New on Duromine, needing advice!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maree87, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Maree87

Maree87 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    116.8kg
    Current Weight:
    116.8kg
    Height:
    160cm
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    77kg
    Hi guys! I'm a newbie to the duromine bandwagon and I'm needing some advice.

I started on 30mg duromine last week in the hope of losing extra weight that I've been stuck with for as long as I can remember, and over the past few years it's just crept further up due to lifestyle changes.

Anyway! My issue is that the first few days I started duromine, I noticed a really strong shift in my energy levels and the appetite loss was amazing. I was only eating one meal, which isn't ideal I know, but it gives you an idea of where my appetite was at (zero!). However yesterday my energy level plummeted, I hit a brick wall already at around 12pm and the same happened today. I'm feeling really grumpy as well, but my sleep at night has been fine. I'm also still having 1-2 coffees a day. Admittedly yesterday was my first day back at work after a two week break, so it could be post holiday blues, but I literally feel like I could fall asleep at my desk.

On top of that I haven't seen a shift on the scales, although I have dropped some centimetres off my waist.

On the first 4 days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) I was eating less than the normal 1200 calories however the food I had was a mixed bag of things from a few bites of a salad wrap, to a piece of homemade cake, to grilled fish and some chips, to a berry smoothie. (I'm generally a weird eater on the weekend, I'll usually only have one or two proper meals simply because time gets away from me.)
    The past two days (Monday and Tuesday) I've had:

Breakfast: 1 wholemeal English muffin with 2 boiled eggs

Lunch: broccoli soup

Snack: celery & carrot with a tbsp of natural peanut butter

Dinner (last night only): tiny portion of some pork and roasted veg.

Water: approx 2L

I've also been doing fasted exercising nearly everyday, two mornings were 45min walks and two were interval running and weights.

I guess my question is, do I stick it out with D for another week and just hope it levels itself out now that I'm eating properly, or should I take a few days off it and start again next week?

Sorry about the long winded post!! Just wanted to be as transparent as possible :). I'd really love any feedback/advice you all have!!!
    xo

#1 Maree87, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. shanR

shanR New Member
    Registered

It takes about a week or so to really see how your body adjusts to the medication. I found about. Month in and it was amazing, really seeing results. And I could spend hours at the gym, I have currently stopped Duromine as I have medical issues going on(non duromine related) so I had lost 7kg in 2 months. How often have you been advised to take them? I found if I took them regularly daily that I lost more weight but found it really hard to get the right amount of daily calorie intake, so I was taking 2nd 3rd day as advised by doc. Good luck, if you can get past the first few weeks and have minor side effects then u should be right ;)

April likes this.
  3. Maree87

Maree87 New Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for your reply, that's given me a bit more hope . I was told to take them everyday, so I'll continue to do that and hope it kicks in soon like you said!

shanR likes this.
  4. shanR

shanR New Member
    Registered

Yeah quite shattered I had my end with duromine, but at the start I was like you. But after the side effects worse off and I managed to figure what they were then all of a sudden my motivation came thru, but good Tip don’t constantly weigh and keep water intake up, good luck! Move body as much as possible you will start to feel the energy levels rise once the body adapts

April likes this.
  5. Maree87

Maree87 New Member
    Registered

I hope you're ok! 7kgs is an awesome result though, well done :). Yeah I tend to get a bit obsessive and want to sneak a look at the scales and measuring tape every morning...probably not the healthiest approach! But you're right, I'll try to resist looking tomorrow morning. Thank you!

April likes this.
  6. Magie

Magie New Member
    Registered

Hi @Maree87,
    I’m in the same boat on the energy level front. First few days were great & now I just feel normal. Also not a huge drop in weight in the 5 days I’ve been on Duromine only 1.6 kg. Let us know how you go? :)

7. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member
    Registered

Hey I'm the same. Just finishing day 6. Today I feel pretty normal. It's like some of my appetite is coming back, but only slightly. So far I've only lost 1 kg. I'm currently down from 84.1 to 83.1kg

8. Maree87

Maree87 New Member
    Registered

Hey @Magie and @Sylvia! Glad to hear it's a common thing, I'm sure the weight loss will kick in for us soon! Your losses in less than a week are great though! Well done. I've read so many of the posts in this forum about massive losses in the first few days but I just need to remember we're all so different. I stopped myself from weighing and measuring this morning, I'll wait a few more days to check again I think.
    I felt HEAPS better today though in terms of energy, and not a lot of hunger. I took my tablet a little bit later than usual (6:45am, instead of 5am), I wonder if that had anything to do with it?
    The rest of my week is full of social events (aka food) including my birthday, so I'm nervous about how to approach them without letting my plan down. I'm already scared to weigh myself on Monday!! Any tips??

April likes this.
  9. Magie

Magie New Member
    Registered

@Maree87 Happy upcoming birthday! Well I’m going away for a long weekend & I do want to be able to have a few glasses of wine so I’m going to stop the Duromine for 2 days while we are away. I spoke to my Dr about it & she said it shouldn’t impact the overall results. Will make sure I’m going for at least an hours walk every morning & try to make relatively healthy choices. Avoiding food is always a hard one, we just need to be mindful of what choose & portions. :) Also if you are planning on having a glass of wine definitely skip the Duro for that day.

April likes this.
  10. Maree87

Maree87 New Member
    Registered

Thanks @Magie for all the great tips and birthday wishes! I ended up weighing and measuring myself this morning out of curiosity and I've lost a kilo, and another 1.5cm off my waist :). So that's given me motivation to stay on track as much as possible for the rest of the week!

Enjoy your long weekend away and those glasses of wine, you've earnt it! Keep in touch, I'd love to know how you're going ;)