Newbie on board!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Amanda2807, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    As the title suggests, I'm new to duromine and the forum.

Today is day 4... Started Sunday 1st June on 30mg.

Side effects do far I consider to be pretty mild... Insomnia (though I'm not convinced that I'm not sleeping, as usually I would get up if I really couldn't sleep but haven't felt the need to do that!) but just have the feeling that I'm not really sleeping much. Does that make sense? Anyway, the only other side effect is the dry mouth but I don't consider this a bad thing! I'm drinking between 3 and 4 liters per day.

Day 1 I did feel really spaced out and talked lots... And fast! But no signs of this since.

My first weigh in is Monday morning. Starting weight a whopping 106.7 kg so aiming for an overall loss of 25-30kg (176cm tall).

I'm really hoping I can use duromine to help adopt healthier habits. I'm not even remotely craving junk food, sugar, soft drink, chocolate etc and have found that I actually want to make healthier choices ... Lets just hope I can keep the portion size up in the long run!

#1 Amanda2807, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  2. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Amanda:)

It sounds as if it is going very well for you, keep it up and let us know how you are doing and what results you see!

#2 Audrey3, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  3. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

Ok update time. I haven't weighed myself yet (tomorrow is weigh in #1) but I'm convinced I haven't lost anything. I am drinking lots of water (averaging 3-4 litres a day) and have reduced my portion size etc but really not feeling any different. Sleeping has improved, no energy buzz (although to be fair I didn't have that buzz to start with, more a consistent feeling of being able to just keep going).

I am hoping the scales will tell a different story but I'm scared that I won't see what I want to see!!

Time will tell now...

4. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

The results are in. 2.7 down in the first week.

This week I'm going to track my food and calorie count. Tore a calf muscle last night so exercise will be limited :(

5. Struggle

Struggle New Member
    Registered

Second weigh in today very disappointed put on 0.3kg but lost 3cm from the waist. I have been vey careful with what I have been eating so I don't understand :(

6. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

Jut remember that different things can have an impact! Is it "that" time of the month? What about your salt intake? Have you been exercising and built muscle? A 3cm loss is great though! Keep it up!

Struggle likes this.
  7. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations Amanda!:) - great loss!

Struggle - we all go through bad weeks, just try to stay positive and PLEASE do not give up - this week will be better, I am sure. Lots or good luck;);)

Struggle likes this.
  8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Great, Amanda! Congratulations!
    No worries about limited exercises, just keep doing them regularly, at least for 10-20 minutes. Do whatever makes you feel good, if it hurts - let your muscles rest a little. One day - chest, arms, the next day - legs, third day - abs, etc. Little at a time, you don't have to win the Olympics:D

9. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

It happens... just give it a go, don't stuck on a thought that you need to lose no matter what by the end of week one, two, etc. It's a lifestyle, remember? We are not running the relay race here, someone loses regularly same weight, you don't. So what. No big deal. It only means that your body is different than others.

Besides, you said that you lost 3 cm from your waist, meaning your body is still changing.:)
    Cheer up! Little patience and you'll do it.

Struggle and Tania J like this.
  10. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

Weighed in today and have lost another 1.6kg, but that is over 10 days. No exercise at all this week, have found myself hungrier (though doesn't take much to fill me up) and not drinking as much water.

I just have to remember that it took 31 years to get to this point and not be so impatient!!! Hahaha

11. Amanda2807

Amanda2807 New Member
    Registered

Ok so month #1 completed... 6.3kg down. I know many of you manage this in the first week, but I'm happy! Reached my first goal (5kg). Onwards and upwards (or downwards, as the case may be!!)

Joanne87 likes this.
  12. Joanne87

Joanne87 Member
    Registered

Congrats, if I can lose what you have in the first month I'll be happy :)

Amanda2807 likes this.
  13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Loss is a loss - this is like the quote of all days here!)))
    Everybody loses differently, so be happy of what you got, because it shows you achieved your first result and all your struggle was worth it!
    Congratulations!

Amanda2807 likes this.
  14. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Any loss is great, weather it is cm or kg's. I believe it is a lot healthier to lose the weight slowly. For the past 6 months my total loss is 15kg - some months 4kg, others 2, but in the end it all adds up. Don't be discouraged if your weekly loss seems disappointing, just keep at it and do not give up! In the end it is really worth it:)