Newbie alert :) !

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anni, Mar 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Anni

Anni New Member
    Registered

Hello there :)

I'm Anni, from South Africa...41 years old, recently diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis.
    I was always relatively petite, until about 6 years ago when I started putting on weight. I put it down to unhealthy eating habits and lack of exercise. I had just moved to a new city, and the daily commute was twice the time as my previous job. Hence I had stopped gym as well.

After a while, I tried to start eating healthily and started gym again, but the weight just would not budge.
    3 weeks ago I had a gynae appointment and was diagnosed with PCOS. It was a new gynae, and none of my previous gynaes had detected this. I had only had treatment of endometriosis previously.

My Insulin and Vitamin D levels were all over the place. The doc put me on Metformin, Vitamin D supplements and Duromine.

Today is my 6th day of taking Duromine. I'm not quite sure what to expect as time goes on. For now, I'm making this the start of a whole new life!

Starting weight (9 March 2017): 87kg

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Anni! Welcome to the forum! And congratulations with your start of a whole new life! May this weight loss journey be a very successful one and I hope you will enjoy seeing changes in your body and mind with every coming day!

I am sorry about your health problems, and I hope they won’t interfere with your progress.

Do you have any certain plan you are following? I mean, the nutrition. You’re back to the gym, right?

You’re about to finish your first week and I am sure you’re very curious about the results. Did you decide on whether you will weigh in every week or once a month?

Best of luck and have a lovely day!

3. Anni

Anni New Member
    Registered

Hi April!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I have recently rejoined the gym and have started off slowly. I'm on a low carb diet that was given to me by my doc. I must say that since I started Duromine I forget to eat! I need to put a reminder on my phone to eat something so that I don't starve!

I'm going to weigh again on Thursday morning (a week since I last weighed).

Thanks again for the support.

April likes this.
  4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Anni! How is it going? It’s been a week since your last update and I wonder how everything is going so far. Hope you are following your doctor’s recommendations strictly. Low carb diets are tricky ones. How many carbs a day are you allowed to eat? Are you coping well with it?

Looking forward to your update and hope you are enjoying your day and weight loss journey! Take care!

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Anni! You’re one week away from finishing your first month on Duromine. How is it going? Any results? Any news? How is the low carb diet going? Any health improvements?

Hope you’ll write soon! Take care!

6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Anni, hello! Long time no post… how is it going? Still on Duromine?