Newbie to Duromine 2012

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hippy, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

Hey everyone,
    im 24 F, weigh approx 99kilos, lets make it 100 since we all know people who struggle with weight loss fluctuate haha. im 169 centimetres. This was my second last option, after trying tony ferguson, extreme exercise, and healthy eating. All helped me lose approx 3kilos in ..... 6 MONTHS!!!! i was devastated.
    So i Finally went to the doctor. Im on 30Mg tabs, first night no sleep and felt very fast. second night slept like a baby abit flustered and jitterey. but the cravings have subsided a small amount.
    Im on my third day, will weigh myself after a week.. im not very hopeful this product will work for me as nothing else does :(
    Wish me luck guys xx

2. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

Well today is day 3.. I had a lunch at the pub with friends yes i know "naughty" but in truth I never really eat out, for once in my life i was able to stop and not eat it all and didnt even finish one glass of coke zero.. Im not sure if its mind over matter or the Duromine?

Weighed myself in the morning... lost 1 kilo.. but i know i yo-yo so will see in a few days time...
    Have had lots of water aswell, but i still have a feeling i wont lose weight like everyone else on here....

3. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

So today is day 5... and i weighed myself last night when i knew id be heavier and the scales gave me a -3kilos weight loss... Im unbelievably hesitant to believe it haha

Side Effects Ive had;

day1: high energy, headache, fastened heart rate, not able to sleep well
    Day 2: Headache, sleeping problems
    Day 3: Sleeping problems
    Day 4: No real side effects
    Day 5: Nill

Positives;
    Massive reduced amount of cravings.
    I have been able to say no to bad foods and drinks
    I have been able to eat smaller portion meals and refuse to over eat :)

4. Wannabskinnybex

Wannabskinnybex New Member
    Registered

Hey Hippy,

I understand how frustrating it is to struggle with weight. I have had to pretty much never eat junk in the last 5 years. I look at Maccas & I put on a kg. My Mum is at least 25kg overweight & has been all her life since her teens, so I have always been very aware not to let myself get too much extra weight. So I have been on every diet known & after all my experiences, I find calorie counting to be the easiest & most effective. Weight Watchers is awesome but it only works for a while (12months). That is my experience anyway!

So welcome to the forum....I try to get on once a week or so, but with 2 jobs, uni & a family, it does not always happen!

So here is my history:
    As I said above, I have always struggled. I have had to since my early teens be very careful with what I eat & if I do not excercise I put on weight - a lot of weight. If I even miss a week I will put on a kg or 2. It is that simple. I always managed to stay between 75 - 80kg and as soon as I got to 80kg I would be really strict to drop 5kg. And that has been my life from 2002-2007. In 2007 I broke my ankle. It took 6 months to heal as I didn't go to dr as I thought I had sprained it, 2 weeks later it had begun to heal wrong....blah blah blah, had it set twice & rebroken, long story & irrelevant. What is relevant is I put on 10kg. So there you go, 5 years of sheer desperation not to get over 80kg & there I was, heading to 100kg. My ankle was so bad I could not run or do any high impact so it was a slow and gradual process. Took me 2 years to get down to 78kg (weight watchers & walking & swimming). Then got pregnant (oopsy....accident) got up to 94kg whilst pregnant, no worries, I will drop at least 8kg after baby I thought....wrong! My daughter was 3.6kg, I lost only 1kg after having her, work that out right? So, post baby I was 93kg, I went back to weight watchers & got to 83kg which is where I stayed for 1 year, I joined gym, got a personal trainer, went on the soup diet, got over the counter appetite suppressants, tried metabolism boosters you name it.

Then in Nov 2011, I gave up. Decided I could not do this on my own, so off to the Dr I go & out I come with a duromine script. Started in Dec; lost 5.5kg in first month, and another 2kg since then. I am now in week 7, and 7kg down. Over Xmas & NY I only lost .5kg, but I would have been happy to maintain over then as I did not take Duromine (or pass on the pavlova). I have noticed it is not working as well as it was in the beginning, but I am now at 76kg, a number I have not seen on the scales since 2006, so I am happy. I have 6kg to go, I'll be ecstatic at 70kg, which puts me at the higher end of my healthy weight range (64-71kg).

I never had any problem sleeping, but I am lucky to get 6hrs a night anyway. Headaches still come & go if I don't drink enough water & I get constipated (but have done for years anyway).

Good luck Hippy, I hope you get to where you want to be!

:)

5. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

To WannaBskinnyBex, your so lucky though you dropped to 83kilos... I wished I stayed in the 80's weight range... Im Glad that you are losing weigt on Duromine let me know how you go if you lose any more weight and how long it took :)
    Good luck to you aswell!!!

6. Harry

Harry New Member
    Registered

Hope things are still going well for you Hippy. I have a sweet tooth and love all the little junk snacks and Duromine has really helped me avoid it. The only time I have eaten anything like that in the last few days has been because i purposely decided to as a little treat for avoiding everything else. I have decided not to use scales and stick with measurements and photos so I can see how I look after each seven day block. Hope things keep working for you.

7. Butterfly85

Butterfly85 New Member
    Registered

I am 26yrs old South african lady, i started a week ago weighing 96kg, today i weigh 89kg = 7kg at 1.61 meters. My goal is weigh 75kg in 3months. I have alot of energy, my sexdrive is crazy but i am expierencing insomina, bad breath & dry month.

8. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

butterfly85 Thats fantastic... :D 7kg in one week is very scary though.. Make sure your eating enough & drinking plenty of water. My goal is 70kg.. is around one year i think. Im really hoping Duromine helps me get to that future step.
    My sex drive has also been very crazy & I dont really have any symptoms anymore with taking it & ive been on it exactly 1 week
    so the news is....... Ive lost around 4Kilos in 1 week... but I think the scales i used are damaged and old and may use other ones because it keep going all over the place everytime i slightly moved hahaha
    GOODLUCK EVERYONE XX

9. indy

indy New Member
    Registered

Hi i also have started Duromine

visit my blog

Fatty2Beauty

10. Alyssa

Alyssa New Member
    Registered

Congratulations to you all, all of you u are doing great :) keep it up. Im on my 3rd week & have lost 6kgs :) I must be one of the lucky ones, as I have had no side effects. I sleep so well & I do not get any extra energy or buzz that some people talk about. My husband is also on it & his bouncing of the walls lol :)
    Good luck everyone xo

11. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

Well done!!!!
    I have lost 4 Kilos in 4 weeks. And have my doctors appointment today for another weigh in. And alos will be put onto 40mg tablets now :)
    Will keep everyone posted :)

12. Hippy

Hippy New Member
    Registered

Well its my third day on the 40mg Duromine, My doctor assured me that the 30mg didnt stop working but I think it did. So I havent really been eating much & im hugely stressed out so im not sure which is the contributing factor here.. duromine or stress!
    Everyday im begging myself for this tablet to work! Exercise and healthy eating everyday isnt working!
    :confused::confused:

13. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

HI BUTTERFLY.

im also drom south africa..

wow big loss that is.

what are you eating to lose 7kg in a week?

14. LEE

LEE New Member
    Registered

Hi Butterfly, yes please advise what diet you are following????