New to site, but trying again for the second time ..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kaela, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Kaela

Kaela New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, my names Kaela, I'm 19 almost 20 years old and I live in Queensland, Australia. I have always been a big girl and struggled with my weight. The smallest I've ever been as an teenager / adult was size 14. I've always been very self conscious and embarrassed about my body. It's the one thing that I've never been able to conquer, and it keeps me down, and holds me back from many opportunities because of my low confidence. I've tried many diets; detox's, tony ferguson, biggest loser, celebrity slim...etc, you name it and I've tried it and obviously, failed. Anyway, here is my story...

I was on duromine 30mg last year around January last year and I weighed 99.kg and I got down to 68kg over three months with healthy eating and exercising for 2-3 hours a day. Which was really great but after I had lost all that weight I found out my Mum had a cancerous tumor which was growing on the inside of her cheek, obviously it had started as something else and then spread...she had chemo to try and stop it but it was too late, we kept her at home because she never wanted to end up in hospital. So my Dad and I had to watch my Mum and his wife of 38 years fade away into nothing but skin and bones right in front of our eyes, it wasn't long until she couldn't eat, walk, drink, talk and even know what was going on around her. Obviously after she passed away November 6th 2012, I completely gave up healthy eating and took comfort in junk foods.

Now here I am, 108kg. Bigger than I have ever been, finding it hard to find motivation. But I am sick of being overweight, and being held down. Today I got a prescription for duromine 40mg, I'm going to give it another go because I know my Mum wouldn't like seeing me depressed about my weight and unhealthy. I will keep everyone updated. Wish me luck, this time round I will keep it off. xo

2. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

Good luck Kaela, I hope the both of us can reach our goals :)

Kaela likes this.
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome here, dear! You are so pretty according to the photo, but I'm sure you know that;)

I wish you luck and strength both moral and physical because it's long and hard journey. But we can help you to find motivation and go on no matter what!

Kaela likes this.
  4. Kaela

Kaela New Member
    Registered

Thank you Tash and Kate, I ended up starting on Monday 2nd September, so far I have lost 3 kilo's :) All within four days.

Kate likes this.
  5. Tash

Tash Member
    Registered

Wow good job. Do you mind telling me what you do everyday (food and exercise) because I'd love to achieve the same results as that! :)

6. JulzRulz

JulzRulz New Member
    Registered

Firstly, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I lost my mum to cancer on 6th January 2012 and I completely understand how it can totally derail your life.

Good on you for getting back on the horse and getting back into being healthy! Try not to be too hard on yourself, we have all been to that place where we seek comfort in food. One thing that I have found that can help is to focus on fitness rather than weightloss, obviously diet is important but you only need to think about your diet when you are preparing food to eat and if you are anything like me you end up thinking about it all the time. By focusing on my fitness I have found that it is a lot more rewarding to think about how many kilometres, crunches or minutes you have achieved than to think of what you may have worked off or how many calories you have burnt. It is amazing how good you feel when you hit fitness goals as well as weightloss goals :)

One of my favourite things when it comes to fitness and exercise is participating in Relay for Life, you don't have to be fit to be in it but you can push yourself to see how many laps or hours you can do during the event and it is also a great way to remember your mum and raise money for Cancer research, prevention, education and support :)

Good luck! I look forward to hearing how you go over the coming weeks and months.

7. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Hi Kaela, I see that you haven't posted recently, I hope you're still with it! I am a similar weight to you and my goal is to reach 70kg. So I guess I am wanting the same results as you! If you are still online and using Duromine i'd love to talk to you.

Hoping all has gone well :)