New to forum and Duromine.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AllyC, Jan 21, 2013.

1. AllyC

AllyC New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone,

My name is Alex and I am 19 years old, last week I got prescribed Duromine because I am 20kgs overweight, and I'm short! I currently weigh 85kgs, need to be 65kgs, height it 158cm.

I've found out that there are some really bad side affects... But the main reason why I'm doing it is to suppress my appetite. I eat too much! I have a black hole for a stomach, and I wish I had a body I could be proud of...
    I used to be 93kgs but I lost 8kgs without the help of any medication or diet, which I'm proud of, but I want more and I've hit a brick wall.
    I have a concern... Since I have always eaten big portions, I have heard that when you stop using duromine, your real appetite comes back. Is this true?

Alex

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Alex! Welcome to our family! :D
    You are so young, I understand your appetite problem. What is it that you do? Work? College? Personally my appetite became a disaster while I had to stay at home with my first child. That was the first alarm bell for me!
    Side effects...hm..they are different, some people have them, others not.. As far as I understood, you consulted a nutritionist, well then he knows best.
    As for the last concern, I don't think your appetite comes back after you stop taking the pills. Because mine was stable after I finished Duromine) ) and I know people, who don't have troubles with it either.) )
    P.S. If you afraid of side effects, just give it a try. You'll never know until you try it.
    P.P.S. GOOD LUCK DEAR!

3. AllyC

AllyC New Member
    Registered

Hello Kate. Thank you.
    I am young, I've been struggling with weight my whole life, as family have struggled financially, and as we all know, healthy food is not the cheapest if you get me...
    My appetite has always been a problem. I usually eat when I'm bored, or not feeling my best, and a big problem is that I'm more hungry during the night time than during the day time, which is not good, and that is when I usually find myself overindulging.
    I currently attend nursing school, I don't have any commitments apart from that, which is good.
    I used to go to the gym but I canceled because I couldn't afford it anymore, but it's a waste of money anyway, and the hardest thing is when I'm still hungry. I hate that feeling when I'm trying to eat healthy.

The biggest problem at the moment is that I can't purchase Duromine because it's too expensive. :( It's $102!! I don't currently have a job. :(

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, AllyC. I'm sorry to hear your story...
    I understand you very well. The reason why I asked you about school/job is that I was mostly hungry when spending my time at home. No matter what I was doing, cooking, cleaning up, or simply watching TV, I was thinking about the fridge all the time! And the problem is the more you eat the more you want. But when I went working again (after having a child) my day was totally busy, and no fridge at work. I had to move a lot around the city, so...
    What can I say, it's really hard to get rid of hunger feeling by yourself without any pills, considering your level of weight at the moment.
    You must have a strong motivation and will power, because nothing is achieved by magic!
    Don't worry about gym, lots of people can't afford it either but exercise at home or outside.

Start with refusing all BAD products, like fried, salty, spicy and sweet. I know it's hard at your age to stay away from chocolate, french fries, soda and ice-cream (hope you don't eat burgers, do you?!) .
    You live with parents, so it might become a problem to eat healthy, if they don't support you... Well then try to eat separately.
    Make a list of breakfasts, lunch, dinners (from the web or ask girls here) counting calories and say yourself that this is your new diet plan.
    Ok, that's it for the start, I hope it is any helpful!

Keep in touch!
    Kate