Newbie: Duromine 15mg

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by baybboo, Nov 24, 2012.

1. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi All :)

I am starting on duromine 15 mg today 24th November 2012. My weightloss journey started more than a decade ago and i have always managed to lose 3kg max then put on 5kg. It has been quite depressing for me to be obese but I have always managed to hide it and pretend that i am happy but deep inside i have never felt good about myself. So at the start of this year i decided to do something about it and as usual i ended up undoing all the hard work. I started of at 92kg in January and got down to 82kg by May 2012 and then the weight crept up again due to slacking of from exercise and my diet. It is now November 2012 and I am always hovering around 85 and 86kg.
    For about 5 weeks i had been on the internet researching diet pills (too many to mention, all promising a miracle). I finally decided that if i was to go on a diet pill then i might as well do it under the supervision of a doctor. I read about Duromine and for a while the side effects scared me. Funny coz i wasnt scared enough to not ask my doctor for a script. So i finally mastered up the courage to ask my GP for a script today and he pt me on 15mg for a month and i will progress to 30mg then 40mg. I wanted to start on 30mg and he pretty much said to me "i wont argue with you, people read too much stuff on the net and think they know it all and its up to you whether you want to go straight on to 30 or 40mg". i thought about it for a while and decided to follow his recommendation and agreed to slowly progress to 40mg rather than jump straight to a higher dosage. I am going to have monthly follow ups with him and hopefully this will be a positive journey for me.
    My stats are as follows. i will try to update them every week but as i've never done this forum thing i hope it wont be too hard. I am hoping to make friends along the way too that will be an added bonus. Here goes the journey to a slimmer healthier me. Cheers to all of you for taking this journey and good luck to you all.

Height: 163cm
    Starting Weight: 92kg ( Jan 2012)
    Current Weight: 85kg (24.11.2012)
    Goal Weight: 55kg

Michelle_stander likes this.
  2. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Oh and i forgot to say, i will be tracking my calories and exercise on myfitness pal. Fingers crossed i remember to do this everyday.

3. Jambrodes

Jambrodes New Member
    Registered

Hi baybboo :)
    Wow your journey is so similar to mine, it's a scary but exciting journey to take and I wish you all the best!!!
    I started duromine 15mg Tuesday this week and am down 3.5kg already in just 4 days. Which for me is amazing as even on strict shake programs I have failed to lose anything at all over 2 whole weeks.

You've already done really well on your own so your going to kick butt now :)

ME....
    Height: 162cm
    Starting Weight: 88.5kg
    Goal Weight: 65kg
    Current Weight: 85

4. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi Jambrodes. Its so nice to know our experiences are quite simillar. We should help keep one another motivated through to our goal weights. Congratulations on your 3.5kg loss. Thats quite impressive I must say. Especially knowing how much of a struggle it is to even lose that in a month. I gave up all bad stuff ( chocolates, ice cream, chips, white bread, soda etc.... You name ot all I've given them up just to avoid going back to 92kg. I can't wait to see how I go after a week lol. I'm soooo desperate to step on that scale.
    So my first day wasn't too bad only had a dry mouth. No other side effects at all. Oh and plus I did 5 hrs cleaning. It was only when I sat down that my body complained lol. I was like the energizer rabbit.

5. Jambrodes

Jambrodes New Member
    Registered

Definitely sounds like a great idea we can motivate each other :)

I have been getting the dry mouth too which is annoying but it forces me to drink at least 2lt water a day and I hate water haha. I have given up my diet coke I didn't really plan to but it just doesn't taste good anymore so another good side effect. I have a few restless nights this week, I did get at least 6 hours a night though just tossed and turned and had busy dreams waking up a few times. I don't really get the extra energy but I do find once I get into something like cleaning I go crazy. I'm finding that by 3 in the arvo I feel exhausted so I'm having a berrocca at 2 which seems to help. I'm trying to eat 1200 calories a day tracking on myfitness pal too but have only been able to eat 800 - 1000. I've cut out most of the bad stuff like takeaways, bread, ice cream but have still been having a bit of chocolate most days just a Freddo or something and I'm satisfied with that :)

I'm terrible with the scales I've been weighing in everyday but after Tuesday I'm going to try hard to go a full week as I'm sure the weightloss will slow down a bit now - I lost another 300g this morning :)

At my heaviest I was 95kg, I managed to get down to 75kg in 2010 by cutting my food down to 1200/1300 calories and walking at least 45 mins or going to the gym for an hour 5 or 6 days a week. It was hard work and took a whole year so I am so disappointed in myself to have gotten back up to 88.5kg, I slowly stopped the exercise and the bad food crept back in. I'm getting married next September so I'm determined to get to my goal by may for dress shopping and of coarse for the big day and the rest of my life.

Oh and I'm in Perth too :)

6. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hey, so today has been quite difficult. I dint go to bed last night till about 5 am this morning and although i went to sleep pretty much straight away, i was up every 45 mins to an hr. My mind just kept racing but it was just random things that didnt make any sense to me. So i had set my clock for 9:30am to take my duromine cap but ended up getting frustrated and got out of bed 40min earlier. i normally go to bed about 3am 04 4am usually and im up at 10am and go to work. This has worked out well so far. Even right now I am not yet tired. I went to church at 11am and been out shopping all afternoon. I hope last night's inturrupted sleep is not going to be a daily occurence because i wonder how my body will cope when i go to work being exhausted. I have been really bad with my water intake since starting on duromine. I am averaging about 1000ml to 1500ml. Before duromine im usually averaging 2500ml easily. So its day two for me and i am wondering if im losing anything but i will soldier on to saturday. i keep telling myself only 5 more sleeps lol. Congratulations for your new loss, im happy for you :). I'm finding it hard to eat at the moment so im basically snacking on fruit all day. I have also had 2 poached eggs to breakfast just coz i felt somewhat light headed when i got up this morning. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, i m sure ul look like a million bucks. I do all my exercise at home at the moment. If i reach my goal weight i will join the gym. I have wasted do much money on gym memberships over the past years and now that will be my reward once i get to 55kg. My GP says my ideal weight is 68kg but i want to go down a further 8kg just to be on the safe side. I am hoping to lose atleast 4kg by christmas, if i do i will reward myself with a new pair of earings.

7. WorkingHardtobeLean

WorkingHardtobeLean New Member
    Registered

Hi Baybboo! I am writing to you as reading your intro felt like I had written it!! I was 92 this year, mid this year I had gotten myself down to about 85, but then have hovered there for the past few months no matter how well i eat or how often i go to the gym... its a real emotional struggle!!
    However your goal weight is alot smaller than mine... i mean i wont say no to that but i also am aiming for something around the 70's i guess... i know once i get there i will want to be smaller... but 70 is a happy place for me. :)

How are you feeling on the 15s? Have you had many side effects? Dry mouth, sleepless nights, heart palps?
    I started on the 30's and have felt fine... thinking of going to the 40's in a week... hmmm.... but I did have initial side effects... wondering if i will get a new dose of side effects when I trade up :)

I also joined for buddies and to keep me inspired and motivated!!

Good luck and keep posting :)

8. WorkingHardtobeLean

Registered

Isnt the water drinking thing incredible... im a water hater too when im off D but when Im on it... i dont guzzle it like other posters but i can certainly take well more... :)

The food tracking sounds like its going great!! I love food tracking, get a bit obsessed sometimes, but it keeps me honest, motivated and commited!

Jambrodes your weightloss is going REALLY well!! and good on you for 'treating' yourself to a choccy a day... we have to keep this real otherwise we are more likely to blow it!! :)

I also need a berocca some days, i was concerned at the start about how this would interact with the D but I have felt fine with no real difference

I am in Adelaide, BUT was in Perth just this May and I LOVED IT!! when we came back we SERIOUSLY discussed relocating!

Hope your happy that I post to you both?

9. Jambrodes

Jambrodes New Member
    Registered

Welcome 'WoringHardToBeLean' great to have another blogger come aboard :)

I know what you mean about the food tracking I get obsessive too haha, but it keeps me honest and gives me something to do instead of eat.

I hope you've had a few better sleeps baybboo, nothing worse that being tired but your mind won't shut up!

I had a bad couple of days was feeling a bit moody and down so I took a day off on Monday which proved to be the right thing I feel much better now I got a great nights sleep on both Monday & Tuesday night and wasn't even hungry all day without duromine, so maybe it stayed in my system long enough to suppress my appetite for 2 days. So I've decided I'll take a couple of days off a week and see how I go with my weightloss, I'm hoping for a 1kg/week loss.

:rolleyes:How are both doing?

10. Jambrodes

Jambrodes New Member
    Registered

My weigh in day is Tuesday - I'm only going to weigh in weekly now (hopefully I'll be strong enough)
    Are you weighing in Saturday baybboo?

Starting Weight: 88.5kg
    Goal Weight: 65kg

WEEK 1: 84.4kg (-4.1kg)

11. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi WorkingHardtobeLean,

Thanks for sharing, the more of us the merrier coz atleast we can all help each other in every way possible. I have been on 15mg for 5 days now and in all honesty i dont even feel like i am on an appetite suppresant since day 2. I have been getting cravings and been sleeping like normal. I am now starting to worry about how much weight i can lose on 15mg. I have not pigged out or eaten any junk but i dont feel like in have lost anything. I will have to wait for saturday morning to get on the scales. I am tempted to do it now but if i havent lost anything i will be very dissapointed so better wait for my 1 week to pass.
    So what are your stats at the moment and what is your healthy weight range?

12. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Jambrodes,

i am weighing in this saturday, you all need to keep your fingers crossed for me lol. I have been good with the diet though so even if i wont lose anything this week i will definaltey not gain. But i am hoping to lose something.

13. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

oh and congratulations on your loss, that is such a wonderful number. #HIGHFIVE!!!!#

14. Jambrodes

Jambrodes New Member
    Registered

Thanx baybboo, I still can't believe it, it would normally take me 2 months to lose that much :) I've been really good not weighing in everyday, I'm sure loss will slow down which is ok as I'm more likely to keep it off if it takes longer.
    So.... how did you go weighing in today? I can't wait to hear :)

I'm the same as you not feeling like I'm even on anything but I'm not as hungry as I normally am which is great. I'll prob look into changing over to 30mg next month depending on how the next few weeks go.

15. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. Just updating you's with today's weigh in. Had my weigh in today and my new stats are:

Height: 163cm
    Starting Weight: 92kg ( Jan 2012)
    Previous Weight: 85kg (24.11.2012)
    Current Weight: 82kg (01.12.2012)
    Goal Weight: 55kg

So thats a 3kg loss for me and im happy with that. I feel like its more water weight than fat and i am planning on investing in a tape measure so i can keep a proper track of my weight loss.

Jambrodes, good on you for not jumping on those scales everyday. It makes your weigh in day even more exciting. I also expect my loss to slow down the next three weeks but as long as i record a loss im happy. I cant wait to go on 30mg though, i honestly dont feel these 15mg anymore. Have a lovely weekend.

16. WorkingHardtobeLean

Registered

Hey J,
    You had a pretty good weight loss in week one! so is tomorrow week 2 weigh in? Fingers crossed for you!
    And yes, i also agree that it stays in your system enough to do day on , day off... however my doc wanted me to do all in one straight go.
    Starting on 40mgs today... will see how i go, my weight loss is still REALLLLLLY slow, which is really discouraging some days but then on others cos i am use to it going slow when i get a lose i am happy and i know its gonna stay gone.

So today im happy with it cos i reached my 10kilos loss over the weekend and its stayed at the same weigh all weekend til monday... so if weight can stay off on the weekend it can stay off for life!! :)

17. SERENITY CHICK

SERENITY CHICK New Member
    Registered

GOOD DAY LADIES

baybboo, YOUR INTRO WAS JUST LIKE MY STORY. I've been struggling to loose weight for about 4-5yrs. 16th December 2011 i got married and i weighted 83kg and even though i was the happiest woman alive to be marrying my wonderfull husband whom loves me just the way i am or just the was i was! i wasn't happy at all with myself and my body, on 1st January 2012 i went to the gym as my new years resolution i wanted to get into shape (these normally didn't last). when i Got on the Scale at the Gym i nearly cried i was at my heaviest weight ever 86-87kg. it was then that i decided to change my life and started eating healthier. In February i was still at the same weight. i then discussed it with my doctor and she prescribed DUROMINE 15mg.

SO IN FEBRUARY 2012 I STARTED MY AMAZING DUROMINE EXPERIENCE:
    i loved it, i was feeling positive, energetic, full of life and happy. i was on the duromine 15mgs about 2months and 1 month on the 30mg. The side effects werent all good but: dry mouth, weak bladder, lots of water intake,headaches, etc WAS WORTH THE WORTH EVERY MOMENT. By MAY i reached MY goal weight, i weighed 70kgs when i finished my 3 months on duromine and i stopped Duromine.

FROM May to November i lost 2kgs on my own but gained it again in december.. my ideal weight should be 65kgs but i'd like to be 60-63kgs.

I'VE GONE BACK ONTO DUROMINE 15MG ON THE 4TH DECEMBER, SO TODAY IS MY DAY 2.

I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO MAKE NEW BUDDIES THAT CAN MOTIVATE AND INSPIRE.

ADD ME ON bbm: 299b8215 I'd like to keep in contact with you ladies.

serenity chick

18. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi J, how did you go with your weigh in on tue? Hope the numbers were great. Let us know how you're going.

19. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Congratulations on hitting that 10kg mark darl. Am sure that put a sparkle on your slowed down weightloss.

20. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi and welcome to the forum. Its good to always read from fellow duromites and seeing such similar stories. It always makes me feel like ive got so much support around me. So how have you found your first week on duromine. I hope the side effects have not been too bad. I am having no side effects at the moment and hoping it stays this way for my whole duromine journey. Unfortunately am not on bbm. Are you on mfp?