Newbie- looking for advice :)

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by whit086, Apr 23, 2012.

1. whit086

whit086 New Member
    Registered

hi there, im new at this web site and new at taking duramine, just wondering if any one has any advice or tips on how to lose weight fast and enjoy doing it? im getting married in jan 2013 and want to look my best, im 110 kgs at the moment and want to get down to 80-79 kgs, i use to be a lot smaller but i hurt my back at work and have been on workers comp and looking at losing it all :) my dr has put me on the 30mg tablets and im a bit scared to start them as i keep hering so many bad side effect from them! any advice would be a great help

2. shrinking_Kree

shrinking_Kree New Member
    Registered

Hi, Hope your doin ok.

I find it was easiest to set an alarm after breakfast for 4.5hrs later and use that as when you are allowed to eat lunch then once lunch is finished set it again for another 4.5hrs and there's your dinner time. also eat off a smaller plate size (eg a small picnic plastic plate) for the first card of capsules (15 days) it makes ur eyes think u are getting more as the plate looks full but it helps you to reduce how much you eat. go slowly at changing things but if you feel like your hungry have a few sips of water 1st and wait 15 mins if your still hungry cut up an apple into quarters and have 1/4 then wait half an hour. if it still naggin at you have water again and repeat :) also dont get down on yourself if you slip up we all do it Trust me., the important thing is put the slip behind you and start again :)

good luck. I'm into the 3rd month now and have lost over 12kgs. (i was on the 15mgs for the first 60 days) I've had no bad side effects except i think my breath smells a little more... but i just make sure i drink water and rinse with mouthwash after i eat LOL.

1 person likes this.
  3. freshstart

freshstart New Member
    Registered

Heeeey! I'm new too :)
    Nice to meet you. I went to the doctors to get my usual prescription for the pill this morning and my doctor decided to weigh me. 101kgs... a gain of 15kg since Novemeber last year when I stopped my weight loss program and slipped up majorly.
    He recommended duramine due to my portion sizes, I start tomorrow on the 15mg.
    Lets see where this journey takes me. I'm very excited and keen to get down to what I was in year 10, 60kg.
    (Its amazing how slowly you actually put it on without even realising hey)

4. beckylou

beckylou New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

My current weight is 84kg and height is 176cm my goal weight is 60-65kg

Well its 2:21am my hearts is still racing a million miles an hour. :(
    Yesterday was my first day on 30mg, i took it at 10am (too late) and from what ive read i wont be falling asleep for a while yet. I think I might try the setting alarm for 4am to take pill.
    I struggled to eat with a calorie intake of only 755, I have extra energy, a little more confident in myself, wide awake (being a Sat I would normally have a nap, then get bored and raid the cupboard and fridge) craving ciggettes a lot more, dry mouth, saw jaw from clenching, feeling extremely cold here and there, very short attention span, slightly irritable, but overall nothing too bad. I hope my body adjusts so getting to sleep becomes easier.
    Im very excited to see my results over the next few weeks.

:)

Wishing everyone well in their weight loss journey.