Newbie, 1st post, menapausal, uncomfortable and ready for a change

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PinkKingfisher, Jan 12, 2019.

1. PinkKingfisher

PinkKingfisher New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    None yet
    Goal Weight:
    59to every]
    Hi peeps
    I am about to see my doctor next week and ask for a Duromine script. I would like to ask a few questions before I go though.

I am 52 year old female, who has loaded on 15 kilos in as many years

My questions:

What is your suggestion on milligrams, if I have a choice at all? 30, 40 milligram packs?
    How long can you take it for each stint with how long in between?
    How much weight can I expect to lose if all goes well with me exercising and eating right and in what type of time frame?
    Will it help with my current lack of energy and enthusiasm?
    I am on HRT, is that an issue?

What is the cheapest way to get the script filled?
    Should I expect any issues with my Doc saying no? I’ve done my stats and I am risking other complications if I don’t move this weight especially around my waist, so I feel at this point, my argument is valid?

So glad I found this group, I will be devouring as much info as I can goi forward.
    Best wishes to everyone ❤️

Kazzam likes this.
  2. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Member
    Registered

Hi Pink, and welcome!

I am by no means a medical professional, nor have I been using D for as long as some others have. I will try to give you some answers (from my own understanding):

• I think most people stay on 30mg. D comes in 15, 30 and 40mg. It will depend on what your doctor thinks is the most you can handle though.
    • The usual time period for being on D is about 3 months. Again, your doctor will monitor this.
    • Weight loss tends to be higher in the first few weeks, but I suggest that you read through a few blogs on here or forum posts to get a good idea. Somewhere between 500g an 2kg.
    • The first time I tried D I had tonnes of energy, but the second time I didn’t. There will be highs and lows, and sleep disturbance seems to be a common side effect. Enthusiasm will be all on you though. Try to set up reminders of the goals you want to achieve for times when enthusiasm is low.
    • Only your doctor will know if your HRT medication will be an issue or not.
    • If you have private health, ask your chemist for a claims receipt, as you may be able to claim some of the D expenses (depending on your cover)
    • Again, not sure of any other health complications you may have, so not sure if your doctor will say yes or no.
    I wish you all the best, and please let us know how you go! Xx

3. Jane

Jane Member
    Trusted seller

I had to find your thread and the questions is How did it go at the doctor's? Did you get the pills prescribed? Are you already in?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...