to loose weight to relieve
    The pain. I explained my situation we spoke for 20 mins at least,
    I brought up duromine, and yes she didn't want to prescribe it either.
    But to my surprise she did, only on a month by month basis.
    I was ecstatic, wow finally something that might help.

DAY 1- I got home at 11 am and took one straight away, dumb
    move. One piece Of advise to other newbies don't do it. I did not sleep a wink.

DAY 2 - I got up at 6 the next morning had a coffee and pill, was feeling hungry
    For about half an hour then it subsided, huh, that was strange it
    Just disappeared. Found I had so much energy, no work atm as
    Kids on school holidays. But cleaned the whole house, noticed
    I was really hot and sweating quite a lot. Drinking lots of water,
    at least three litres, very dry mouth, before I knew it, it was 3 pm and I
    Hadn't eaten a thing. Wow. Well started to cook dinner. All I could eat
    Was a small piece of steak and I couple of veggies. Was so full.
    Went to bed that night still thirsty, grabbed a bottle of water for the night.

DAY 3- Managed to sleep a few hours, not as many as usual but at
    Least I slept, have a hens night tonight went down to my eldest daughters,
    To drop kids off. And spending the weekend at her house.
    Took pill and coffee at 6 am, drove an hour, and feeling really hot
    Not sure if this is a side effect of the duromine but definitely sweating
    A lot more than usual. Got to her house an hour later, on the trip
    Drank 1.2 ltrs water. I never drink that much. So thirsty, dry mouth still.
    Had so much energy, cleaned, and rearrange her house for my daughter.
    No food, def not hungry. 4 pm time to get ready to go out. This I
    was dreading, my down fall to weight gain, dining out and junk food,
    and alcohol. Well got to the Venue and yes I know your not
    supposed to drink, whilst on duromine, and I Googled the
    side effects and couldn't find any. So I drank. 5 bourbon and
    cokes. Still soo Thirsty. Had a couple of glasses of water too
    throughout the night. Time to order dinner. To my surprise I
    went for a Cajun chicken salad. I never do salad when dining
    out. Usually its surf and turf or seafood baskets. But I wasn't
    hungry, and I can honestly say I didn't order it because
    I was trying to be good. It was actually the only thing on
    the menu That appealed to me. so salad it was.
    It tasted fantastic, only ate half of it, so so full. Usually
    I devour everything on the plate, another First. Had a
    great night had two more bourbon and cokes, got a taxi to
    my daughter's at 2 am. Not tired at all. And not feeling
    pissy either. Got to bed at 2 45 am .

DAY 4- Woke up at 5.30. And feel really good. Now that is
    a bit unusual. No side effects From the night before, or the
    alcohol that I can feel , had my coffee and pill, time to go
    home. Got side tracked by energy so decided to clean
    the pool. Our daughter is renting our house, and pool is
    Not in a good way spent half the day getting it clean and
    replacing deteriorated parts. Sweating heaps still, feel
    really hot. Really thirsty. Pool done time to go home.
    Got home, cooked chicken Schnitzel, mash and veggies .
    I only ate half the chicken. And that's all I want. Decided
    to weigh Myself. Wow, was I surprised, I am 81.9 kgs,
    I haven't been under 85 kgs in 15 years. So happy.
    I found this site and started reading a few blogs. And
    decided to join. A bit of support Goes a long way. I
    watched a movie went to bed with my bottle of water.

DAY 5- well woke up today, at 7 am, wow I slept all night,
    first full night since starting Duromine. Feel great, just
    had my coffee and pill, and decided to write my blog. To keep you
    To follow my progress, sorry if I bored any of you to death.
    But there's an insight to my progress on Duromine.
    Will keep you all updated. :)

Start weight - 85.6kgs
    Height - 155 cms
    Age - 38
    Current weight - 81.9.
    Weight loss to date. - 4.7 kgs :-D

2. aturn121

aturn121 New Member
    Registered

That's great :) it's funny about the doctors as I went into my and ask for a referral letter for stomach sleaving and she told me about duramine. Being sweaty is a side affect. Try and have ur pill as early as u can. Will be looking forward to the updates

3. Squirel

Squirel New Member
    Registered

That's awesome, you sound like me, my husband thinks he has a new woman, he's scared to come home in case I've rearranged the whole house again. It's great that you have kept the gym because then you can maintain your final weight with diet and exercise, I find duromine gives you the confidence to do more, and it really does work, well done x

4. allmineonlymine

Registered

Thank you all for your comments :)

Day 6 - slept well last night, didn't go to bed till 11 pm and woke up at 6. Not bad I think. Pill and coffee at 7 as usual. And decided to have a couch potato day:) feeling a little exhausted, so kicked back watched a movie, minus the popcorn , which is really unusual for me but good. My son made pancakes, so I had two little ones- size of my palm, just plain ones, no Toppings, for breakfast. Need to get in the habit of eating small meals, started feeling a little restless, decided to go for a walk, just a short one 15 min. Came home and watched another movie. for lunch I had a handful of cherry tomatoes. Yummo. Lol weird I know but that's what I felt like. Went to the river, to check on my boy, he went out on the kayak fishing. Literally a 2min walk. We decided to do some fishing, beautiful day. Had steak and salad for dinner. Ate about a cup of salad and half a steak. Feeling ok, not as energetic as I have been. But we'll see how I feel.tomorrow. back to work I go. :-( drank about 2.5 ltrs of water. Tomorrow will be the test. See I work in the fast food industry. Let's try and not feel tempted to pick at those hot chips. Fingers crossed. :)

5. allmineonlymine

Registered

Day 7 - well sleeping has not become an issue. Got 7 hours, coffee and pill at 7 as usual. Worried about the hot chip situation at work. I pre prepared a salad for lunch to prevent me picking whilst at work. Well it worked!!! :) no picking at all, no urges at all. It was great. I was so surprised. Had my small salad for lunch, my break is at 2 so it throws my routine around a bit.
    For dinner I decided to buy a hot chicken from work, I had a 1/4 piece with no skin. Passed on the best part. But I'm doing this for me, and.I'm going to succeed . Dart night tonight, and its my turn to do nibblies I did an array of seafood bites, I opted for cooking I'm the oven, thought its slightly healthier that way. :) I had to 2 Jim beam and cokes, and just a couple of the bites, the filo pastry ones. They are only tiny. Might weigh myself tomorrow. I will keep posting my progress. Thanks for reading :)

6. allmineonlymine

Registered

Day 8 - so that's the end of week 1 for me. And Still going strong. Had a good sleep again. So pretty sure the side effect has past. Still getting a dry mouth all the time. Been drinking at least 2.5 ltrs water. Had success again no picking at chips or chicken today either. Yay had fruit salad for lunch, tasted really good. And for dinner I wasn't overly hungry so had left over chicken from last night, and a little salad. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    These posts are getting a bit boring sorry all, but just keeping myself motivated. BTW weighed myself see below for results :)

Start weight 85.6
    Week 1 weight 80.8

Must say pretty happy with my progress. :)))

7. Jessykah

Jessykah New Member
    Registered

Well done !!
    Keep it up :)

8. allmineonlymine

Registered

ll Hi everyone. Well it has bee a few days since my last post. I had a wedding on Saturday so we decided to go away for the weekend. We left Friday to go to the hotel, I till haven't told my partner about duromine, but I didn't have much problem hiding it from him. We had a few drinks went out for dinner, I cut out all carbs and think I did pretty well sticking to the healthy food items, must say though I think drinking alcohol and Duromine together cancel out the duromine. As I no longer had the dry mouth, and are more than I usually would.
    Sat morning, all you can eat breakfast. I haven't had breakfast since starting duromine, but I actually felt hungry. :-( I sort of slipped up a bit and had bacon ,eggs, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Still no toast, so it wasn't as bad, but still felt like crap eating so much. Went Back to the room feeling so full, and sick. :-( time for the wedding, had a great time, drank beer for the first time since starting, yes bad I know. But taste .good at the time. Got pretty pissy, only had salmon and salad for dinner. Yummo, I could live on salmon. Had a great night. I know I'll be paying for this come Monday. Pretty sure I put weight back on. s beer is my downfall.
    Sunday morning time to go home, feel like crap hung over, didn't take my tablet today, wanted sleep , not energy, having a day of suffering, I know, no sympathy for the wicked. Ha ha ha. Didn't eat all day, feeling sorry for myself, slept off and on all day , hooked chicken and salad for dinner. Once we finished dinner, off to bed. Hopefully I will get back into the weigh loss regime tomorrow. I know I have put weight back on. Not even going to check the scales. :-(

9. allmineonlymine

Registered

Well hi all, I am now on day 12, woke up at 4 am, feeling really bloated. With bad stomach pains, not sure if it is a side effect or not, but am.defiantly constipated. I bought some metamusal to try and help, feel so bloated it hurts to drink water and am so thirsty. I have been eating small meals for lunch and dinner, but definately no carbs. Therefore I'm assuming this might be the cause of the constipation. I haven't weighed myself as I feel.its not accurate weighing in everyday, and decided to do it at the end of every week. But I am finding my clothes are getting loose, and am getting comments from people about my weight loss. In all, I feel its working so am.happy with the slow progress. I am off to phuket in 23 days, so excited but not sure if I should take duromine over with me. Don't want any problems with customs. I have a letter from the doc, but still scared. Has anyone gone to phuket and taken duromine with them. Any reply would be great. :)

Mumof3 likes this.
  10. allmineonlymine

Registered

Hey everyone, back again. Well I just finished my first Month of duramine, and. so to say I have found it to be a definate kick start to my weight loss journey. First of all hubby found out I have been taking them, and to my surprise he was very supportive. Not pushy as he usually is when I have tried dieting all those times. But hey, I really am not dieting at all. My diet hasn't changed much at all. Just the portion sizes. And I'm only eating when I'm hungry and not just because hubby is. He can eat all day and not gain a kilo.
    I have stuck to my quarter chicken or a mini wrap for lunch, and for dinner the normal home cooked dinners, we don't have deep fried, or junk food usually, so it is pretty easy, I just have smaller portions. I'm not a sweet food eater so that hasnt been an issue either.
    I no longer have any side effects at all. No loss of sleep, no dry mouth, no mood swings. Just can't eat as much a usual.
    So now my first month has gone I have decided to give it a month without it. And see how I go. I will keep you all posted wish me luck :)

Start weight - 85.6
    Current weight - 78.4
    Weight loss to date - 7.2 kgs
    Start clothing size - tight 16
    Current size - tight 12 loose 14
    = one very happy person :-D

Mumof3 likes this.
  11. Slacr

Slacr New Member
    Registered

Well done, thats a great start to your weight loss journey!

Mumof3 likes this.
  12. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

Dont get discouraged, I found my diet diary started off so strong and then got a bit repeatative and boring, but if it helps you keep motivated and honest... keep it up :)

13. WorkingHardtobeLean

Registered

I am guessing you have been and gone, but i would think TAKING it over there wouldnt be too much of a problem... just make sure you enjoy your holiday. after about 20+ days... i would think you may have finished your first month so see how you go without for a small bit, ofcourse can always go back on when home...

14. WorkingHardtobeLean

Registered

Whoops... should have read to the end before I commented... just realised you said you're giving it a break, however I noticed its gone from Oct to November and you havent posted anything... not even how you're going without it... so... I hope you're doing ok. Check in and let us know :)

15. allmineonlymine

Registered

Hi all, ok so been and gone to phuket. Had a fantastic time. Ate really healthy and yes had a few pissy nights but really happy with the weight gain over the holiday, only gained 1.2 kg which I managed to loose 0.8 kg within a couple of days of returning. It has been a month since I stopped duramine and am starting my second script today. In my month off I managed to keep my weight under 80 KG, slightly fluctuating. But must say it wasn't easy to stop myself slipping. Kept the water intake up. So now I'm about to start my second script. I will keep you all updated. :)

Second stage start weight - 78.8

16. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, Dear! Sorry I didn't comment here before...but I follow your score and must say you keep it quite stable. Although I was worried for your sleep issues at first, things went better as far as I can see. Good job I must say!) ) My advice just keep following stable diet, since it's the only way you may not afraid to gain extra weight. I have one question for you: what is your desired weight in the end of journey? Keep going!:)

17. allmineonlymine

Registered

Thanks for your reply Kate. Yeah the sleeping did get easier, however I think the side effects have returned on me starting up again, after the month off. As it is now nearly midnight and I'm not tired at all.,and I found on my month off I wasn't able to eat larger meals like I used to either. Which was great, as I have a tendency to overeat. But now when I get that full feeling I stop there. Old habits are hard to change. I was brought up to be made to eat everything on the plate before we were allowed to leave the table. My desired weight at the end of my journey, as I am only 155cm tall I would be happy at 67 kgs. Or a comfortable size 10. My ideal weight is apparently 55 to 60 kgs according to those unrealistic charts. But I don't want to get down that low. :)

18. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

It seems that your body have formed a new habit - not to eat more than it needs to get full. Well, as for me that's great, because I personally was the same "food addict" if you may say so. I have younger sister, a lot younger actually. So, basically had to eat after her all the time) ) Not mentioning those late-night snacks...oh..So I was very happy when finally was able to refuse from those bad habits. The pills helped actually.
    Don't pay attention to those measuring charts! I know from my experience that these are lies, because every person is different and you cannot count only on weight and height here. There is also lifestyle, personal metabolism and lots of other factors...Wish you the best and NO SIDE EFFECTS!:)