Newbie here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Allicatz74, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Allicatz74

Allicatz74 New Member
    Registered

Hi All my name is Alli and I have just started Duromine (30) today. I am 38 yrs old, have two kids aged 11yrs and 3yrs both girls :) I have been trying to lose weight over the last 3 years and as yet I have had no luck. I am 5.2" and I weight 82kgs my goal weight is 58 as I dont want to be too thin just healthy. My BMI is 33.1.
    I took my first tablet this morning at 6.30am and I must admitt I dont feel any different apart from having a dry mouth. Is this normal? Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi and I am looking forward to reading about all our journeys :)

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello, newbie! Welcome to the family:)
    You look very attractive and I hope you will manage to achieve your goals!
    Good luck and feel free to ask for some tips.

3. Allicatz74

Allicatz74 New Member
    Registered

Thank you Kate, I must admitt I am a tad nervous in regards to some of the symptoms listed that one may experience but Im sure I will be fine. Have started to feel a bit sluggish this afternoon but it is only my first day, so things may improve :) I haven't felt hungry all day but I have made myself eat and smaller portions too. Ive drank so much water today too as my mouth is really dry and has a funny taste. I start at the gym tomorrow and Im going to go walking every morning and evening. If this works for me I will be buying my first swimsuit in 11yrs (come summer time) and will no longer be that mum who sits on the sidelines because shes so insecure about her body :)

4. Philzk

Philzk New Member
    Registered

All the Best!!!!!:)

5. Allicatz74

Allicatz74 New Member
    Registered

6. Onmyway

Onmyway Member
    Registered

Hi there I am new too. On my third day. Going really well and have very few side effects apart from restless sleep and dry mouth. Can't believe how easy it is to eat small meals and have already lost 2 kgs. I am sure it is water weight but it is inspiring and just feel lighter. Good luck to all and I hope we all get to where we want to go! Monika

Allicatz74 and Mum86 like this.
  7. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, I am glad to see new people here get positive and dynamic results!
    Yes, I agree that at first it all water that comes out, making you lighter. But, it is a normal process.
    Indeed, I have been experiencing myself an incredible lightness in the body, while being using the pills and the whole diet complex. But the further you go, the more weight comes off (well if you do everything in a proper way and if your body isn't stubborn:))
    ps: I wish you, Monika to get your desired numbers and no side effects!

Onmyway likes this.
  8. Mum86

Mum86 Member
    Registered

Hi Hun :) welcome! It is normal to experience a dry mouth remember to drink 2-1/2 litres of water a day (or 8 cups) I have to remind myself often :-/ also u will experience side effects but this place is awesome so always come on and have a read that's how I get throught :) weightloss is a very hard thing if you are doing it alone and I wish you all the best!!! Stay positive :)

Onmyway likes this.
  9. Onmyway

Onmyway Member
    Registered

Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I am still trying to navigate my way through the various blogs etc. :)

Mum86 likes this.
  10. Allicatz74

Allicatz74 New Member
    Registered

we can navigate together :) good luck on your journey too :)

11. crazycat

crazycat New Member
    Registered

Hi aliicatz how have you been going? How's the gym and walking?

12. Allicatz74

Allicatz74 New Member
    Registered

Hi Crazycat, I have been doing really well :)Had one day last week where I didn't take a tablet due to having an anxiety attack!! I went to see my doctor and she checked my blood pressure and it was fine so I started them up again the next day. Am still walking and I have been trying to get to the gym but haven't managed it lately due to having sick kids etc. Haven't weighed myself since day 6 where I had lost a total of 5kgs Im now on day 12 and feeling great, people are noticing that Im losing weight :) How are you going?

BeachBum and Kate like this.
  13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Allicatz74!
    Good to know everything's fine and your BP is in norm. Sorry for the kids, but it's inevitable.
    Oh, when people start noticing you lose weight it means you really do great! Congrats!

14. summerstorm1987

summerstorm1987 New Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone. I started the duromine on friday 20/06/2013. I was 120 kg 2n a half years ago I lost 50 kg and had trouble loosing the rest.my doctor put me in the tablets as I have polycystic ovary syndrome and have been told I cant have kids and could result in cancer if I dint loose more. I was a little ify going in them but I love the extra energy they give you really helps me push myself at the gym and that u always feel full havent slept much tho. Ive lost 4kgs already want to be 60-65kg and almost have my old personality back and a little more self confidence as I am a shy quiet person my 7 yr old boy loves all the energy I have now to. I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey to their goal.

Kt+3, BeachBum and Kate like this.
  15. Onmyway

Onmyway Member
    Registered

Good morning Summerstorm and good luck with getting to where you want to get to. Good on you for losing the 50kg! that is an incredible effort :)

16. Kristie

Kristie New Member
    Registered

Hi all
    How is everyone going with their weight loss??? I have not long just started and slowly losing the weight and hoping that everyone has stuck with it and lost what they were looking for

17. Izzy-ozzy

Izzy-ozzy New Member
    Registered

Hi everone,

This is my first day on Duromine. I don't have any side effects so far. Hope it works...

18. Karen D

Karen D New Member
    Registered

Hi Izzy Ozzy, Good Luck....... Remember to drink lots of water and remember that you must eat even if it’s just a few bites!!!! Keep us posted on you progress. I’m almost done with my first week (Tomorrow is Weigh in), will updated my weigh-in details on my blog. Hope you find your journey to be great and that reach your goal weight!!!

Kate likes this.
  19. Grace

Grace Member
    Registered

Good Luck :) Drink lots of water, I'm on my third week and loving it! no side affects appart from dry mouth :)

Kate likes this.
  20. Karen D

Karen D New Member
    Registered

My Weigh in is updated... :)