New to Duromine- Day 3!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by 27kgstolose, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 27kgstolose

27kgstolose New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

I have just started Duromine (15mgs) 3 days ago, so far it is going really well. The first day I was so full of energy and felt great! The 2nd I had a mild headache and feel warm all over. I also haven't been sleeping that well and have had dried mouth. But I am hoping this will fade once my body get used to the drug.

I am liking the Duromine, because it has basically eliminated my cravings which is one of my weaknesses and leads me to binge eat! I also rarely feel hungry, or feel a little hungry and then forget about it. So I have been having to make myself eat. I was already eating healthy and going to the gym 4-5 times a week and had lost 3.8kgs in 3 weeks so I am hoping this will give me a little boost and help me achieve my goal faster.

I am started at 84.2kgs (BMI 33! 158cm tall)
    My goal weight is 57kgs

Will keep you posted on the my progress, and hope to read somemore inspiring success stories :)

Paula

2. mumof2

mumof2 New Member
    Registered

Hey there,

Just thought I would send you a post as I came across yours and you reminded me of myself. Our starting weights are practically the same. I started at 84.9kg and am also 158cm. Apart from the last few years, I have always remained between 56-60kg so being this heavy was really starting to depress me.

I started Duromine 30mg 7 days ago. My weight is now 80.3kg.

Waist was 102cm and is now 95cm.

I too was a regular at the gym but my weight just wasn't shifting and I found it really disheartening, I needed an extra kick start so I didn't lose motivation. I am glad I started on the Duromine as now that I am finally starting to lose I have the motivation to keep going.

I don't want a "quick fix" I realise that it is about a lifestyle change and once I lose the weight I am determined to stick to healthy eating and exercise.

The only side affects I have had so far are insomnia and a really dry mouth but that is okay because it just makes me drink extra water. I work out at the gym most days and I think that helps burn alot of the extra engergy that I have off.

Goodluck, we will have to keep each other posted with our progress.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

3. 27kgstolose

27kgstolose New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the reply! Wow we really are close in weights! ;)
    Has the insomnia worn off for you? I am really hoping it will stop for me soon! Apart from that the dry mouth is my only symptom now too. And it is good I am drinking so much water now! This is something I would always forget to do. Your weight loss for the week is great! I am hoping to lose similar so I can be back in the 70's again! I have been going to the gym 5-6 days a week and eating really well so I am excited to see what result I get! Like you I was in between 55-57kgs so it’s very frustrating to be this overweight! Especially so close to my wedding! (10 weeks):mad: so angry at myself but least I am doing something about it now! I also don’t want it to be a quick fix I am going to use this time to learn as much as possible but at the same time I won’t be taking it for granted and will be working my guts off to lose as much as possible.

Will you ask to be bumped up for your next prescription? I might as I am only on 15mgs at the moment and don't want my body to get used to it and for it to become less affective.
    I will be weighing in Monday (5 days away!) so will keep you posted on my results and looking forward to see what you get at your next weigh in. Goodluck! :)

Paula

4. mumof2

mumof2 New Member
    Registered

No I still have heaps of energy, I do go to sleep at night but wake up after 4-5 hours with heaps of energy, I just lay there til I get back to sleep. I don't care, I think the lack of sleep is worth it to achieve the end result. I actually am enjoying having so much energy.

Good on you for doing something about it! If you stick to it, you will lose a stack of weight before your wedding!

I don't know if I will ask for the dosage to be increased, I will have to wait and see what my GP says.

I am going to weigh myself every Tuesday so will update you on my progress each week. If you do the same we will keep each other motivated.

Goodluck :)

5. Mel Muller

Mel Muller New Member
    Registered

Hi ladies I am new here too. I am bmi 33 also but I am shOrter at 150cm and 75 kg. I am aiming for 60kg but 55kg would be even better! I am day 3 ( day 4 technically seeing it's 4am) but i have had an upset tummy kinda feel like I had a big night drinking. Had this since morning 2 so I am skipping todays pill. I went to dr yesterday about the insomnia and he said I can take my sleeping tablets. I did that last night and got 4-5 hours. So far since Friday morning I've had roughly 8 hours. Hopefully after today's break I will sleep better tonight and the tummy will feel better! Anyway I hope to hear from u soon!
    Mel
    PS I weighed last night at 72.1kg, so 2.9kg loss in 3 days but the nausea is stopoint me from eating too much but I force as much in as I can vegemite on toast for breakfast and small snacks during day then a small dinner is about all I manage! Hopefully if the nausea goes I can eat proper portions!! The body still needs fuel afterall!!

6. 27kgstolose

27kgstolose New Member
    Registered

Hey Mumof2,

Weighed in today and I lost 1.6kgs! I am a little disappointed because I have been working very hard, been good with my diet and been going to the gym 5 times a week! so was expecting alot more! But a loss is a loss! Looking forward to seeing your results tomorrow! I am on my 9th day now and have basically no symptons even the dry mouth has improved. I do notice that its tends to wear off late afternoon/night so I think I will be asking for 30mgs for my next prescription. Hoping for a loss of 2.7kgs next week so I will be in the 70's! :) Gonna work my butt off again and time will tell :)

Hey Mel Muller,
    2.9kgs in 3 days is awesome! well done. How many mg's are you on? Maybe if the insomnia doesn't pass you could ask your dr to put you on the lower dose, I found I basically had no side effects after the 5th day. (I am on 15mgs)
    Feel free to weigh in with us weekly :)

Paula

7. rootesy

rootesy New Member
    Registered

Hi, I am just about to start taking Duromine for the first time in my life and I can't wait to HOPEFULLY see some real results. But anyways you were saying that you go to the gym 5 days a week, trust me my friend you don't need a gym membership to lose weight. Two years ago I lost 15kg (33pd) in 12 weeks just by WALKING 30mins 5 days a week and also eating lean protein and veggies! Not any starchy carbs like white bread, pasta, rice... pretty much anything that comes in a wrapper ;) Trust me, this will drop the pounds of you in no time at all with taking Duromine at the same time.

I would do that diet again but now I have a broken ankle that just will not heal fully and have three kids to look after so I am trying Duromine to help me out. But all I am saying is to try walking, NOT jog or run! Just walking for 30mins or more a day and see were that goes for you. Good luck.