New to duromine: need ideas....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mallissa, Jul 31, 2014.

1. mallissa

mallissa New Member
    Registered

Hiya my names Mallissa and I'm 22 years old. After weeks of trying to convince my doctor after he told me weightloss surgery would be my only option he's finally given me a 1 month supply of duromine. So a it about me is I'm 170cm tall and a massive 144.7kg was my starting weight two weeks ago. After losing my baby at 19 weeks I was hit with depression really bad, then my little girl came along and she is special needs. So being a single parent was hard. Food was my comfort,. Anyway I started my duromine journey on the 15th July 2014 and I took them for 7 days. In that time I lost 4.5kg. I then stopped them. This was to ensure that I could maintain a week of no weight gain, no cravings and noooo junk and proud to say weigh in this week proved it. I'm down to 138.7kg. So I am thinking I will do one week on one week off. And only take the tablet every second day.

Does anyone have any ideas for exercise?
    I am currently doing 100 step ups
    20 sit-ups
    20 repetitions of my daughter as a weight
    10km bike ride
    These are my daily plus cleaning.(duromine has bought out the OCD)

Beautiful B likes this.
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Malissa
    Why would you play with the pills this way? One week on, one week off... Duromine is a medication you cannot just decide how you want to take them. I'll explain why it is potentially dangerous. First of all, when you take the pills every second day the effect is slower. But if you take them one week after another - I can't even imagine how your body will be stressed... First it gets used to pills, and then you suddenly stop taking them, and then again... Don't forget about side effects.

I suggest you to take the pills four weeks in a row and then stop and see, like you wanted, whether your body can or not struggle with hunger on its own. As for exercises - I love your plan. It is great that you can do more than just walking outside.

Wish you the best, please take care of your health darling!

3. mallissa

mallissa New Member
    Registered

Hi Kate, it was actually a suggestion from my gp just to make sure I don't have any side effects from coming off them. I just had to do it that once. And no side effects so I'm allowed to continue taking them daily until my script runs out. He was only willing to prescribe a month as he is against use of duromine :)

4. mallissa

mallissa New Member
    Registered

And thank you :) it's taken a lot of willpower to get out and do all that but I'm determine and the fact it's actually coming off makes me feel heaps better putty I can't see the changes though :(

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

You will make it. Believe in yourself. It's just a start - which is most difficult. But then you'll get used to your new diet plan.

6. janelle wright

janelle wright New Member
    Registered

I take duromine every 2nd day with daily exercise and i see a huge difference. .. for me it still works the same way! !

christine V likes this.