Newbie from South Africa - 15mg D

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Pupps, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone

I've been reading everyone's blogs and have been really motivated by it all. I'm starting D for the first time tomorrow (31/01/2013).

I decided to join this forum as it makes me accountable to all you awesome people who have also gone through this and came out looking sexier and healthier than ever! I see that there are mainly women on this forum so that makes me feel a little more secure as we all go through the same stuff.

My stats as at this morning...

Weight - 186.4kg
    Height - 1.62m
    Age - 27
    Goal - 58kg by 30 April 2013

A little about me...
    I started dancing at the age of 6. I became a professional dancer with a body to die for (58kgs with body fat percentage 12%). I started modelling and was successful in that field as well. Then, due to some family drama (isn't it always the case), I moved to another city on my own. I worked in a normal 8 - 5 job and I started neglecting myself... not eating (skipped many meals .. sometimes not eating for a couple days at a time), got a common cold which got worse as the days went by and eventually got so sick that I was put off work for 2 weeks. In that time, I started putting on weight. When I went back to work, I didn't start dancing again and the kilos kept piling on. 2 years ago, I was diagnosed with a slipped disc and a pinched nerve that has prevented me from dancing, even if I made the time for it. As expected, the weight kept on coming! It's been 5 years and I'm extremely unhealthy now. I hope that I have a story like most of you in that I start seeing some great results with D and eventually don't need to rely on it to stay healthy. Wish me good luck!

2. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

LOL... I meant 86.4kg

3. Rashidah4me

Rashidah4me New Member
    Registered

Hi,

I am also new and have not started taking my "D" yet. Wishing you all the best and keep in touch
    R

4. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Thanks... when are you starting?

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Pupps!
    Thank you very much for correcting yourself! Lol! 184.6kg was a little bit unusual to expect from a dancer, no offence please.
    That was a sad story, I'm glad you've found this place of support. You can do it, since you were in sports so you know how to fight.
    I hope that duromine is the last solution for you now, because according to your stats you could lose weight on your own...
    Anyway I wish you good luck and keep posting honey!

6. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate!

Thanks for that. Yep, I know what hard work, discipline and dedication can do.... except, over the last 5 years, I've become someone else. The pain on my back and leg is so intense sometimes that I don't want to do anything. It's made me a very lazy and angry person. I've tried Tony Ferguson and many other diets (my hubby is a health freak who has given up on trying to motivate me) but nothing has given me the boost I needed to keep the weight off. My hope is that once I lose the weight, I can possibly start teaching dancing and maybe manage my slipped disc issues better too. Our dream is for us to workout together everyday! It's a small dream but huge for my husband and I.

Thanks again for the motivation! I'll keep you posted!

7. Myra250

Myra250 New Member
    Registered

I am in Gautend and need D without a prescription. Any idea where i can get it

92kg
    1.7m

8. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Pupps i'm sorry to say but your goal is very unrealistic with the time frame that you have.
    In order to achieve your goal you'd need to eat 500 calories a day but then burn off 1500 calories.

Losing weight in that period of time won't be good for your body and your much more likely to put it back on.
    Sorry to be a buzz kill but you should re asses and add an additional 3 months to your time frame and THEN you could do it.

9. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Goodmorning everyone!

Myra250 - No idea... as far as I know, you have to have a prescription for it. Sorry.

Caragh87 - Thanks for the advice. I'm aware that it's not likely to happen but I'm at the point now where I'd rather try and fail (and simply move my timeline) than not give it my everything and hope for the best. My husband has taught me the value of "What you focus on is what you attract"... and I'm ok if I don't hit the target dead on the 3 month mark. If I lose half of what I was supposed to, then its still awesome for me... but if I lower my expectations then I lower my results.

Thank you though. At least I know that if I don't lose it all in this time frame, that I'm still on track and haven't failed.

Day one is ok for now... took D at 5:45am and started to feel super-thirsty by 7am. Other than that, I'm all good!

Wish me luck for the rest of the day!

10. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Pupps! Good remark, caragh87, but you never know how your body's going to act next months or two.
    I think Pupps nothing is impossible, weight loss is different in everyone.
    I've done my calculations: according to your goal, you need to lose 28.4kg or something by the end of April, right?
    So, it's 9kg per month ----> 2.3kg per week basically...
    Can't say for sure, but to achieve that you need a looooot of work to do:)
    I mean to change your diet plan and exercise completely!
    So prepare yourself to stick to an exact daily plan, no exceptions, no tricks and so on))
    I hope we will be surprised in April by your results (in a good way)) Good luck again!

11. caragh87

caragh87 New Member
    Registered

Pupps- I think you do have the right attitude, I just saw the numbers and just thought WOW that's so much.
    I would have thought you'd also be dealing with a lot of loose skin if you lost it that quickly.
    But your right, any loss will be a good loss.

Kate- you're more of an expert than me at losing weight and keeping it off.
    But the calorie deficit required for a 2.3kg loss each week is 16500, and at her current weight her BMR for the week is only 14000 so even if she ate nothing she wouldn't lose weight, and I'm sure she'll be eating something!

I would LOVE to lose 2.3 kilos a week, that would be a dream.. but even with a butt load of exercise I don't think I could.

12. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!

Thanks Kate, for the words of encouragement.

I'm halfway through day 2. I've had no side effects except for a heavy thirst. I couldn't resist and so I weighed myself this morning... lost 900grams since I started. My body fat percentage has dropped by .3 and my muscle has increased by .2!

I usually drink 2 - 3 litres of water everyday so I just kept at it and ate 4 meals but very lightly ... the portion size wouldn't even have been considered a snack previously! Spent an hour doing medium intensity Zumba last night and had an uninterrupted sleep. I was asleep at 11pm and woke without my alarm at 5am. Spent another 20 mins doing Zumba again and then had a really productive morning at the office.

Reading that I wouldn't lose any weight even if I ate nothing is certainly not motivating! We are all different (luckily) so I hope that regardless of what everyone's goals are, we will still motivate each other to reach it. I guess that's the thing about blogs... everyone has their own opinion. Luckily for me, I have more self-control now that I have a plan in place (realistic or not) and that is motivating enough for me to get this thing done!!!!

Caragh87 - I wish you all the best with your weight loss and hope that you're able to lose 2.3kgs and more each week as the weeks go by!

I'll probably only weigh again by day 5 and will hope for the best! Good luck on your weight loss journey everyone! .... The fact that you made a decision to change is half the battle won already!

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Well that's the right quote and motivation!
    Hi, Pupps and don't worry about: "...I wouldn't lose any weight even if I ate nothing", there is some point in that, but you're right - everyone's different and as far as I was reading all stories and posts here for long time, I never stop being surprised by amazing and sometimes incredible weight loss numbers per week/month and so on. So, it's OK to express your opinion, but we can't be sure about the results, till we reach the final goal.

In your case, Pupps, the aspiration is above all. But as for the numbers...we'll see later) ) ) )
    I wish you ladies to lose weight painlessly and keep it stable once and for all! How's that for motivation?;)

14. Newbie

Newbie New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone
    I hope your weightloss is going to plan Pupps. It's amazing what a bit of positive thinking can achieve!
    I have been on 30mgs for a week and have lost 1.1kgs. I am currently 172cms weighing 76.7 and my goal is 60kgs. I have been a frequent gym goer for about 3 years, since being diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (reason for my weight gain).
    I was wondering what peoples thoughts are about weight training? I have recently taken up lifting weights as part of my gym routine to build strength and muscle while burning fat. Is anybody else doing this?

15. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Hullo everyone!

Thanks again for the motivation Kate!

Newbie - Congrats on getting started! I'm on day 5 today and am so excited to get this done! I can't really do any weights as my back doesn't allow me to. At the moment, I've stuck to cardio every day. Either walking and cycling or a good dance workout with Zumba!

Day 5 - current weight 84.3

Total weight loss so far - 2.1kgs

I'm not really seeing the difference in weight but I definitely feel a centimeter or two less on my arms and thighs.
    I've watched what I've eaten over this last few days and stuck to the basics... one raw veg with every meal (before eating anything else), approximately 2.5 liters of water a day, not eating after 7pm and I've replaced one meal a day with a high protein slow release shake.

I have been getting really intense head aches and found that a glass of water and fruit eases it. I am taking a guess in saying that my body is reacting to the lack of sugar because a fruit helps. I have had no problem sleeping (which I think is because I do some sort of cardio everyday) and I wake up every morning feeling fresh and energized!

I have a question though... I haven't experienced a loss of appetite as most people describe. Is this because my dosage is too low perhaps?

16. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Registered

Gud Day Good people

I start using Duromine , on the 3rd of Jan, i have'nt see any difference, i don't know what im doing wrong , please help. i eat my breakfast at 10 oclock in the morning and my lunch at 1, is the a diet that i can use with this , and it does'nt change my appetite ,

please help , pretty from capetown , I'm using 30mg

thanks

17. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Registered

Re: Pretty from South Africa - 30mg

Hi My Name is Pretty i'm from south Africa, in capetown .

i start with duromine on the 3rd of January , but i don't see any difference , is there any special diet, that i can use please help me , i don't know wht to do.

thanks
    weight 120
    I'm 30 year's old,

18. Pupps

Pupps New Member
    Registered

Hi Pretty

Sorry to hear about how things are going with you.

This is my first time using Duramine but I've read lots about it and other people's experiences.

Sometimes, your body composition just doesn't have any affect with Duramine. If you're not having any side effects then maybe you could carry on with D and increase your exercise and eat healthily. I exercise a little everyday which will help with kicking the tabs into gear. Maybe give us a little more details on what you've experienced so far... side effects... any exercise that you do and what kind of food you eat.

I'm sure there are lots of people on this forum that could advise you given the right info.

In the meantime, all the best to you and I hope that something works for you!

Pupps!

19. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello sunshine! Please don't be upset! I'm so sorry you feel no difference so far!

First of all I must agree with Pupps - exercises make a huge difference in weight loss, believe me!
    3rd January the start you're saying? Well that's about month till now! You should have noticed at least 2-5kg loss already...
    What makes me worry is that your eating plan is far from helpful one, no offence please. The thing is that (I know it sounds controversial) you eat not enough!
    Breakfast at 10, lunch at 1:00 p.m.? And this is it? No more meals throughout a day? Honey, try to eat 4-5 times but LITTLE PORTIONS. This way you will have no cravings and your calories will be fine.
    Don't forget to drink water as you feel thirsty. And exercises are necessary.
    Feel free to ask for any advice, we here are all glad to help you anytime!

Kate

20. prertty1981

prertty1981 New Member
    Registered

Morning

thank you veru much for replying to my e-mail, no i feel the difference, i have lot of energy , and i drink lot of what, but i want to know ,my stomach it's been running since sunday it's this the duromine or what,

thank you very my much Pupps and Kate