New to Duromine to head off diabetes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Karen638, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Karen638

Karen638 New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, started today as I've recently been told that I have impaired glucose intolerance and need to get my sugars and weight down as I'm dangerously close to being diabetic. I previously got from 96kgs to 79kgs when I moved to Oz (changeof lifestyle and took 12 months). Was goinggreat guns until feb when I quit smoking after 27 years and the weight and blood sugars have soared. Found out when I went to have my thyroid checked out. I had a bit of ameltdown in the docs as I am so down on myself that the doc prescribed these to give my body a kick start again... so I find myself at day 1, took it at 7am, went to work and felt like I could tackle anything by 10am haha! Worked til 8pm tonight and snacked on carrot sticks, fruit and yoghurt and then had a small tuna steak for dinner. Dry mouth, a little palpitation earlier but I get that anywaysometimes... yawning now so hopefully won't have any issues with the sleeping (I'm notgreat normally do not holding out much luck)

Height 171cm
    SW 89kgs
    GW 70 kgs

Going to try not to weigh myself for a week as I have a bad habit of weighing every day normally! How do people maximise the benefits of being on these tablets?

Hoping it works!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Karen. Welcome to the forum and to this weight loss journey! I hope it turns well for you. Well done on losing 17 kilograms! Wow! And you did manage to do it in a healthy pace.

The best thing you can do is to stop feeling down and focus on your current mission. Saving yourself from diabetes and getting back to healthier you.

Did you eat anything besides the snacks and tuna steak? Sounds very little to me.

How people maximize…

They eat 3 healthy meals and 1-2 healthy snacks to get at least 1200 calories, or more on days when they exercise.

They exercise regularly, even if short HIIT workouts or long walks.

They drink more water than they used to drink before getting on Duromine.

They believe in themselves and don’t stop in the pursue of their goals.

They write on the forum and get advice and support, which is one of the essential things for weight loss.

They find a good motivation and do their best to not lose it.

That is probably it. =) All the best!

3. Karen638

Karen638 New Member
    Registered

Hi April,

Thanks for your reply.

In total I had two slices of ancient grains and quinoa bread for breakfast. 3 small snack packs if carrots that I grazed during the day. 2 x chobani pouch natural yoghurts, and the tuna steak and veg for my dinner. Wasn't really properly prepared today so getting fully organised with my meal planning this weekend. I've also drank loads of water but feel a bit bloated at the minute. I forgot to mention I'm also on iron tablets for low iron at the minute too.

Well I fell asleep at 11 pm and woke up at 12.30 am but that's not unusual for me.. hopefully I'll fall back to sleep soon..

4. Karen638

Karen638 New Member
    Registered

So the sleep think didn't work Fell back asleep at 6 am and awake again at 8.30 am. Today's going to be interesting!!

5. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Karen! I am so sorry you had to suffer from lack of sleep again… How was your weekend? Did you continue taking Duromine or decided to give yourself some rest and skip Duromine during the weekend to sleep a bit more? Hope all is well and wish you a great week!